Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #76  
empty nester

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey Ladies . . .

You guys are awesome. What warm hearts and kind spirits. I am not able to chat now, but will catch up this weekend-sooner if I am able. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
The gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey guys!!

I had my callback mammogram on Halloween. Kinda scary but after 2 different close-up films and an ultrasound it was just dilated milk ducts. (Never heard of those . . .) I'm very relieved.

I've had a headcold since the 30th, I guess. It's my DH's fault. He brought it home from work and kept drinking out of my water glass last weekend. grrrr. He will be punished!!! lol.

I felt lousy enough that I haven't exercised all week. Not going to let it freak me out though. I am still OP!!! Even with wine and 2nd helpings I'm still within my points!! Hooray!!

Tonight is the party I've not been looking forward to. I'm prepared. Maybe my nose is so red nobody will even notice I've lost weight! lol. Truthfully, I'd rather stay home and take a hot bath and SLEEP!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 11-02-2007 at 12:37 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

gg:
Glad to hear your test results came back good & hope you get over that cold quick. Enjoy your party!

I completely blew my diet yesterday, I went out for cocktails with some friends after work & didn't follow my own spritzer advice. I drank beer, to many beers as a matter of fact. So not only did I set myself back a week as far as my diet goes I also had to go to work with a hangover! I really needed to do that though because it's been a long time since I've been able to get out, between work & babysitting my granddaughter I never have time for myself. Todays a new day though & I'm back on track!
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #79  

TFC: You blew one day. NOT a whole week. That's one of the things I actually like about WW. I use the flex points for those "special" events. I bet in a few days your weight will be the same. Doesn't it take 3,500 calories to make a full pound?? I think if you'd drank 3,500 calories in one night you wouldn't have been able to get up and drag your carcass to work!! :-) Chin up!!!

I did not go to the party. I was really miserable Friday and stayed home. Yesterday was moderately better and I feel even better today.

I'm still OP. Only have 3 flex points left, but am still OP!! Hooray!! My WI is tomorrow. Normally, I have some sort of popcorn on Sunday so my weight goes up on Monday due to all the salt. I'm not going to eat any popcorn today. OR, if I give in and absolutely have to eat popcorn, I'm not going to WI on Monday. It's just too discouraging.

Gramma . . . I'm sending you a BIG HUGE HUG!!! I'm a longarm quilter, did you know that?? My long arms will stretch 3 states away!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #80  

Default I'm back on track today

I was so tired when I got home this morning that I went straight to bed after checking in here. I got a really good days sleep but then with the time change & the extra sleep (anything over about 5 hours is extra for me) I woke up 3 hours earlier than normal. So I did some strength training & a little calesthenics & then took a nice long hot bath. I still have 1 1/2 hours before I have to leave for work & now I'm bored to death.

gg: Sorry you missed your party but it's good to hear you're feeling better.

gramma: I'll send you my e-mail, If you want the link to that site I mentioned
let me know & I'll send it to you.

clyde: How are you doing?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #81  

Good Monday morning!!

I slept a LOT this weekend. I feel MUCH better!!

I ate a little too much yesterday. Gave in and had some caramel apple that had been sitting on the counter for DAYS. I should have thrown it away . . . I was also surprised to learn how many points cornbread has.

I was happy with my WI this morning, especially considering my exercise last week was almost nil. I am a little late on my Halloween goal, but today my weight was down .2 pounds MORE than my goal. Better late than never is my motto!!

I've also discovered I'm more apt to overindulge if I've been eating the same thing all the time. Last week I made some steamed dumplings and they were GREAT. I felt like I was truly indulging and for the next couple of days, staying OP seemed easier. I just mixed up some LF turkey sausage with veggies and added soy sauce and spicy Szechuan sauce, put them into pre-made won-ton wrappers and steamed them. Yummmy!! My DH loved them, too. I think I'll make more today for lunch but leave out the sausage and use rice or beans instead to save on points.

I'm getting my lazy carcass back on the exercise bandwagon, too. I might start slow, just a walk today, but I've got to get back to moving. I think exercise helps me stay OP as well.

It seems every person I know that's trying to lose weight has slipped up a little bit lately. It's NOT a big deal. FORWARD MOTION . . . just keep going.

Hope everybody has a fabulous Monday. :-)
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #82  

gg:
Congrats on your weigh in. I know what you're talking about as far as eating the same things day after day goes. I started that way & got so bored with what I was eating that I started craving everything in site. I learned quickly that variety was important. Your steamed dumplings sound delicious I'll have to give it a try.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #83  
empty nester

Height: 5'6"

Hi All!

GG-Sooooo glad about your mammo results. Good girl for getting squished! Those dumplings sound great! I bet they would freeze well too. Also-great job on the weigh-in!

TFC-Wow, your sched was really off eh? So great you took advantage of those extra waking hours! Thats motivating!

I don't know how people function on little sleep. I really like my 8 hours, but usually only get 7. I guess It's enough. Sleep has been a big issue for me lately. I have been taking those Tylenol "simply sleep" and it helps a lot.

Well, I am headed back in the right direction with my weight. Sure hope I can keep it up. I am still 3lbs outside of onderland, but thats ok for now. I am going to go get some exercise in, then I will feel better.

Have a wonderful day all!
The gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #84  

Default Good morning everyone!

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. The scale is finally back to where it was when I decided in all my wisdom to go out and party. I've alway said "you play, you pay" and I paid with both a hangover and a slow down on my weight loss. But that's all in the past now & I'm back on track.
Yesterday was a little hectic for me too because I babysat both of my granddaughters. One is 17 months and the other is 10 months, I was so pooped at the end of the day that I didn't do my cardio, just my strength training. I don't have either of the girls today though so I'll do both.

OK now, the following is just me ranting and completely off topic so feel free to ignore it!
Someone managed to get hold of my daughters checking account info a couple of days ago and drained her account. She's $567 and change in the hole! My daughter is only 19 and didn't know what to do so she asked me to handle it for her. I went online to the banks site and printed out the fradulant checks and they appear to have been printed on a home computer. The font is different and in the wrong location and the banks logo is to small and also in the wrong location. The first check had both my daughters name and the other persons (the person committing the fraud) along with my daughters account number, the rest of the checks just had the other persons name but my daughters account number. The person who did it was really stupid though because she paid her "Cheveron Credit Card" using my daughters account so it shouldn't be to difficult for the bank and the police dept to track her down. We spoke to the bank and they've started a fraud investigation but in the mean time my daughters account is frozen and it'll take up to 45 days to get the money back. She was already stressing because her hours had been cut back at work though and she had to take out a $500 loan to cover her bills this month. Thankfully by the time she got the loan (through work) the bank was already closed and she hadn't deposited the money into her account. But now she's going to have to dip into my granddaughters savings account to get everything paid. The poor kids never even bounced a check, she's devestated. I wish I had the money to help her out but I don't, I'm just barely keeping my head above water. What I don't understand is why didn't the bank give her a courtesy call and say "hey, we're going to go ahead and pay these checks cause you're such a good customer and have excellent credit, but it'll leave you with an overdraft". Instead they paid them and charged her $32 for each of the overdrafts! A simple call from the bank could have prevented it from happening! Ok, that's out of my system, I'll stop ranting, and do my cardio now.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #85  

TFC - What happened to your daughter is AWFUL. Have you asked the bank to refund the overdraft charges? I'm sure if you speak with the Operations Manager or Branch Manager they will happily refund the charges. If they don't, I'd be looking for a different bank. Also, if the fraud investigation is going on within the bank, try to speak with somebody in management and explain the situation. Oftentimes, these things can be expedited, especially within a small bank. It's sad, but if they had stolen her debit card she could only be held responsible for $50.

My eating has been completely OP but I haven't exercised in more than a week. I need to get back on it. It's rainy and cold here. Definitely not my favorite weather pattern.

So glad to hear most of us are all back on track!! Gramma, good to see you, we've missed you!! Clyde, you out there?? How are you doing??
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #86  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Mindy I'm here.

I always feel so lazy when I read how much exercise you all are doing.

I'm not very motivated at the minute. Mind you I stayed the same this week so that's all right.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #87  

Clyde, I haven't exercised in more than a week. I feel terrible about it. It's SO EASY for me to find some kind of excuse. I've had a head cold. Blah, blah, blah. I was busy with phone calls. I had an argument with a friend and am just too tired . . . excuse after excuse.

I envy women that LOVE to exercise. I've never been there. It's always something I have to push myself to do.

Maybe some sort of exercise challenge would be good for our group?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #88  

Smile

Good morning everyone!

Clyde how nice to see you're still around. Believe me the exercise is not easy, I have to force myself most days! The strength training is no big deal but the eliptical really kicks my butt!

Speaking of strength training.......I have biceps!!! They're not very big but they're still there. I've never had biceps before. It's so motivating to know that the strength training is actually working. I actually look forward to picking up my dumbbells now that I can see results. Now if the eliptical would just show me some results, so far all I have to show for it is tired leg muscles.

My daughter spoke with the bank & filed a fraud report, it'll take 45 days to get her money back & that's only if the bank decides that it was fraud!!! She also filed a report with RPD who didn't seem to terribly interested. If at the end of the 45 days she doesn't get her money back I'm going to make her close out her other account & move it to a credit union. We did figure out what happened though. She mailed her car payment on the 2nd. It only had to go across town & shouldn't have taken more than 2 or 3 days at most. The finance company still hasn't received the check though, so I'm guessing it was stolen out of my mail box. I've warned all my neighbors to take their bills to the post office so the same thing doesn't happen to them.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #89  

Hey TFC!! Biceps!! How cool!!

I've been hunting a lot with my husband. Walking in the woods is one of my favorite activities.

I'm still OP. Even walking in the woods I don't really feel like I'm "exercising" everyday.

I'm thinking about going to Positive Changes Hypnosis Clinic. Any thoughts??
Old 11-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #90  

I've thought about hypnosis too, the only thing that's holding me back is the cost, I really can't afford it, and whenever I do have the money it seems like something comes up. I do know people who have successfully used hypnosis for smoking & relaxation though. Maybe santa will get me a hypnosis session, I'll have to write him a note!
I'm not a hunter but I love the woods & walking in the woods does count as exercise. You can get a pedometer at walmart that calculates the calories burned by walking for about $5. I got one for my daughter because she was curious about how many miles she walks in a day at work (she's a waitress).