3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Five Day 40-something Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/116346-five-day-40-something-challenge.html)

Slashnl 07-03-2007 08:42 AM

Housework beats out working out? I guess it is the lesser of two evils!
Thanks for starting the thread. It makes you take a hard look at what you do over the weekend!

iminhere 07-03-2007 11:59 AM

well..I did pretty well for the 5 days as did ALL of us!!

YAY!!!

I learned a few things too...

I look forward to the next one !!!

Steelslady 07-03-2007 12:36 PM

Hey, we need to keep this going for another five days. It's been working- I have the sore muscles to prove it. :rofl:

When do we start again? :D

hopingtobehopeful 07-03-2007 12:47 PM

Hi ladies, this was Great! Thanks, Cammie for starting it.

I learned that:

1. Just because it's a weekend, I can eat sensibly.
2. Walking 3 miles a day will NOT kill me.
3. It's easier when I know others are out there!

Looking forward to this week's challenge!

I LOST 2 POUNDS! :carrot:

Steelslady 07-03-2007 01:18 PM

Congratulations on the loss, hopingtobehopeful! We can and WILL do it! :carrot:

Slashnl 07-03-2007 02:36 PM

So, Cammie is going with Thursday (I think?), so should we start a new thread on that day or just keep this one going?

iminhere 07-04-2007 12:57 AM

:goodscale

hey...

:dancer:

guess what....

I lost 2 pounds tooooooo...!

OH yea.....

srmb60 07-04-2007 05:27 AM

Thursday? I can do that.

Good work everyone!

Slashnl 07-04-2007 09:36 AM

Laura!!! 2 pounds is great!
Congrats!!!!

hopingtobehopeful 07-05-2007 09:36 AM

Thursday, Jul 5

Hooray for us! :D

Are we on again today! I'm in! :carrot:

iminhere 07-05-2007 01:28 PM

I am in too....should we use the same thread? or start a new one???

CAMMIE!!!!!!!????????

ShyCammie 07-05-2007 01:36 PM

Let's do it again!

Hey everybody,
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is fantastic news!
Let's use this thread for now. If it becomes a tradition, we can start a new thread next month.
I didn't do horrible yesterday, but I've found it's hard to journal (or type) with a 2 yr old...;)
Plus yesterday I got back on the bike...it was 15 mins out over 20 coming back (against the wind)...daughter was like, "Ok, mommy, can we go swimming now?" :D
I'm doing great today. Got exercise done, (*cross trainer) and am headed out to an appointment and grocery shopping. Will bike tonight (I hope).
I'm still stoked about this 5 day challenge...(that's funny because I'm not usually stoked about something like this for any time longer than a few days).
Gotta run, will check in tomorrow.
Cammie

christabell3 07-05-2007 01:38 PM

I have the weighted hula hoop it's fun, but the first few times I was black and blue around the waist looked like I'd been beat. So wear a couple of shirts. good luck and I'm in on the 5 day also

Steelslady 07-05-2007 11:45 PM

Laura- way to go!!!! :carrot:

Today, I went for a bike ride with my younger two kids. I had to stop, though, as I didn't realize my brakes were gone on the bike, and of course, a car was coming at the same time a giant hill was just below us.....thank goodness I was able to pull over just in time and drag my foot to slow the bike down.

Also, I did hula hooping for a bit today- got to keep it up for 11 seconds straight a few times. :rofl:. I also went around the cove on my boogie board, kicking my legs around the lake, but it was so cold, I got out after 15 minutes.

In spite of my exercise "problems" (no brakes on bike, too cold to swim for too long) I got some exercise in, that's all that matters. :D I'm trying to use the outdoors as much as I can for now, so that my body gets used to different exercises, and changes my routine around so that I don't get bored using indoor exercise tapes and equipment.

I love this challenge- it keeps me honest! :carrot:

iminhere 07-06-2007 12:28 AM

those weighted hula hoops are killers!