Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:26 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #336

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Time to start a new thread. Hope everyone is having a nice evening ~ I am just relaxing before company comes for the evening. I think I just heard a car drive up so I had better skeddale. Talk to ya'll later.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:17 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Unhappy Weighday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Once again I just can't seem to get a grip. This week has been a horrible example of being OP and I have kinda figured what is up with me. I got so used to weighing in the moring on weigh day and here I have to weigh in in the evening. Even if that isn't the problem ~ which it probably isn't ~ I am going to change meeting places. I have tried and tried to enjoy the meetings here but this leader is bonkers. Don't get me wrong she is probably a very nice person but she is NOT leader material. I can't blame my bad program on her but I do NEED a leader that in inspirational and can better present the material. I am not one that can just go weigh in and leave ~ I know I need the group therapy. I am just not getting that here and know enough that I had better do something about it before I really get discouraged and then am in big trouble. So, beginning in July I am going down the road to a different meeting place.

I made the best smoothies for breakfast. I used peach nectar and plain yogurt and frozen peaches with a tad bit of almond flavoring and some splenda ~ all in the blender with ice cubes. Yum! And low in points.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:31 PM   #3  

Sounds yummy Maggie!

Well, I survived the new hair stylist even though the person they booked me with was on VACATION! They had a black lady cut my hair and I was a little nervous about it because I didn't know if she had a lot of experience cutting white hair or not, but she did a fabulous job!

I ran non stop today with hair and nails and dry cleaning and stuff for the boy's bday. I still have a bunch to do after dinner tonight let alone try and get into the pool this evening.

Dh just got out of the shower so I am going to go.

Faye
Old 06-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Cool Weigh Day Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It is really time for me to stop the insanity and get down to serious business. I showed a bit of a gain this day and that is two weeks in a row and that is not acceptable but not unexpected. So what am I going to do about it? My plan of drinking water, staying within my points and writing what I bite, starting an exercise program and changing meeting times and places. Next week at this time I will be reporting a nice loss.

FAYE all that running today should rack up exercise points for you! Have fun this evening.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:03 AM   #5  

Maggie: I seriously apologize to you. I posted yesterday all about ME and didn't talk about you! I am really sorry. I think you are right on to move to a different meeting. If you really get what you need at the meeting part, you should have one that gives you something back or it is a waste of time and money. We all have rotten slumps where we eat badly. Don't beat yourself up. Look at what is making you eat too much or the wrong thing. Something is triggering you. Then go after it!

I did find some shoes yesterday. Made me mad that Payless was advertising all these cute sandals but the stores weren't carrying them in the larger sizes. I ended up getting some another place and had to pay more. They look nice though and are really comfortable.

I guess the downstairs is gonna get cleaned later this am. I have not had the time to get to it yet.

I was also able to get in my pool time last night. It was kind of nice to workout in warmer weather, but I was pretty tired afterwards, which I am not first thing in the morning. I am more refreshed by it.

Well, I should go back to bed I guess.

Faye
Old 06-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking FRIDAY already

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I made a delicious berry smoothie for breakfast and believe me it is one of my very most favorites. By the time I do that it is time for Cowboy to come in for a break and so I make enough for two and we get to sit and chat awhile as we sip them. He gets up so much earlier than me and then he likes to get his outside work done while he still has shade. Life is good. I am going to do this program! Tonight we are having that party and I have it planed what I will eat. If I have a plan it is something I can stick to. I am determined.

FAYE not to worry I did't trip. I am so glad you found some sandals that fit and are comfortable. Those of us with bigger feet do have to end up paying more it seems. Your outfit will look stunning! I can understand why your exercise in the pool would be more refreshing done in the morning as apposed to the evening when it is warmer. You are doing so well in that department. I am actually going to start a walking program the first part of July.

Have a wonderful Friday, Magnolias, and your weekend is fast aproaching.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:51 PM   #7  

Hi Flowers,

I apologize for being such a slug! The weather has been so awful, I just haven't felt like doing anything. My "summer sisters" are here for camp, so that's been keeping me busy, and Miss Annie has really kept us going! St. Jimmy has been so protective of her around other dogs....it's really neat to watch. She's spending the weekend with friends, as DS is off to Louisville for a Drum Corps show, and I leave at 7AM for Maine Finally!! Just checked weather underground, and it looks like it will be clear and in the 70s to low 80s all next week.......thank you Lord We've had so much rain, we've been under a flood watch for over a week........we've had 4 days without rain in the entire month of June The good news is, the little girls who have been Minicampers this week have had a blast, mud and all. The gal who has run it is a former camper and counselor, whom I absolutely adore. She was **** on wheels as a camper, but as an adult has learned to channel all that energy into lots of creative leadership. She now has a PhD in Early Childhood Ed. and does Curriculum seminars all over the country. We are so lucky to have her.

Well, I'm packed, even loaded the stuff in my friend's car I've taken all my fleeces, and now wonder if I got carried away. Oh well, I'd rather be too warm than cold.

Youall have a good week. The state WW meeting went well, and they're coming out with some new stuff in a few weeks which has been successful for those who are on it.

Maggie, I know what you mean about poor leaders! The ones who were here before my friend took over were awful! Dressed in holey T shirts, and brought along their squawling kids......it was the most disorganized mess I've ever seen. Needless to say, no one stayed for the meetings.

Youall stay happy and healthy and I'll try to catch up with you around July 4.

Fondly,
Bubs
Old 06-21-2003, 03:47 AM   #8  
Thin Within

Red face Saturday morning already....

GOOD NIGHT MAGNOLIAS

I am one tired camper and just wanted to come say goodnight to you my friends. The party went well and everyone had a great time laughing and having fun. I stayed OP also.

BUBBLES we used to go to those drum and bugel shows and really enjoyed them. I know your son will be having a good time. Well I think it is best to over pack then under pack. You will be prepared for what weather comes your way. Enjoy yourself and stay out of trouble.

Nighters everyone. I am headed to bed.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:15 AM   #9  

Bubs: You have a fun time! Hope you stay warm ! Me, I'd probably roast like a Christmas goose with what you're taking. I am the opposite, I would rather be cold than too hot.

Maggie: You go girl! You are gonna get back up on the horse and finish the race! You just had a moment of sluggishness coming out of the gate!

I cannot imagine going to a meeting and having to look at some unkempt slob and try and hear over their brats. How rude! Takes all kinds I guess.

I have finished the last of my "Wedding" shopping. Finally found earrings and nail polish. (I am truly obsessive. Everything has to match including the nail polish!) I ended up with dangly earrings, which will probably drive me bonkers as I don't really wear them, but they will look good with the outfit. I bought a nice dark brown nail polish for my fingers and toes, but when it comes to polishing my toes, dh may have to help! I want them to look nice not like my grandson did them! I also picked up some exfoliant and a good self tanner so I could "tan" my legs just a bit since I am not wearing hose.

I did the neatest thing for my friend and her fiance for a wedding present. I may have already told you, so hang on if I did. I am big time into photo scrapbooking and thought it would be a nice gift for a couple who have everything else. I bought an album that was generic not white as I want it to be for their life together not a wedding album as such. I bought supplies to decorate a few pages and went to work last night. We are going to take pics with our digital at the wedding and try and get them one hour developed/printed at Walmart there in South Bend (at least they have them in our stores here for digital cameras). I used a beautiful wedding embossed paper for the first page and then using sticker letters put "Our Wedding Day Memories" down the sides of the paper. On the paper I wrote things like, "my matron of honor, my best man, special guests, vocalists, etc. that she can then fill in. The second page has these beautiful stickers that say Our Wedding Day on it and I used a gorgous sheet of this bluish paper that is kind of featherlike (don't know it's proper name), rounded the corners to look like a picture frame and then will put a photo of the 2 of them together onto the blue paper. The last page I used these cool new stickers that are like little replicas of the cake and doves and ribbons etc made out of actual ribbon, beads etc and put Wedding Happenings on the top of that page and will fill in with guests pictures etc. They can then add to it and have the rest of the album for family gatherings, births etc with their new combined family. I just figured with this being her 3rd marriage and his second they might not have actual "wedding pictures" and you know how if goes if you take regular pictures. They end up in a box somewhere.

Well, ladies, you have a spectacular weekend. We have sunny skies until at least Tues so I am thrilled about that!

Faye
Old 06-23-2003, 01:01 AM   #10  

Good Evening!
I am finally taking the time to check in even though it is well past my bedtime! We spent the day with our kids today; the car didn't even have time to cool off.

After being gone for a week the laundry, newspapers, and mail were piled high. We had a great week but it is good to be home again. I did miss my bed! : I just finished reading all of the posts and think I am caught up once again.

Gloria -- I'm glad you were able to get your tooth fixed! $2000 is alot to invest but I would probably do it. Minnesota is a pretty state and so is Wisconsin if you are going to drive to the birthday party. Wish we lived a bit closer and I would meet you at the mall.

Bubbles -- Enjoy your sailing trip! I always seem to overpack and every year DH tries to talk me out of taking so much. This year I didn't pack as much warm clothing and figured I would go shopping if I needed to. I saw a news video on the TV, about the VA floods, while we were gone. I hope none were close to you.

