Default New pages weekly chat August 15th - 21st

Morning Gang!

I'm 2 pounds down so its a Happy Monday for me
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Jojo!

So, we have a new week in front of us. I'm looking forward to it and I hope that you all are.

I began my morning with eating a fresh peach and drinking a great cup of coffee. I'm going to spend my day organizing my crafts room and going to the gym. What are you folks doing?
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm up two pounds. I'm off to contemplate.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #4  

Morning chicks. I'm down 2.6. Would have seen a better number, but bought a can of cashews for my hubby and I can't quit eating them. He better hurry home or they will be gone.

Good job jojo.

Rhonda, I got up late this morning. Getting ready for my second cup of coffee.

Vickie, get up, brush off the dust, and move forward.

It's cloudy today, but I'm enjoying these cooler temps. Been a long hot, humid summer. Hopefully my husband will be returning home today.

I'll check back later to see how everyone has done the past week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #5  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid Tejas. This morning we both went into town, got some new light shades ( slivers of white shell and mother of pearl) for the next room we decorate. Then I bought 2 pairs of slippers in a sale. We had a coffee and came home. We had had a late breakfast (meusli, half a bagel with no butter, but a bit of grapefruit marmalade) so lunch was soup and a roll. We were out again this afternoon, going for everything we forgot this morning It is now just gone 4pm and I'm thinking of getting tea underway for 5.30pm. I'm having a 'good for you' pasta bake and Mark is having a steak but NO fries. I have made a fresh fruit salad for afters.
Probably spent this evening, after we have brushed Dolly, watching TV or listening to the radio. Watch a video for an hour or so in bed and then off to the land of nod.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #6  

I am getting a slow lazy start to this week. Slept late and then have been chatting with friends on the phone & drinking coffee. I am picking up my grandson from his first day of school at 2:30 and taking him to get some school clothes. If he doesn't have homework he is going to help me with some mulch & yard work. I'll let him mow the grass with grandpas John Deer, that will thrill him.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm up and brushing. Not moving forward yet but I intend to.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a bad night and I didn't get up until 9:30.TG I made my bank appointment. Cashing out a CD and putting it into another bank.We getting some heavy rain for the next two days,but the crowds are still around.thought they would be gone by now, but the President is going to be here at MV starting Thursday 8/18 so I guess a lot of people will hang around here until He leaves. The ferries to the Vineyard start at Wood Hole. No Peanut butter club for me this week.The video is about the Black Tide Voice of the Gulf.Pt 1 and next week will be part 2.

Going to look over my new cookbooks again and see what meals I will be preparing for this week. The recipes are easy and I have most of the ingredients.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and congrats on your 2 lb loss.

RHONDA-Like I mentioned above,don't like to too to much like the song says "Rainy Day and Mondays get me Down" Always like to rest on Monday and do as little as possible. I had waffles & brown & serve breakfast sausages w) S/F Apple sauce and soy milk in my tea.

VICKIE-Sorry about your gain,but it could be lots of things other than the diet.

PAM-Congrats on your 2.6 loss you doing great for the Christmas Challenge.

NANCY-Looks like a lot of us are on a slow start today. Have to start my dinner as it is 1 PM.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Morning all. Well, its a very exciting day for me catching up with housework. The only downside about black labs is that they shed a lot. We have to hoover every day because of it.

The awfully hot muggy weather ended in rain last night so today is much fresher. Is it just me, or are the nights drawing in?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to be a better day than we had yesterday with a few sprinkles here & there. Have to get to the store to buy some staples that I ran out of. Will try to get down to the beach as see if can walk for a while,not being able to with all the tourist around this past weekend.

JOJO-Here in the states we have a info commercial where you can get a pet blanket that stops all that shedding when it on the sofa or anyplace you want your pet to lay on. I think Harriet Carter.com may have something similar.No its not you the days are getting shorter up here also,and the summer is almost come to a close too.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 08-16-2011 at 09:48 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

I'm sorry I'm having a moan, but if you can't moan to your friends who can you moan to?.

I was asked by the home to call and see my mum this afternoon because she was very upset. She was convinced there was a young girl in her bathroom being kept prisoner by some of the staff and being starved. When I got there, her obs chart was all over the shop... erratic pulse, high B/P, hyperventilating shaking and blue around the mouth. I told her that I had brought the police with me and they were hiding at the front of the home, Mark would keep the 'bad' staff talking and I would sneak the girl out to safety. I put mum to sit in the garden while I 'did the deed'. I gave it a few minutes and took her ino the bathroom to show her all was well again. She calmed right down and was sitting quietly and peacefully when I left her. The senior member of staff asked me where I had learned that skill.... from my mum who used it effectively on many confused patients over the years. Ironic isn't it? And for specially trained staff they don't know much do they? This home is the best in the county with a 5 star excellence rating. God knows what the rest are like
Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. My weight stayed the same this week. I had been off to a good start then fizzled this weekend. Speaking of this weekend, our internet service went down Friday night and "Logan" (isp guy) came out earlier today and got us up and running. I was in withdrawal. Other than that I overheated Saturday while being outside over 4 hours. It was scarey. I didn't feel good till late yesterday. I'm all right (and wiser) now.

JoJo, you are a wise woman. Strong, too. That episode with your mum had to be upsetting for both you and Mark. Sounds like you taught the staff some things, too. Maybe they'll know what to do next time; but I'm with you. They should have already been trained.

Kudos to you for losing those 2 pounds. I like your little Santa markers. Visuals are good boosters. When I lose, I'll copy you. Thank you for the idea. See? You taught this "old dieter" something, too.

Pam, kudos to you for losing over 2 pounds. I'm impressed you have cashews left. They'd be gone around here.

Vickie, I'm dusting, too. I'm even counting today as my day 1 for this week and am wiping Monday out of my mind. Couldn't dust it all off.

Rhonda, a peach sounds juicy. We have plums and, of course, more Ranier cherries.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #13  

hi all. Just realized I didn't make it in here today. Got my hair trimmed this morning.

jojo, glad you were able to bring peace to your mom. Maybe the next time the staff will be able to handle it. Ironic indeed.

Sandra, the cashews are gone. I should know better than to bring them into the house. You should not be out in that heat for 4 hrs. What were you thinking?

Maryann, yes, summer is almost gone. I am looking forward to the cooler weather.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Sandra! 4 hours in the heat. You have gone daft, girl. Stay inside

I've lost a few pounds, finally. Maybe it's the 100 grams of carbs a day.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-16-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #15  

JoJo...good thinking..

Pam..I can't have certain things around because I am helpless around them. Cashews would be one.

Sandra.. 4 hours..I am with Rhonda..Have you gone Daft Glad you are okay.

Maryann..Do you plan your recipes each week.
I need one set day I plan my weeks meals & then shop the next day,
I have never had a routine because every week used to vary so much but it would help me now.

I woke up this morning and my cat had a swollen face and was in a daze & not really responding to me like usual. My vet said they were swamped and i could leave him in a cage to be seen later. Told them it might be time to change vets if they had gotten too busy to see emergencies. Went to my neighbor's clinic (they are both vets). They felt it might have been a spider or bee sting. He seemed better in just 10 minutes after pain meds & a benydryl shot. His temp was 104. He is still not himself but is much better.
I have antibiotics & pain meds to give him & I need to watch his temp. He needs a broken tooth to be surgically removed soon but they are thinking its unrealted to that. My brother is a vet in another state so I may go see him this weekend so he can do the dental surgery which will save me about $500.

I am going to visit my son tomorrow and help him get settled into his college apartment.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote