General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default I couldn't wait!!

My weight loss was stalling, and I thought maybe (uh probably) it was because my motivation was faltering, so I gave myself a challenge to motivate me.

I decided that I wasn't going to allow myself to change my ticker until I got under 300 lbs. After which I would also change my goal (which had been set at 299).

Well, I couldn't wait. I had to open my present early. On Tuesday at my TOPS weigh in, I weighed 301.75. I earned biggest loser for the week (but only because the week before I had had a gain due to restaurant food induced water retention).

I have two milestone goals coming up very close. Breaking 300, and only 6 lbs later having lost 100 lbs.

This has been the slowest weight loss ever, but also the easiest (slow is the price I was willing to pay for easy), but I think I'm ready to speed things up a bit (but I still vow not to let slow results discourage me).

I finally feel like the 100 lbs is well within my grasp. It's been so long since I've weighed less than 300 lbs, that I'm not sure I really believed it could happen. Now it's so close, I can almost taste it.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I've been watching your ticker like a hawk since it hit 304 (feel a bit like a stalker), and I'm so excited to see it just on that edge of 300/299.

I almost wish there could be a way to make a sparkly, blinking thread for when you do leave the 300's forever.

This is thrilling
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

I admit it, I'm really excited for you and I know that you will accomplish it.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #4  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

You are such a wonderful presence on these boards, and I am also very excited for you. Well done, and make sure you let us all know when you hit each of those goals! We're all rooting for you!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, wonderful! I hope you have a good reward planned to commemorate!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

WTG Kaplods you are so close I know you can do it
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

That's fantastic. Really, really wonderful!! So happy for you. Yay!!!

DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #8  
Happy Member

Good for you, Kaplods!! I'm very happy for you.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well...I guess no more Steak and Shake really works (said the man with our inside joke)

X a bazillon
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Well...I guess no more Steak and Shake really works (said the man with our inside joke)

X a bazillon

Ugh, Now I'm craving Chili Mac (with onions, cheese, and extra orange grease, of course).

I've even thought of looking up restaurant clone recipes and trying to "healthify" a clone recipe, but I think that's a lost cause. I can replace the wheat pasta with quinoa pasta, easily enough, but I don't think there's a healthy replacement for the orange beef-fat, and it just wouldn't be chili mac without the fat (and racing to eat it before it solidifies and you realize just how bad it is for you).
Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #11  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Ugh, Now I'm craving Chili Mac (with onions, cheese, and extra orange grease, of course).

I've even thought of looking up restaurant clone recipes and trying to "healthify" a clone recipe, but I think that's a lost cause. I can replace the wheat pasta with quinoa pasta, easily enough, but I don't think there's a healthy replacement for the orange beef-fat, and it just wouldn't be chili mac without the fat (and racing to eat it before it solidifies and you realize just how bad it is for you).
You just have to acquire a taste for the not-as-fat beef. It might not be the same, but after a while, you get used to it. (I'm sure you know all about that though, just preaching to the choir )

Anywhoo...

I love reading your comments on the boards- you are always so thoughtful and honest- and kind! Congrats on your weight loss! You are so close to that milestone. How exciting!

My DH broke the 300 barrier last week (he started at 330). It has been so inspiring watching him work so hard.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

WTG kaplods! You are so close! How exciting!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #13  

Ugh, I'm up a few pounds today. I know it has to be water weight, so I'm trying to talk myself out of feeling discouraged (and mostly succeeding).

I know it's water weight, because I have stayed on plan, and my face, ankles, wrists, and fingers are swollen - for me, that's a dead give away. If I'm up on the scale, but my rings are loose, that's a pretty good clue that it's NOT water retention and could be real weight (or it could also be constipation - sorry TMI).

I was so thirsty that I was guzzling water all day, at least two to three times my normal intake, and yet I didn't seem to be peeing any more often. That should have been a tip-off that I might see a gain, but I didn't expect it.

My face is swollen and puffy (the pollen and allergen count is extremely high, today, so it may be an allergic reaction). I know from experience that the "cure" is more water, watching carbohydrates a little closer and allergy medication. Still, it's a bit annoying to have the weight loss hidden by water retention.

I don't usually change my ticker back when I'm pretty sure it's just water, or a temporary fluctuation, and I'm sure it will be gone in a day or two. It just feels a bit Murphy's Law-ish, to see even a water weight gain after a big loss (even though it happens often enough that I should expect it).

I'm just really hoping it disappears by tomorrow night (my TOPS club weigh-in). I am always embarassed to have a gain the week after a big loss (especially after having won biggest loser contest last week). It's not like everyone in the group doesn't understand, we all always give encouragement to people who experience a gain after a big loss. Fluctuations happen, I just wish the timing of this one was better.

But on the bright side, I'm not discouraged or upset by the situation. I wasn't tempted to give up or indulge in a consolation binge.

I'm anxious to get far enough under 300 that even water retention won't pull me back across that line (I figure another 15 pounds from now, since I can gain up to 10 lbs during TOM).
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Way to go, kaplods. You're doing wonderfully. Your weight loss thus far is really inspiring, and I am convinced that you can achieve the weight loss. Don't feel bad for the water retention! It's not what I consider actual weight anyway, and it will go away in due time! Seriously, wonderful job.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

Woot Woot Great job!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote