Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #1  
Looking for ♥ONEderland♥

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/175

Height: 5'7''

Unhappy Fatigue

I was wondering if anyone else has issues with fatigue? I've just felt exhausted lately, can't seem to get energy to do much, and when I get home from work I find myself crawling into bed and not moving for 12 hours not waking once! Which is totally unlike me, I usually run no problems on 6-7 hours of sleep and I have for years. Lately, I can't seem to wake up to do anything. I take multi vites and Emergen-C along with my meds for my heart but nothing else out of the ordinary, and I've been eating very healthy minus a day here and there of not so great food (in moderation) and I'm slowly losing but I just feel so blasted tired! Any advice?
texasmedic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm, thinkin' might be time to see a doctor. If it doesn't clear up in a little while, at least. Maybe it's the weather, or the heat. Maybe you just need to give yourself a break and get a little extra sleep. Maybe your body wants 8 hours a night, and 6-7 isn't going to cut it anymore.

I'd think about iron (maybe you're anemic), have your thyroid checked, and maybe your hormones if you are older. Or... might you be preggo. I don't know your history or anything about you, so I'm tossing some typical fatigue causing things out there. Maybe something as simple as B12 would help.

I hope someone has better ideas, but I hope you can get past this fatigue even more!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #3  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

I agree that a doctor is in order here, especially if you have a heart condition. Please don't gamble with your health. That little niggling issue that you notice & ignore can always turn out to be a symptom of something much worse.

That being said, two more things to add to twinieten's post: 1) I am always a bit more fatigued and require a bit more sleep when I'm in a calorie deficit. But just a bit, nothing extreme. 2) You posted quite recently that you're getting divorced and you've been very stressed. The stress would be enough to leave me fatigued, but I've also been through a few bouts of depression in the past, and I felt exactly like you do now in terms of the fatigue / sleeping forever.

to you. I hope that whatever it is, you feel better soon.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

See a doc.

Check vitamin b12, D, iron. Also thyroid. Also sleep quality. You might be in BED for 6-7 hrs, but maybe there's hidden issues like sleep apnea preventing you from RESTFUL sleep.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #5  
Looking for ♥ONEderland♥

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/175

Height: 5'7''

Thanks for all the good responses, I'm def gonna make a Dr app this next week with the PCP and see whats goin on, I know I'm not anemic or deficit of B-12 because I've had recent labs, I'm due for an app with the cardio guy so maybe we need to play with my meds there, I have super bad SVT and sometimes it makes me feel like crap, maybe a change in the meds for that could help....and I did think about stress playing a factor, I'm gonna bring that up as well with the PCP....Thanks again for the responses
texasmedic09 is offline   Reply With Quote