"Gma" -- Your coming to the wedding will be the best gift you can give your friend but the photo book sounds like a neat idea. Thank you for sharing T's picture -- I bet you looked pretty spiffy for his party!

Maggie -- Thanks for all the emails while I was gone. By changing my address I didn't come home to 300+ like I did last year. I must not be on every promotion/advertising list anymore . . . good ridance! You are really having the HOT temperatures! It was humid enough to run the air today but otherwise, so far, it hasn't been terribly hot here. You are lucky that you can choose another WW meeting to go to. The nearest one to me would be Spencer and that's a good 45 minutes away. It wouldn't be bad in nice weather but I wouldn't like the "dark" at 5 PM months. Every meeting I've ever heard about meets at 5 or later. You will get your FOCUS back and be in control soon.

I am heading off to bed. Have a marvelous Monday -- it is the start of a new week!

Jean -- in Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 06-23-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #11  

Angry

Happy Monday, Flowers!
I'm taking a break from laundry and cleaning a major dusting of this house. When they tiled DH's shower, I think they must have done all of the sawing in the house. Actually, the garage was covered with the dust also. The shower is done and looks great!

Hope you all are having a great day!

Jean -- from Iowa where it is 87 degrees and humid outside!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:03 PM   #12  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN Welcome back!!! Glad you had a good time. It is nice to be home except for all that dust WOW! But, on the other hand, it is nice to have the bathroom done. Enjoy it and soon you won't remember how it was before and during.....

MAGGIE I'll bet as soon as you get back to weighing in the AM you will be on a downward trend. While I was in WW I always tried to get an AM meeting.

FAYE That wedding present sounds wonderful. Not only will the Bride be surprised by your being there but I am sure she will love your gift!

BUBS I know you won't see this til you get back but I do hope you have a marvelous time. This week we are supposed to be having better weather and actually some hot days. Enjoy!!!

Not much going on in my corner of the world...just watching the hunks putting a new roof on my neighbors house!

Gloria in MA....off to watch some TV
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #13  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's a beautiful morning in my neighborhood although it is already 70 degrees and very humid outside. We got the tail end of the bad "weather " that hit Nebraska last night. First we got 2 3/4" of rain, then the wind hit, thunder, and lightning all night long. I don't see any outside damage, other than leaves on the ground, so I'm hoping that the rest of our area was as lucky.

Well, we have two little kittens to add to our outside menagerie. And wouldn't you know, they are living in the cat haters' woodpile? The people are gone for the week so I'm hoping she will move them somewhere else. The mother is mostly gray with an orange stripe down her face so we call her Funny Face. One kitten is gray and white which is the color of Romeo, the neighborhood tom, and the other has Siamese markings. DH says FF was a loose woman!

Gloria -- Now we are thinking about replacing our front door and privacy block windows. The windows are separate so would need to do some sheetrock (more dust!) because now the door and windows are one unit. I don't want to give up the windows because of the light factor. We haven't looked at doors other than to admire them on other houses so I have no idea what the cost will be. If we do it, that will be a fall project once the weather cools off.

I have much to do today: more cleaning, more ironing (rewashed everything that was hanging in the basement because of the dust), and a couple of errands.

Hope you all have a great day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #14  

Angry

Good Evening!
It's trying hard to rain again -- we had another night of thunderstorms last night but didn't have any wind damage in our area.

I spent most of today waiting for a return phone call that I made around 9:00 this morning. She finally called at 4 this afternoon -- grrrrr!

The mother cat has moved her kittens under my back steps/deck -- at least they are on our property now.

Not much newsy from my corner of the world. Hope you all had a nice day today and a better one tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:43 AM   #15  
Thin Within

Wink Wednesday Evening

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a busy day around here. I got another glass house made and now can start on my next two. I am making two of each. We had our "foster kids" over for dinner again tonight. The are a couple we call that because they are young enough to be our kids and are over here a lot. Joe made the ribs and garlic bread and I did the easy part of the potatoe wedges (from Schwans) and a green salad. He said that next Tuesday he is making stuffed rock cornish hens. He loves to cook and is really good at it. They invited us ~ already ~ for Thanksgiving and it is their tradition that he does all the cooking. Everything. So that will be easy for us. His wife is an excellent cook also and willingly lets him do the cooking when he takes the notion.

JEAN that is a good thing that mom cat moved her children to a safer "neighborhood" for they may grow to adult hood because of that move. You are the supplier of good mousers for sure. Wish you were closer for I know someone that needs a couple.

Have a wonderful Thursday ladies. OH pain and agony it is my weigh day and I have not been good this week. I am looking forward to getting to weigh in the moring once again and just let this week go the way it wanted to. I didn't really do any ing out or "binge" eating ~ just didn't track it all like I know I should.
Closed Thread