Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Here we go again!

I was doing really well with my weightloss plan until my BF's mother came to visit. Then I totally abandoned everything. She comments on EVERYTHING I do, say, eat, drink you name it she has an opinion and usually a lecture. The BF told her to cool it over and over and she would start up on him. I don't think she took a breath the entire weekend.

I just drank (alcohol) and ate my way through the 4 day trip and am back up to 221 lbs. I figured if I didn't have something nice with a good dose of wine I would throw her off the balconey!

I only have to see her 10 days a year max so I won't have to put up with her again until Christmas day so it is back to counting everything and excersising and repairing the damage I did. Normally when we visit them we stay at a hotel and prepare our own healthy meals and only see them in short bursts but having her at our house was just torture. The BF agreed that she would NOT be visiting us for a long time!
chubbycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #2  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

canuk - I am so sorry to hear of the miserable visit. I also have some in-laws I have to drink when around to keep from lashing out irrationally, lol *I think there are some in every family*. I have found that vodka and cranberry juice to be my best option (cranberry juice is something I should have anyway, and vodka is the lowest in sugars, etc). It doesn't really take me too far off plan, yet relaxes me an amazing amount, LOL! No matter what you do, you are going to hear those comments, so to stay on plan or not is going to be totally your choice.... I am glad to hear you are back on the wagon again... I would just hate to see the progress flushed again when she comes around the holidays. Is there anyway to prep to avoid going off plan?
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/185/160

Height: 5'6

I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

The good sign is that you are staying committed to your plan and getting back on track.

Alcohol bloats you like crazy! Some of that weight will come off quickly once you get back OP. I went away with friends for the weekend, worked out everyday and ate pretty well. The only "bad" thing I did was have 2 drinks each day. After 4 days I was up 4 lbs and looked pregnant I was so bloated. I weighted myself this morning and all 4 lbs are gone :-)

Keep it up! You can do it!
TL0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I am sorry for your weekend, some women are critical of others and bossy and controlling. keep this in mind if you decide to have children with your boyfreind as your post did not mention if you had kids or not. I would have reacted the same way you did for sure. I may have even put one of my anty anxiety meds in her coffee or drink! well maybe not but wanted to.
I avoid controlling women with a passion and can spot them a mile away!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #5  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Is there anyway to prep to avoid going off plan?
Thanks for your post!

When I see her at Christmas there are many people around who are loving and supportive so I can avoid her, we also stay at a hotel so when it gets to much I can physically leave and calm down. Ironically I usually lose weight over christmas because I don't like most of the food our family eats at that time (turkey, brussel sprouts, fruit cake). This was the first time she had stayed longer than a single night.

It was having her stay with us that caused me to go off plan I think, she was just always THERE, there was no escape. Even if I went out on to the balcony she followed. She isn't nasty she just thinks her way is the only way and oh boy she is going to let you know that over and over.

Lesson learned about having her stay with us, next time she will be put up at a hotel so we can get a break. After she left the BF and I cuddled on the couch in total silence for an hour, it was bliss! He also totally overate and drank while she was here. He joked that the only time we got to say something was when her mouth was full LOL!

Im going to use the cranberry and vodka idea for christmas, it would be a lot less calories!
chubbycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbycanuck View Post
Thanks for your post!

When I see her at Christmas there are many people around who are loving and supportive so I can avoid her, we also stay at a hotel so when it gets to much I can physically leave and calm down. Ironically I usually lose weight over christmas because I don't like most of the food our family eats at that time (turkey, brussel sprouts, fruit cake). This was the first time she had stayed longer than a single night.

It was having her stay with us that caused me to go off plan I think, she was just always THERE, there was no escape. Even if I went out on to the balcony she followed. She isn't nasty she just thinks her way is the only way and oh boy she is going to let you know that over and over.

Lesson learned about having her stay with us, next time she will be put up at a hotel so we can get a break. After she left the BF and I cuddled on the couch in total silence for an hour, it was bliss! He also totally overate and drank while she was here. He joked that the only time we got to say something was when her mouth was full LOL!

Im going to use the cranberry and vodka idea for christmas, it would be a lot less calories!
Ohhhh, she's one of "those", LOL!!!! I have SIL similar to that... and knit-picks to death!!!! I am so glad there will be more family and support for y'all at Christmas, it would totally stink to have to be surrounded with no escape at the happy holiday time You are totally welcome for the cranberry and vodka fix It has been my "help buddy" at family functions this year, LOL! I am so glad you and BF got an hour of total silence WITHOUT having to shove food in "someone"'s mouth, LOL... that is so awesome and amazing how much we appreciate those quiet moments after a trying time,
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote