Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Default September 25th Mini Goal

I am setting the mini goal of not eating bread until September 25--that is just a little bit over a month away.

I have learned that bread is a trigger food for me. Last night I ate way too much and have felt sick all day. I think that committing to stay away from bread will help me to stop from binge-ing in general. I think a small goal is the way for now.

I'll let you all know how it goes!
ZumbaCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5"6'

That's a good goal! I will try to do the same Good luck !
Ilovesushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

That could be very interesting! I don't think I could completely give up bread..
The one trigger bread that I DO NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO BUY is good rye bread (the kosher NYC style, with seeds). I just don't buy it because I eat the whole loaf.
I also don't buy crusty Italian bread for the same reason. That said, when I go out for breakfast, I always get rye toast. That is what I limit myself to.
I'm trying to think if there is something else I could give up for a month... hmm..
You gals have fun! Keep it updated, I'd love to see your progress!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Good luck with your challenge! Bread is a binge trigger for me too (carbs in general, actually) and I eliminated 95% of it from my diet and I stopped craving it.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/154/127

Height: 5'3

Post Good luck :0)

Ohhh, this is a good one! I find any form of bread, pastry, or fried food really hard to step away from and especially while in a binge. I limit myself to 2 pieces of 45 calorie bread a day for this heart healhty diet I'm on. Trust me, you appreciate the bread a whole lot more :0)

I'm doing no alcohol for 6 weeks!
meg86 is offline   Reply With Quote