General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #1  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

Question Dieting mom!!!

I am a stay at home mom of 2 very busy kids. They are 5 & 6. I have been eating healthy and now juicing. I have to feed them. But it is so hard to cut their meat and scoop their rice! It actually crossed my mind to just lick their steak I cooked. I didn't do it ause frankly that's gross. But it is soooo hard.
How do you other moms handle feeding the family on a diet? Do you make them eat healthy also.
I have been serving more fresh for the family. Yet I feel they are already thin so I can't take away snack and treats.
I also have a husband who can eat whatever and fights to keep his weight fromd ropping to low.

What's your secret to success and what are your challenges of being a mom on a diet?
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #2  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like our family is similar. My dh is 135 on a heavy day. He dropped to 132 and started freaking out (he is 5'8" btw). But since I cook the meals, the family eats what I do. Lots of chicken, ground turkey, fish, fruits and veggies. They enjoy all the meals, they don't see it as having to eat mom's diet food. DH will add to his if he feels the need. He doesn't ask me to fix him something else, nor do I feel obliged to. As for treats, we don't have them in the form of cake, ice cream, cookies, chips, etc anymore. Now a treat is some fruit, or a small glass of fruit juice, or yogurt, etc.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Sounds to me like your plan may be too restrictive. Are you eating enough?
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Snacks and treats should still be healthy for the most part even for thin kids. Nobody NEEDS sugary junk. Just give them larger portions and some good sustaining between meal snacks.

They should get the same meal you cook for yourself maybe with a little extras (Steak and veggies for you, maybe steak, veggies and potato for them. etc. adjust as needed depending on what you are restricting)
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I agree...sounds like you may be restricting too much. Remember, for successful weight loss, you have to make sustainable changes in your lifestyle. You won't be able to stick with this in the long run if you're already contemplating licking steaks!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5'0"

My family basically eats the same things I do, except I will make a little extra for them or just skip it myself. If I'm cutting out carbs for my last meal of the day, for example, I'll make rice with dinner but I won't eat it myself. If my toddler and I are eating lunch, I'll make her a tuna salad sandwich and apple slices, but will just eat my tuna plain with the apple.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote