Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/311/200

Height: 5'6

Default Newbie Here.

Hey everyone. I sometimes hate reading intro's and stuff so if you do too I'm sorry! I'm 24 and 311 lbs today. That last 11 lbs I've gained in a 2 month period after not having gained for 5 months or so. This rapid weight gain that took me over the 300 lb mark has been eating at me ever since I weighed a couple weeks ago. I've tried to diet a hundred times I usually don't last more than 3 days. I struggle with depression and a huge lack of motivation. I have valid excuses for just about everything and that drives me crazy! I am definately my own worst enemy. I have not been diagnosed with an eating disorder because well I haven't even been to a dr since my Son was born 3 yrs ago. But I know that I binge and that I overeat on a daily basis. Sometimes I don't eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon but from 3 pm on I make up for the entire days calories plus some. My soon to be Husband is also overweight but unlike me he has been since he was a child. He wants to support me in losing weight without actually having to lose anything himself...and he LOVES fast food and all the horrible things that I love and some of them refuses to give up. So I feel like I can't win sometimes. My willpower is so low that if he comes in and is like "lets just go get some mcdonalds I don't feel like cooking" I feel like I can't say no...because if I did I'd be depressed. Sometimes eating out is the only thing him and I get to do together because he absolutely HATES doing anything active. So many times I want to get out and go take a walk but I know better than to ask. Well I could go on for days but I just wanted everyone to know the basics...I am also very interested in having a text buddy if anyones interested in that please let me know
AriesMom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/180/144

you can do it sweet I am exactly the same way.... not eat till late afternoon and binge, binge, binge. In fact, I did last night, but instead of feeling like I failed, I woke up and got right back on my game. Baby Steps! It really is a way of life, and I slip up everyday, in all areas of my life, but with eating slip-ups are much less. I also try to set aside a day will I let myself eat what I want with no quilt and have found that on those days, I may eat more, but do noy binge. Its unplanned "cheating" days that cause problems for me. Best advice, avoid booze... at least for me anyway, it is a trigger for binging. Good Luck! Let me know if you need anything.
Shmoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #3  

Thanks. I am not a big drinker...I do like to drink occasionally and I do eat more when I drink but I rarely drink. I am however trying to quit smoking too right now so thats making it even more difficult.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #4  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I binge too, which is why I now weigh as much as I did when I was 8 months pregnant 8 years ago. I had lost the weight a few years ago and have been yo-yoing ever since. One thing that helps me is to plan out my meals the night before. For example if I already have a plan for dinner, it's easier to resist the fast food short cut. Also, avoid starving yourself all day. Then you'll be so hungry that you can't help but overeat. Make sure you have healthy, filling breakfast foods in the house.

I quit smoking a few weeks before I started trying to lose weight, so I understand how hard that is. Some days I just cry because I can't eat what I want and can't smoke. It's really hard.

Do you have any friends or family members that are more supportive than your husband? Mine won't diet with me, but he also let's me plan our meals and doesn't eat fast food in front of me. Next time your husband suggests going out to eat, tell him to go ahead and go. Then you and your son can stay home and eat a healthy dinner. You might miss out on time spent with your husband, but you need to focus on yourself and being more healthy right now. Maybe over time as you lose weight, your husband will see how much better you feel and will want to join you. Plus, you can teach your son how to live a healthier lifestyle.

Next time you want to binge, log on to 3FC and look for support and motivation. This is a great place to find people who feel like you do and who can give you encouragement and advice.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #5  

Thanks. Yes I've had a crappy last couple days, I am the worst at being positive. I've considered writing post its all over the house and tacking up pictures of things I want to be able to wear again. Idk if that will encourage me to keep going or depress me even more. I'm glad I came to this website though it helps to know I'm not alone.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #6  
nanmalott

S/C/G: 240/173/160

Height: 5'9"

I too know what you're going through. Seems like when I start eating I just don't want to stop. I'm ok until I eat but watch out after that! I begun my last attempt at losing weight (which was successful) by asking myself if I was really hungry. Most of the time I would truly answer "no". Then I just walked out of the kitchen. I travel a lot so eating out is my only option so when you go to McDonalds eat one of their salads. Do you have someone else you could walk with? A girlfriend or maybe a daughter? I used to walk everyday with my daughter when she lived at home and not only did I keep my weight down, we really enjoyed those times together.
nanmalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #7  

Taking one day at a time has become my mantra since i know there many temptations around and what i try to do is to eat a heavy breakfast such as oats or if there are leftovers i can eat that, and during the day stay clear off junk instead eat fruit salad, nuts and lots of water during the day. Lastly i make sure i stock sweet potatoes so instead of eating tea and bread/cookies i've a healthy replacement.

PhatBeth

Last edited by PhatBeth; 08-31-2011 at 02:21 PM.
PhatBeth is offline   Reply With Quote