Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

My workouts wouldn't qualify as a full 60 minutes of cardio, but it's definitely 60 minutes of WORK. I do The Firm workouts and they are aerobics combined with weights. They kick my butt.

Here's the website:

http://www.firmdirect.com

I wouldn't waste my $$ on the adjustable weights. Everytime you'd want a different weight you'd have to screw off the ends and add a new weight. I'd just buy inexpensive iron weights where you live. Also, a lot of the videos are availabe on eBay for MUCH less money than directly from the site. You can pick them up at Target, too. I'm happy to share my favorites if you are interested.

My DH is going hunting so there's not a single reason I can't be OP for the next 13 days!!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #17  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Gramma I'm in.

What did I just agree to do?

I need to be more accountable with regard to exercise. I will get out and walk again.

Also will watch the eating.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #18  
empty nester

Height: 5'6"

Talking 5lb goal!

Hey girls!

Thanks for joining in. I really need the support.
So, our goal is to shoot for a 5lb loss by the end of the month.
We will have our final weigh in on November 1! (Then we we work on tackling thanksgiving)
My in-laws have been here, so it kind of put a cramp in my exercise routine. My ellyptical and weights are in our guest house where they have been staying, but they leave tommorow. So I should be good to go until mid Nov, when my youngest son comes to visit.

My starting weight is 199! I WILL be 194 or less by Nov. 1

Last edited by The gramma; 10-09-2007 at 06:06 AM.
The gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #19  
empty nester

Default Hey Girls!

Hey GG & Clyde,

Still hanging in there?

Trying to decide on a couple of personal goals for the rest of the month to ramp up the loss. I think I need to work on getting more water and stretching more.

I better get some chores done, then get my exercise in.

Have a great day all!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #20  

Hey all!

Gramma and I are exactly the same place. 199 to 194 by Nov. 1.

My scale is moving the wrong direction but I'm going to keep on keepin' on.

I didn't work out yesterday at all. I feel guilty. I'm planning on working out extra hard this morning after I meet my friend, Kari, for coffee.

I've come up with my mantra. "I am healthy, happy, and fit."

I say it to myself as often as possible during the day and if I catch myself thinking, "I'm tired," then I have to say it 10 times in a row. I need to banish the words, "I'm tired" from my vocabulary.

Gramma, you are very lucky to be able to have your exercise stuff in a guest house. I don't even have a room where I can go in and close the door!! It's a constant battle with the dog. If he's outside he barks, and if he's inside he wants to lick me! lol. I'm going to have to corner DH when he gets home from hunting and discuss turning one of the guest rooms into my exercise studio!!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #21  
empty nester

Arrow

Love your mantra GG!

The scale was not my friend today either. Hopefully water weight and will be gone by next weeks weigh in

There should be a rule. If your a gramma-your TOM's should end! Seems only fair.

I did execise my tushy off today. That should help!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #22  

I started counting points on WW again. I feel I need more guidance on portion control and even though I think their system has some funky rules, I lost weight when I was counting points.

Haven't worked out yet, but I am going to do a 30 minute ab video when I finish up here.

Congratulations on your workout Gramma!!

I learned two interesting things from this site today. Did you know you can rent exercise videos from Netflix? I didn't. There is also a place on the web to view free exercise videos and I heard if you can burn DVD's you can burn them to DVD. http://www.exercisetv.tv

How cool is that??
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #23  
One pound at a time.

Hi girls I'm not doing well. My weigh in is tomorrow.

I'm not in a very good frame of mind at the minute.

I will report back tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #24  
empty nester

Default This is only temporary!

Clydegirl,
Don't be down. It's not forever. Today you have a chance to begin again! You can do it !

Make sure you are taking care of yourself. When I get run-down, that's when I slip-up
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #25  

Yup Clydegirl!!

When I finally got on the scale a couple of weeks ago I was up 6 . . . then 7 pounds!! I'm NOT going to let that keep happening. I'm going TO DO IT THIS TIME!!

Forget the past, even if it's noon, it's not too late to start the day over!!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #26  
One pound at a time.

Well surprise surprise I stayed the same.

This is a bad weekend coming up. Today is my youngest's birthday and our wedding anniversary. My middle daughter is 16 on Monday. Whoever's birthday it is gets to pick where we go eat to celebrate. Not sure what we're going to be eating tonight.

Thanks for the support girls.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 10-11-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm not quite there yet but should be within the next few days! Well actually I am, sort of, depends on the time of day! I find I usually weigh 2 or 3 pounds less when I get out of bed than I do at the end of the day.
Yes, I weigh myself twice a day, I can't help it, I'm addicted to the scale. First time I've owned one in over 20 years. Maybe If I hadn't been so afraid of the number displayed on them in the past I wouldn't be where I am today!

Last edited by Time for a change; 10-11-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #28  
empty nester

Default Welome!

Time for a change !

Way to hold fast, Clydegirl!

GG-how are the points workin for ya?

Work today-catch ya all tonight!

Last edited by The gramma; 10-12-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #29  

Time for a change: Welcome to our little group! We are glad you joined us.

Clydegirl: Do you have a mantra yet?? Some little diddy you can banter to yourself to keep you from thinking about what you're missing? I have two words for you . . . "Positive Self-Visualization." Try to see yourself being happy and successful to NOT eat cake. It works. If I smile (even if it's forced) when I say, "No, thank you." It actually helps me feel better.

I've been on program the last 2 days. Yesterday was rather difficult as a made scrumptious fruit buckle for the kids but I had unused activity points and had a tiny little piece and was satisfied!

I have walked 2.9 miles already today and the last 2 days as well.

Let me start my WW thoughts with letting you know I have a background in accounting. I get irritated with Weight Watchers. Their points don't always add up the same. I entered a recipe and it totalled 6 points. It didn't save properly so I had to enter it AGAIN and it totalled 5 points . . . THEN the first recipe mysteriously showed up. The exact same ingredients in exactly the same quantities and they are a point apart. ???

And get this. Crimini mushrooms, 7 of them which I estimated at 1/2 cup, is .5 points but a whole cup of other raw mushrooms is 0 points.

And this 60 calorie, zero point soup . . . give me a break. You can't try to make a homemade soup with the same ingredients and get it to total ZERO. I know, I've tried. It's all a scam, IMHO.

I'm trying to ignore all the BS I see and just use the point calculator to keep me on track. If I get bogged down in the details it makes me grumpy.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the fall weather and saying my mantra to myself a lot!

What program are you guys using?? I see a lot of people here using MyFitDay. Is that a free service or is there a charge?

Last edited by ggmugsy; 10-12-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typos!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #30  
empty nester

Default I hate my scale!

I know I shouldn't weigh every day, (I only post my weight on Tuesdays) I can't help it. I feel if I don't I will spiral out of control, but right now it's making me nuts! I feel like I'm eating ok, drinking lots of water, exercising-ugh! I hope it all adds up by Tuesday. I sure don't want to move my ticker back up.

I hear ya about the scams out there. I have spent many monies on them. I heard about this one I haven't really tried yet. it's called " The eat less, move more program" Ya think it really works??

Nighty-night girls