General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default Re: Boobs/bodyfat/size. Only with a male twist

I was reading the thread on the feeling good topic about loving big boobs when you've got more body fat, and fearing the size will deminish with weight loss. It got me to remember something I used to say.

If male's "appendage" got bigger the fatter they got, how many more men would be obese?

It was meant to be funny, and to me, the thought of it still makes me chuckle.

But the fact that women may use the fear of boob size reduction as a reason to not want to get fit is not funny to me.

Is it just me? What's wrong with this picture??
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Depends on if your man is a boob guy. Lucky for me, mine isn't so it wasn't a big deal when I lost a cup size recently. I was mildly upset but I'd rather be more fit-looking with smaller breasts then out-of-shape with bigger ones IMO. But that's me.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-13-2011 at 05:52 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Oh gosh. That is a very good question. Probably a lot more. Although men who take steroids improve their physique but shrink the goods. Funny.

And I agree with you on the boob size. I would not use boob size to deter me from losing weight. I would rather be a "normal weight" and lacking in that area than with muffin tops and big boobs. I feel that more people are staring at my love handles than admiring my chest. I really hope I don't lose my boobs once I get to goal.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I was more than happy to go from a size B to a size A. It made working out more comfortable.

My husband seems mighty pleased that being pregnant has made me go up to a size D over the course of just a few months... I sure hope they shrink back down again!!
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #5  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I'm always surprised when I read those posts. I definitely think nice figure with a smaller cup size would be much better than a bigger cup size and more fat.

I sometimes wonder if embracing the larger cup size when you are heavier is a way of coping with the weight gain... like a way to still love something about your body even though its not the size you might want. No harm in that, but it can't become a reason to put off losing the weight.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

I can hardly wait until my breasts get smaller! Shopping is a challenge for sure as a bossomy lady.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

LOL Lucky...I'm with you! I pray that my boobs get smaller! I can't imagine these big jo-mamas on a body the size of my goal weight! To say I'd be disproportionate would be a gross understatement...to say the least!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #8  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

I WISH my breasts were getting smaller! Instead my band size just keeps decreasing, which makes it harder and harder to find bras. Add to that that my bust size probably is about two sizes larger than my waist/hips and finding dresses/tops is nearly impossible.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #9  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I wish mine would get a little smaller, too. Or, you know, the same size, except perkier. Much perkier
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
I wish mine would get a little smaller, too. Or, you know, the same size, except perkier. Much perkier
Yeah, that too!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Its not only the size that getting smaller, its the 'deflation'!

So for a guys, picture weight loss meant a deflated and sagging family jewels holder!

Boobage to the elbows and jewels to the knees? I'd bet lifts would be covered by insurance, then!

Last edited by DixC Chix; 08-14-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: sp
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Its not only the size that getting smaller, its the 'deflation'!

So for a guys, picture weight loss meant a deflated and sagging family jewels holder!

Boobage to the elbows and jewels to the knees? I'd bet lifts would be covered by insurance, then!
i agree, it ridiculous that now insurance companies pay for penile implants but dont pay for breast implants
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #13  

Glad to hear supportive replies. I don't want to deminish the fear of losing what one feels makes them more beautiful. I think it's a valid fear. But I guess what we all can point out is that how beautiful is it when it's in the scope of being unhealthy?

I totally wish I had bigger boobs. I laugh at the rediculousness of how small I am on top. I also laugh that when I'm heavier than normal, my boobs are still small. What else can I do? Surgery for me is always an option but I would look stupid with big boobs. Bigger boobs would be nice, tho. But I know that there's nothing I can do about it without surgery.

I just hope that having bigger boobs becoming smaller isn't a deterant for getting to a more healthy weight.

Yes, especially with pregnancy, the boobage will shrink back and there will be empty "bags", and yes that totally sucks. It's most likely true for major weight loss as well. I just want to encourage women that boobs are not the be-all and end-all for beauty.

We all must embrace our imperfections and also remember that imperfections are a cultural perception.

The best we can be is to strengthen our bodies and accept what we look like as it is what it is....but at least we're STRONG and FIT!! Let's embrace THAT.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

I've gone down from a C/D to a B. This is probably where I'll stay, from past weight loss experience. Each time I've lost weight, I've ended up at a B and been really disappointed. But this time, for some reason, I am really embracing the smaller ones and thinking they are kind of cute! Funny how that happened.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Having my weight go up and down and up and down and... well, you get the idea, plus breastfeeding two babies, it doesn't matter how much weight I gain they're still saggy as all get out. Maybe I'm lucky(?) I don't have this dilemma!

Women are hardest on themselves. Even if your guy is a "boob man", odds are he's still happy to be fondling boobies no matter what shape, firmness or size they are.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote