Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default Newbie waving hello

Hi all. An acquaintance told me about this site, and I thought I'd join. I'm 35, married ten months, and way too fat! And I'm scared...I'm not sure of what. Scared to try to lose. Scared to fail. scared to succeed? Who knows. Anyway...I'm keeping track of my food and exercise at fitday.com, and am doing really well...calories in are consistently less than calories out. In fact, given my ramp up in activity and reduction in calories, I THINK, mathematically speaking, large chunks of my behind should be falling off behind me.

Alas, they are not.

I suppose I'd like to lose 65-70 pounds, and could even go more....but as I said...I'm afraid to say it out loud, for fear of eventual failure.

So--here's the physical routine: three times a week, weight training at the Y. Once a week, a 60 minute yoga class. Two to three times a week, an 8 ish mile bike ride (about 45-50 minutes)

So I'm movin'.....

Colleen

Last edited by colz85; 06-18-2003 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:31 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome to the Boards, Colleen.

You've found a wonderful place for support and inspiration. Your exercise routine looks like you'll be headed in the right direction in no time.

Take a look around for a thread you think fits your personality and jump in. We all look for a fresh face and will welcome you with open arms.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:35 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

I also want to welcome you to 3FC
There are soooo many topics and groups
It can be overwhelming in the beginning.
Just read all you can and as Thinthinker said... just jump right in and join any topic.... everyone is so nice here.

Congrats on your exercise program. You will succeed if you keep it up.
Don't be afraid... ENJOY IT !!!
Old 06-19-2003, 04:07 AM   #4  

Default Welcome Colleen

Welcome to 3FC

There is a lot of information here and so many nice people.

Take your time, look around and see what you like.

Girl, you've got the activity thing down. I got tired just reading your post!!

Again, it's good to have you.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:13 AM   #5  

THanks for the welcome! Had a little meltdown over this whole weight and fitness thing last night...and had way too many tacos for dinner. Still under my calories for the day, according to fitday, but still....it's just so frustrating to be working so hard and have the scale NOT BUDGE. I want to take all those smug people who say "It's just math, if you put in fewer than you burn, you'll lose weight", and slap them silly. It's not that simple!!

C
Old 06-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #6  

Welcome Colleen!

I am also fairly new to 3FC but everone I have met here is very nice. Don't be afraid to lose the weight and keep exercising. Think back to before you started working out. Don't you feel better and have more energy now than you did then?

As far as the scales go, since you are working out as well as watching what you eat you are building muscle as well as burning fat, muscle weighs more than fat does, try doing body measurements instead of weighing in, or do both. But, don't do them every day, try once a week. You won't see a change every day and you are more likely to get discouraged, try once aweek or so. I alternate, I weigh in one week and do body measurements the next.

Don't give up!!! If you cheat occasionally that's ok, we all do. If you deny yourself all the time you are much more likely to give up. Remeber, you don't want to lose all at once or very quick because then you are more likely to gain it back.

Keep plugging away and remember, if you need help, we're all here for you Mel
Old 06-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #7  

Thanks Mel! Poking around 3fc and trying to find my "place". The diet and exercise thing is just so hard sometimes, but everyone here knows that!

Stood on the scale at the Y after Yoga for my "official" weigh in. Down another pound. So that's good. Makes 6 so far....

Keep on keepin' on, I guess...

Colleen
Old 06-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #8  

I'm new here, too. Just keep looking around...you'll find your place.

This is a great forum!
Closed Thread