Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP WEEKEND CHAT - Fri, Aug 19 - Sun, Aug 21

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning IPers. Off work today. Taking the kids to the Mall of America for one last shopping burst before school begins. Not packing much for the trip, just planning to find veggies on the run. Should be no problem in the metro area. Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Jo
Old 08-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone. More school shopping this week-end, its a never ending chores with 4 kids, lol.

So this week its pretty much shot...not only is the scale not moving, i'm up 1lb this morning, what gives....i follow the protocole to a T, no restricted, 120+oz water a day, eat salad twice a day...don't know what is going on But i'll just keep on going and eventually its going to budge (right???).
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Good Morning IPers. Off work today. Taking the kids to the Mall of America for one last shopping burst before school begins. Not packing much for the trip, just planning to find veggies on the run. Should be no problem in the metro area. Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Jo
Love the MOA but the last time I was there it was strictly for the Aquarium and the rides. It was on my birthday in April and there was no way I was shopping at the weight I was at. I may have to make another bday trip next year and actually do some shopping this time!

Good luck with the school shopping.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I'm really excited to get started with IP today! Just had the peach / mango drink for breakfast and it wasn't bad at all. Posted this in the intro section as well, but just for easier reference:

Hi! I'm Michelle, I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids 1 & 3 and wife of 6 years to a wonderful husband. I just found IP when my local clinic issued a Groupon for it and I'm really excited to get started! I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight. I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.

I can't wait to dive right in!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #6  

Great morning in my house today! I was down 1.4 this morning. I haven't seen this number in who knows how long. (At least a couple years and even then it was very brief.)

I don't know if the massive amounts of senokot finally worked or what but I was finally able to go last night. I think that may have contributed to the loss. I was also in the bathroom more than normal all day and night peeing and I thought to myself, "is this what they talk about when the woosh fairy visits?" I am used to the large quantity of water I drink so I don't normally make that many trips to the bathroom so it was weird.

Tomorrow is fun day for my hubby and I so I'm super excited! We are going mini golfing and to an outdoor concert. I am switching meals tomorrow so I can throw a shake and some veggies in my purse for dinner. The concert goes 4-11 so I will take a bar also. I normally spend the weekends home while my hubby works so this is my first time away from the girls in a couple months. (Besides work.)

I will do my best to eat this weekend. I know I struggle so it's something I will be working on.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning! I'm really excited to get started with IP today! Just had the peach / mango drink for breakfast and it wasn't bad at all. Posted this in the intro section as well, but just for easier reference:

Hi! I'm Michelle, I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids 1 & 3 and wife of 6 years to a wonderful husband. I just found IP when my local clinic issued a Groupon for it and I'm really excited to get started! I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight. I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.

Welcome! You will love the results as long as you stay on plan 100%!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #8  

Quote:

Hi! I'm Michelle, I'm a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids 1 & 3 and wife of 6 years to a wonderful husband. I just found IP when my local clinic issued a Groupon for it and I'm really excited to get started! I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how ". I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.

Welcome Navy Mommy! That quote from Dr. Tran resonated with me too when I was checking out IP, "a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight " Something just clicked and it made sense to me! Good luck on your journey. My goal is to lose 53 pounds, I am over halfway there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Great morning in my house today! I was down 1.4 this morning. I haven't seen this number in who knows how long. (At least a couple years and even then it was very brief.)

I don't know if the massive amounts of senokot finally worked or what but I was finally able to go last night. I think that may have contributed to the loss. I was also in the bathroom more than normal all day and night peeing and I thought to myself, "is this what they talk about when the woosh fairy visits?" I am used to the large quantity of water I drink so I don't normally make that many trips to the bathroom so it was weird.

Tomorrow is fun day for my hubby and I so I'm super excited! We are going mini golfing and to an outdoor concert. I am switching meals tomorrow so I can throw a shake and some veggies in my purse for dinner. The concert goes 4-11 so I will take a bar also. I normally spend the weekends home while my hubby works so this is my first time away from the girls in a couple months. (Besides work.)

I will do my best to eat this weekend. I know I struggle so it's something I will be working on.
Have fun this weekend and really try to eat! It sounds like you have a great plan!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome NavyMommy! That's great you found this site at the beginning. The support is wonderful when no one else in your life will understand what you're going through.

Busymom - I haven't lost this week either and am frustrated too. I'm following the rules too and don't know what the problem is. Maybe TOM, which I haven't had in 3 years until I started this diet 7 weeks ago and here it is this morning.

Heading out to the coast (Washington) camping for the weekend. I have shakes, veggies, salad and bars packed. I will not let vacation derail me!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I think the thing that resonated with me the most was when I read about how a balanced diet is just supposed to keep you in balance, not help you lose (or gain) weight. I have between 50 and 75 lbs to lose. I've been overweight my whole life so I'm not exactly sure where I want to be.
I was where you are now. At my heaviest, I weighed 218. I was 204.5 when I started IP in February. I now weigh 149...

The same thing resonated with me. I have changed my life, and I have now changed the way that my whole family eats. I used to have borderline high blood pressure and cholesterol, and now my numbers are stellar. This program works.

I am so happy for you that you found the program. Stick to it 100% and you will see results. It's strict, but easy... That's my best advice. Strict = follow the one-page handout and don't tweak things around the edges. Easy = they have done all the thinking. Don't worry about counting carbs or calories. Just measure your veggies and meat when you start.

Also, read all the stickies thread (above the daily thread on the IP landing page). There is a wealth of information there. And, welcome!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #11  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning everyone and what a great day! As I end my 11th week of IP, I have now said bye-bye to 39 pounds....I saw 201 on the scale this AM. I am so darn happy I can't stand it. This is the last time in my life that a 200 will ever be associated with my weight. Onederland is two steps away and I can see it.....its no longer hiding from me. And the cute Liz Claiborne size-to-small shorts that I bought several weeks back for dirt cheap are now being comfortably worn on my ever-shrinking, ever-toned new body.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who struggle. There are several pieces of advice I would love to offer. (1) eat the required foods. Sometimes it hard but DO IT. Your body needs the fuel to make this process work (2) talk to your coaches about what you are eating and how much. I found out I needed an extra boost of protein every day to keep ME out of starvation mode and (3) Stop stressing. Live your life everyday, stay OP, be happy and express your gratitude daily. If something doesn't feel right, go see your doctor. Trust your instincts. (4) Stop comparing yourself to anyone on these boards. You are not them and they are not you. Love yourself (and your body) and it WILL love you back.

I wish I would be able to shout it to the world when I see onederland, but other than my doctor and my coach, my 3FC family are the only ones who know how much I weigh. So please bear with me when it comes time for me to toot my horn........

Enjoy the heck out of this fine day!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Good morning everyone and what a great day! As I end my 11th week of IP, I have now said bye-bye to 39 pounds....I saw 201 on the scale this AM. I am so darn happy I can't stand it. This is the last time in my life that a 200 will ever be associated with my weight. Onederland is two steps away and I can see it.....its no longer hiding from me. And the cute Liz Claiborne size-to-small shorts that I bought several weeks back for dirt cheap are now being comfortably worn on my ever-shrinking, ever-toned new body.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who struggle. There are several pieces of advice I would love to offer. (1) eat the required foods. Sometimes it hard but DO IT. Your body needs the fuel to make this process work (2) talk to your coaches about what you are eating and how much. I found out I needed an extra boost of protein every day to keep ME out of starvation mode and (3) Stop stressing. Live your life everyday, stay OP, be happy and express your gratitude daily. If something doesn't feel right, go see your doctor. Trust your instincts. (4) Stop comparing yourself to anyone on these boards. You are not them and they are not you. Love yourself (and your body) and it WILL love you back.

I wish I would be able to shout it to the world when I see onederland, but other than my doctor and my coach, my 3FC family are the only ones who know how much I weigh. So please bear with me when it comes time for me to toot my horn........

I will definitely join in your celebration when you hit ONEDERLAND!! Toot, toot!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post

Onderland is sooooo close! Good for you!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning everyone.

Wow, I think I have not been here for about a week now. I have been busy preparing for our two weeks trip.

So I had my third weigh in this Wednesday and I lost 2 pounds even, bring my total to little over 10 pounds. This week I was also measured since starting and I have lost 8.5 inches in which almost 2 inches comes from my waist. I am so excited.

I am so glad that I have started IP. Four weeks ago when I was trying to decide whether to start IP or wait and start after the Labor Day because of our vacation, I am so glad I started. I have not only lost 10 pounds but my mindset is so different. Also this week when I was packing for our vacation all my summer dresses were fitting me. I don’t think it would have fit me comfortably 10 pounds a go.

showgirlaz I have read a lot of your old messages and learn so much from you. I am so excited that you active in the forum again. I find your posts not only informative, but also very encouraging and supportive. Hopefully we can ride to our goals together.

I am not a Statistician, but I have used simple statistical analysis in my work. So Bellamack when you eliminate your first week from your average loss then you have to also eliminate your lowest. From what I understand Satiations don't consider the outliers in their computation of the average. Basically any data points that are too far from the majority of the data points are eliminated before computing the average. Your losses are W1 -6.2, W2 -1.6, W3 -3.6, W4 +0.2, W5 -2.2, W6 -2.2, so from statistical point of view -6.2 and +0.2 are outliers, thus you are left with -1.6,-3.6,-2.2,-2.2 which averages to -2.4 pounds loss. Which is real great. Congratulations. Also I have read in numerous places that one should not expect to lose more than 2% of their body weight per week, basically losing between 1%-2% of your weight is healthy. Thus for your current weight you should expect to lose between 1.84 pounds and 3.68 pounds. You are actually right in the middle so you are losing very healthy and on your way to reaching your goal.

ItsAboutTime congratulations on losing 1.4 pounds. Way to go.

NavyMommy welcome, glad you joined us.

gettinmygrooveback CONGRATULATIONS. Wow, you are an inspirations.

Have a great weekend everyone. Have a successfully two weeks. I shall talk to you all after the Labor Day.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

WI #7 -0.4 lbs

7 weeks 100% on plan!

Jimmy Buffet tribute band tonight with friends
Closed Thread