Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:33 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Redy to Try Again.. #353

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

WELCOME

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-20-2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:40 PM   #2  

Okay... decided to start a new thread again since I was #30 on the last one.
Tina.... great minds think alike as they say. LOL No wonder we both posted at the same time.
Sandy.. you are going to have to post now... so you can get your email notice. LOL
Thin... I see your online.. you must be doing that dreaded paperwork.
Love all the rest of you too... but I am going.
I stayed up ALLLLL NIGHT last night and I am tired.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:26 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! I'm playing tonight.

I'm sending you a picture of the sunrise out our hotel room window at Niagara Falls. Hope you like it.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:48 AM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, you all: This is going to seem very one (or two) sided, but I truly don't have the time or energy right now for a long post so only a couple of you are going to get it personalized. It's not that I love any one of you more or less, it's just that I don't have the time or energy right now. Repeat after me: ThinThinker does NOT have the time or energy right now. Thanks.

Maggie: Glad you decided to pop over here and stay awhile. We're always glad to have new friends. Welcome.

Connie: My dad had a massive heart attack at 75 and he had to change everything about the way he ate, and of course, salt intake was a part of it. Here is a recipe for a wonderful salt substitute that he got from the hospital. I still use it because it is so good with anything grilled or baked especially.

Salt Substitute
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
2 teaspoons Ground Oregano
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Dry Mustard Powder
6 Tablespoons Onion Powder
3 Tablespoons Paprika
3 Tablespoons Poultry Seasoning

Mix all ingredients together and put in shaker. Use liberally.
Note: If you have a bulk food store near you, these spices are very inexpensive to put together.

Gotta run. 2Cute is right, I'm a 'showgirl' again this weekend for the movie The Hulk. So you know where I'll be all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

"It is a part of the cure to wish to be cured." - Latin Proverb
Old 06-21-2003, 03:35 AM   #5  
Thin Within

Howdy all, I am one tired camper but thought I would stick my nose in here before going to bed. The party was a great success and we had a wonderful fun time and I did stay OP.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:13 AM   #6  

2Cute: Thanks for reminding me to not just read, to post so I get those notices, you know how dependent I become on them despite all the warnings...

Maggie: I think I said it before, but just to make sure.....welcome to the 300+ thread, these ladies are great!! You will enjoy yourself here. Take your time to learn who everyone is, no one will hold it against you.

Thin: What a pretty pretty picture. What a thing to wake up to everyday. I would be in heaven. Hope the movie (HULK) is good today?

Tina: Sorry dh was being a butthole yesterday, hope today is better. But, did I hear you say he was doing laundry? I don't think mine can run the washing machine. ****, mine dosnt even know how to plug a vaccum cleaner in. But, he is good at being a bear....there are days, man I don't want to say a word to him cause he will bite your head off. I really think you are right, I think they have their period too!!! Hope all else is going well with you.

Amanda: Oh wise woman!!! What great advice you give. We are so lucky to have you here on this thread with us. I liked your revelations too. Your posts are a pleasure to read. And yes, I am working on trying to find something lime green to try....but I don't think I will like it....lol

Dixie: hope you can get your dad on the straight and narrow. When my hubbies bloodpressure was up I switched him to the low sodium salt substitute and we have never gone back. Now I have high blood pressure so this is helping me too.

hey all of you that are meeting in Conn. is it? I was born in Hartford....just wanted to stick that in....it's about 8 hours drive I think something like that from here.

Okay, I got to run....but hugs to each and everyone of you.

Sandy
Old 06-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

HI all have a good day see you all in Chat tonight
Old 06-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Tina- Thompson CT is only about 45 minutes from my parent's house! However, the race is on a Wednesday! What are your travel plans, are you stopping in the Philadelphia area or in New Jersey...we have got to get together...email me and let me know your details and I will round up the other girls in the area so we can meet! I can't believe you are going to be this close to us!

OK you all....as usual we are off and running...I need to find me some good deals at the yard sales like 2Cute always gets!

TTFN I will catch up to you all later!

Michelle
Old 06-21-2003, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Just time for a quick post. We are having a department picnic (bunch of accounting and actuary folks) this afternoon and I'm the main organizer - so I need to be getting ready for that. I'll be glad when its over.

I went to WI this morning. I'm a mixture of disappointed, frustrated, perplexed and okay, lets do better. I was up .2. What's frustrating and perplexing is that my scale at home shows a loss of almost 2 pounds. I thought I had been doing fairly well this past two weeks. But the humidity has popped back up and maybe I haven't gotten enough water in. Who knows, but just goes so show, you need to be ever-vigiliant. Food will not be good tonight but maybe I can make up for it in activity. At any rate, its a refreshed start on Monday morning.

Dog licking - try spraying bitter apple on your hands and let the dog lick it. Then say firmly, NO LICK. If my dog is bugging people with licking and just bugging them in general, I just give them the bottle and all they have to do it point it at Bear and he backs off. Actually, all I have to do is pick up anything that looks like a spray bottle and he backs off.

Maggie - Welcome to the group. We posted together over on the WW 100 threads. Are you still RVing or are you settled somewhere?

Dixie - Your family is still in our prayers. Dealing with elderly parents is hard because they still have a mind of their own but often need to be told what to do too. Its hard on the whole family.

Tina - Bear looked like a little bear cub when we first saw him as a pup. He was only 5 pounds!!! Rottie pups are the cutest, fat fur balls you've ever seen. His registered name is Bulldozin' Baron von Krapes. Plus, when he walks, his butt swings like a Bear. Which could be why he has hip problems already.

Sorry ladies, no time to catch up with everyone. One of these nights I'll make it to chat. Not sure about tonight because the picnic starts at 3 pm.

Take care and keep your focus!! Weekends are the hardest.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:23 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, all! Yes, let me check, it is still morning. #1 son was up at 7:30 showering this morning. I think his clock went a little coo coo. All week long he sleeps until noon and then on Saturday when his dad and I sleep in, he's up and running the shower at 7:30! What's with that????

Anyway, thought I would check in before I start with some errands and then off to the theatre.

"The baby" is coming home today. I went and got most of his stuff on Thursday. Can't remember if I told you that story. If I did, don't read the following. My phone rings at 11:30 to "the baby" asking where I am. I tell him I'm at home and ask him where he is. Well, dang. He never packs his stuff until I get up there, wake him up, and have to waste time watching him pack. Well, Thursday, he's sitting on the picnic table in front of the Fraternity house with all of his stuff packed waiting for me. (Too bad I wasn't coming until FRIDAY!!) So I had to quick and change plans, wake #1 son and we high-tailed it up to Flint to pick up the stuff. KIDS!!!!

Maggie: Glad your party went well. That really sounded like fun.

Sandy: It truly is a lovely sight to look out at the falls....at any time of the day or night.

Mary: I'm going to miss you again in chat! I'll be sitting on a bench in the theatre.

Michelle: I hope you find everything you are looking for at the sales. I usually pick up more junk that I don't know what to do with.

Terri: Funny how those water bottles tend to work well with pets. The squirt bottle works most times with Max, my cat. However, he has decided that he will get damp in order to walk off my front porch to eat the grass! Last night his tail end was soaked he was so bad.

2cute: Don't feel bad, I'm constantly opening a box and finding old magazines and stuff that go back a longgggg ways. I think you're right though, we do need to move every 10 years or so, just to weed out all the junk. I can't imagaine packing all my $hit up to move. YIKES!!! I am such a packrat!

Where are some of our other friends? Lynne - our Aussie friend hasn't been around in awhile. Steph and Duckie and Sarah - all MIA. Come out girls, we miss you.

Some of you girls were just on last thread so I'm not going to pester you all just yet, but the ones I've mentioned have been gone for awhile.

Well, girls, I'm gone. I've got a laundry in that needs to come out. And then I need to run to the bank, fruit market, and several stops for another project I'm working on. See you all later.

"It isn't so astonishing, the number of things that I can remember, as the number of things I can remember that aren't so." - Mark Twain

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-21-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #11  

Talking Hello Ladies

Well, things are going really well right now. I'm glad my hubby is being more supportive every day. I think as he realizes I'm serious and I'm working on staying on track he backs off a little. It is like he has to test my resolve at first. Just the other night we went to the grocery store and he wanted donuts, or cake or something. We compramised-Hostess has new snack cakes out called Lil Angels and they are only 4.5 grams of fat for a pkg. of two. Very lowfat diet friendly. So we both had those. I do try to work some sort of dessert into everyday or else I'll feel deprived. When I had gestational diabetes that was the thing that killed me, not having some sort of sweets. Well today is going to be a busy one, so I'll try to make it to chat but we might still be out and about at that point.

Old 06-21-2003, 11:11 AM   #12  

Good morning chickadees.
Just have a minute to peek in and say good morning.
My oldest daughter is in PARIS but is coming home either tomorrow or Monday. I am using her bed as my collect all so now I MUST get this paper work and junk out of there.
It is sooooo time consuming going through all of it. I am throwing most of it away.... but I have to make sure I keep *important* stuff. I have found some lifetime warranties that just might come in handy someday.
I love you all.... keep on keeping on!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

I thought that I had posted last night.

Then I remembered that I started to and lost it, going back to check the other thread...grrr...then gave up!

I have so much to do today...my SIL is arriving from CA tomorrow. She's coming out for my daughter's graduation Tuesday, and will be staying with us for 10 days. I'm sure I've mentioned that she had had a stroke 3 years ago, and is somewhat limited in the use of her right side, plus she's aphasic...cannot fully verbalize what it is that she wants to say. She's the same age as I am...45. This will be a big treat for her, just getting out of the house and doing something...anything. So we have some fun stuff planned. Graduation Tuesday and out to dinner afterwards...my son's baseball games, (if they ever stop getting rained out) My daughter's show, "Carousel," the track next Sunday, (not THAT kind of track, Tina! Horse racing) Fireworks next weekend. She lives alone, but her parents are nearby...they.ve decided that they are too feeble to travel with her...(they're not, but they like to act like they are) Don't even get me started on them!

Well...looks like Harry Potter just arrived in the mail. We're doing our part to contribute to J.K. Rowlings millions...Dh and my daughter were out at Barnes and Noble at 1:00 this morning to see if the crowds had died down enought to pick up a copy. (Even though he had ordered one on-line) At midnight last night, in the pouring rain, there were people lined up around the store waiting to get their hands on a copy. When they got there, they were able to get right inside, but were stopped because they hadn't pre-ordered there. DH said the book was stacked up everywhere! Some lady took pity on him and sold him one anyway. I told him it must be his animal magnetism. I guess now my son and daughter won't have to fight over who's reading it first. I must say, all four of us have read the other 4 books and enjoyed them, as well as the movies...

Amanda...that was a wonderful analogy about riding the bike...we just have to keep getting back on til we get it right and it's second nature to us!

Terri, don't let that scale bully you! Just keep doing what you know is right! No two scales are going to be the same and your body weight fluctuates during the day. Just keep up the good work...Measure your success by how loose your underwear are getting!

Thin...the picture is lovely...I hope to get there someday! How long of a drive was that for you?

Tina...what route will you guys be traveling? Up I-95? Let me know so I can start figuring out a good place for us to meet! The only day I can't go is the 15th...we tickets to see BRUCE that day!

Connie...I've found that parents are going to do what they are going to do, despite our good intentions for them. You can lead a horse to water...my father had bypass surgery a few years back, his carotids scraped clean of all the plaque that clogged them and aneurysm surgery...do you think he's following a sensible, heart healthy diet? Good luck to you!

Hi Maggie, welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy this bag of mixed nuts...er...personalities!

2cute...so now you'll know what NOT to save once you're in the new house, right? RIGHT????? I do believe it's 7 years on tax returns though...chuck the rest...same for cancelled checks...I should follow my own advice...we must have 20 years worth!

Michelle, how was your visit? Was Cape Cod lovely? Did it rain the whole time? Inquiring minds want to know. Get your butt in here and post, woman!

I know there are more that I want to respond to, but that's how I lost my post last night...so HI and hugs to everyone else and I'll catch you next time!

Have a great day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-21-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:38 PM   #14  

Talking OMG You won't believe this one

Well, TOM finally got here, and I thought since I stepped on the scale last Saturday I would try it again today. (Even though I know on weigh in it will probably read differently than it does today.) So anyway, I got on the scale and you won't believe this it said I lost 10lbs. Yep, that's right. I'm not going to celebrate until Tuesday though. Last week Tuesday weigh in was 2lbs more than it was on Saturday. I couldn't wait before, now I really can't wait until Tuesday gets here. If the scale reads something similar this week it will put me below 340. Woohoo!!! I guess I don't just think Fitday is working, it IS.

Well that is it for now, I just had to share with someone ya know.

Old 06-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up TGIH--Thank God for husbands ?

Dh wanted to apologize for being such a butt yesterday, so you know how he did?

He brought me a plate from Monterrey....a local mexican restaurant.... Chicken nachos... Would you like a discription? Too bad if you said no, cause you're gonna get it anyways. A layer of tortilla chips, smothered in grilled chicken, onions and peppers, covered in that lovely white mexican cheese. Why did he reward me with food? That makes me even madder.

So, can you imagine how GOOD I felt when I told him to take it home with him and let son #1 eat it and I had my Campbells Select chicken and rice soup that I had already brought with me!!!???

Closed Thread