3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   40-Something Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/119813-40-something-chat-thread.html)

Janny O 08-07-2007 03:17 PM

Hiya Karen,
Welcome to our little slice of heaven! Wow-no air conditioning? You are brave. I couldn't do it (we'd really die).
Good luck to you-keep those fans on high!
-Jan

feelingroovy 08-07-2007 03:40 PM

Hi. I've never posted in this forum before. I've been around, on and off, but never gave an official introduction here at 3FC. I'm a 44 year young SAHM with two children, ages 5 and 3. I got married and had children late in life but have no regrets. I got everything out of my system before settling down (heh). :crazy:

My weight has been up and down since I had my children. My highest was with my first. I gained 60 pounds and hit 209. I gained 40 with my second. I've worked very hard (both times) to bring it back down and succeeded both times. It wasn't easy but my strong will to lose and consistency was key! I gained 15 back last winter and started working out again in June. It has taken me 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds and 4 inches. The process is slow but I'm determined to get my old body back and keep it that way.

We're going to the beach the last two weeks of August. I hope to be feeling pretty good about myself by the time we get there. I'm already feeling better knowing that I'm getting more in shape and doing something good for myself....being healthy! It's nice to meet you all.

Slashnl 08-07-2007 03:48 PM

Oh boy! Good to see everyone posting.

Hope: love the idea that you gave on microwaving the zucchini and other yummies. That's so great!

Welcome to all those new to the thread! Looking forward to some great conversations!

I'm trying to get out of my summer time funk of not losing weight. I get kind of lazy when it gets hot. Also, with the kids off from school, it just seems chaotic. I only have 2, but it still seems chaotic. Of course, that could be because they think it is my only goal in life to make sure they are enjoying their summer and doing what they want to do. Silly kids. Anyway, I'm working my way back to the great routine I had before summer. I'm back on track with food, but exercise is just not making it on the schedule as much as it should. That's my goal, to get back to pre-summer effort!

Clydegirl 08-07-2007 04:32 PM

I never thought you could microwave those ziplock bags. Sounds good Hope.

I just said to my hubbie I would die without air conditioning. We are having temps in the 100's all week and it is just awful. So I really feel for you with no A.C.

hopingtobehopeful 08-07-2007 04:40 PM

Gotta poke a couple of holes in them to vent steam.

I'm a convenience shopper and have been all over the brocolli you microwave in the bag. But, they're expensive. So one day, I cut up some brocolli, ran it under the sink and shook it off, put it in the zip-lock, zip-zip, lay it on it's side, poke a couple holes, zap for 3.5 minutes and BON APETIT!

Slashnl 08-07-2007 07:58 PM

That really is a good idea, Hope. I'll bet you could do a lot of veggies that way, just to make it quick and easy. Oh... and cheaper!

srmb60 08-08-2007 12:13 AM

You'd think you'd be saving some of the vitamins and minerals that usually cook away into the water or steam too. Good idea!

It's awfully nice to see all these folks here, yes?

While I'm still within my weight range (that's a month at maintenance) I've been eating pretty poorly. Complacency? I'm not sure.

Pita09 08-08-2007 08:18 AM

Good morning :wave:

Good idea about making your own microwave veggies! I will have to give that a try.

I'm so frustrated this week. I was slightly off plan this last weekend. I ate stuff I shouldn't (but didn't go over my calories), I didn't exercise, and I hardly drank water. I went right back on plan Monday and have done great. My calories are under 1500, I have exercised hard, and I've been drinking over a gallon of water. Still my weight is up 4 pounds!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm also ovulating this week. I know I gain weigh during TOM, but now I'm wondering if I gain during ovulation as well. I asked another woman here and she said she also gains and is very hungry during ovulation. Does that happen to any of you as well?

I have weigh-in at TOPS on Thursday and I REALLY wanted to have a loss....NOT a gain!!:(

jaxjob 08-08-2007 08:24 AM

Hi all,

I'm 40 too and have seen some of you on the Canadian chicks thread but thought I'd leap in here too.

Pita - I have slow weeks related to ovulation too, as well as AF. In fact my greatest loss each month seems to be the week when ovulation is over but I'm not into PMS-time yet. Also you said it was hot there? That seems to make me weigh more. Good luck with the weigh-in.

I'm still having a lousy eating week but puppy slept last night (only up twice) so things are better again today. Looks like another hot one though - they promised us rain and cooler this week but it's not having much effect.

Jax :cool:

Pita09 08-08-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxjob (Post 1807642)
I'm still having a lousy eating week but puppy slept last night (only up twice) so things are better again today. Looks like another hot one though - they promised us rain and cooler this week but it's not having much effect.

Thanks Jax. Last week at TOPS some of the women were complaining about that the heat makes them hold on to weight and not lose. I wonder if that can be true. It has been so hot and I've been out in at some point everyday.

Why can't this be as easy as getting fat was?????? :rolleyes:

hopingtobehopeful 08-08-2007 09:24 AM

Pita, I feel your pain! It's taken almost 2 months for me to lose 12 pounds, but it seems like 2 days off plan, I'm up 5. It will come off after a couple days so hang in there. I'll bet your weigh in will at the least be a no-gainer!

Also, as I move up into my 40's, my cycle has changed so much, that I hold onto water weight at the weirdest times. And heat definitely affects me.

SusanB, I never had a chance to tell you how much I loved your latest "new you" picture! You look so joyous and free. A real inspiration!

As for me, I am not able to do any exercise for one more week because of my surgery. And I miss it! What a strange thing for me to say! So, I'm staying extra close to my plan so that I won't gain anything!

Have a great day everyone! :hug: Hope

Slashnl 08-08-2007 10:54 AM

So, Jax, what kind of puppy do you have? How fun! Well... having the puppy is fun, not getting up overnight!

Pita, I really think that the hot weather makes you hold onto water more than normal. I have no proof of that, but I have felt that my rings are tighter on the really hot days, so I think that it is the case. I feel your pain, though. You barely get off plan and the weight just piles back on. I hate that!! It should be much easier to lose weight!! ha!

Susan, could it just be the lazy days of summer? I think that I have lost a lot of my drive in this heat!

feelingroovy 08-08-2007 11:08 AM

ITA, I don't feel like working out when it's so hot outside! I thought it was just me.

srmb60 08-08-2007 11:22 AM

Thanks Hope!

I do think the heat saps your energy.

annie175 08-08-2007 11:30 AM

Hi all,

I would like to join in if it is ok with you all. I just turned 47, single mom of two, 18 & 21, but they live at home and go to work and school.

It is hotter than blazes here in Indy also. The humidity is 100%. Supposed to be 97-100 degrees today. YUCK!! You need scissors to walk outside thru it all. Just awful. Don't want to do anything at home after work cause of the heat.

Have a great day all.

Annie