Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Smile Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein

I don't know if this thread will take off or not but, I have often thought it would be nice to have a place to introduce ourselves to each other that would also allow others who join later to get acquainted.

If we get enough regular participation the thread will be easy to find. If not, it will go by the way side.

Maybe we could share a little about who we are, why Ideal Protein, how we found it, what other things we have tried, what is our motivation for losing the weight now, hobbies, interests, anything that you feel like sharing about you.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

So, I'll go first.

I started Ideal Protein just a few days before Thanksgiving 2009. I had tried lots of other diets over the past 15 years and couldn't consistently drop or keep of any off the added weight I was carrying. In the months before I found Ideal Protein I actually gained 29 pounds in 12 weeks. I was devastated and frustrated. At 40 years old, I felt like I might always be fat.

I found out about Ideal Protein through my hairstylist. Her husband had learned of Ideal Protein in a round about way and, after he lost 45 pounds in 48 days, he got the approval to offer the products himself. I was one of his earlier clients. He was quiet strict and didn't allow any extra packets, restricted packets or occasional veggies. It was a long 6 months but, the 90 poiunds I lost were worth it. The best part is having kept it off for almost 5 months. I am not yet done with my journey. I would still like to lose another 30 to 40 pounds by May 2011.

As for me. I am single, no kids, and have the leisure of doing this by myself. It makes it easier at times I suppose. I have had to coordinate my new diet around cooking for visiting family but, on a day to day basis, it is just me. When I began the plan I did have to coordinate around a boyfriend that wasn't eating low carb and that was a bit of a challenge. Lots of double meals being prepared. I finally gave up and he got to eat what I ate.

I am a total animal lover! I have 2 standard poodles (Levi age 5 and Chanel 10 months) and, I have a bengal cat (Matou). They are all from rescue groups I have worked with.

My hobbies and pastimes including reading, learning about nutrition, natural/alternative medicine approaches, and reading medical journals. I also take care of my elderly granparents (age 93 and 94). I have been fortunate to have a very close family that lives a long time!

My background... I was always really thin growing up. I was tall for my age, skinny, and had a lot of muscle and was very flexible. I was always active. I played sports, swam, skated, rode bikes, played volleyball, basketball, track and field, and did ice skating. I had an image problem that began around age 10, along with early menstruation, and I could never see myself as being thin, only fat. At age 11, I was 5'5, 114 pounds and a size 3 and on a diet. At age 18 I was 128 pounds, still 5'5 a size 6 and very active. I thought I was obese. (LITTLE did I KNOW! ) I started gaining weight right after that. I would gain in burst and lose in bursts. A sudden 30 or 45 pounds up then a fast 30 or 40 down. Over the years it was more ups than down and, despite still being active, I was a size 20 and 254 pounds.

My family was really concerned about my weight; obesity isnt a common or big occurance for us. Unfortunately, thyroid disease does run more commonly. When I was struggling to lose the weight and making no headway, it was very worrisome for my family members. They watched me try Atkins (I gained weight), South beach, Blood type diet, weight watchers and a few others. Mostly I tried to exercise and eat healthy. Who knew those healthy carbs were part of my problem! Well, when they saw the results from Ideal Protein, they were right there with support and cheers. This really does work and my family will agree, it is the best thing that has happened for me!

I began the program with the attitude I would do anything for as long as it took even if I only lost a pound a week. Good thing! I lost great and was amazed and full of doubt as to how long it would last. It eventually lasted so long, I stopped wondering. In the end, after 6 months, I was losing only a pound a week. Still losing many inches though. I had gone down 90 pounds and from a size 20 to and 8/10 and size 29/30 pants and shorts. It was so much to appreciate. Unfortunately, I couldn't recognize my results in the mirror and was feeling like a failure because I wasn't losing fast anymore. I was also having many side effects that go with rapid weight loss and low carb diets. For me, it was time to take a break.

I phase to phase 2 and then 3 this past summer. It was a good thing for me. I have stayed steady. Have enjoyed a little more food. Learned I could maintain my loses. I got to go back to exercising and, I finally look in the mirror and see the girl I am now and not the girl I was. I don't go shopping and grab for the XL or 1x automatically. I feel proud that I lost 90 pounds in such a short time. It was a goal I had many years ago and I did it! I know I am not done but, I am enjoying basking in the bulk of my success and learning to appreciate the person I am now that achieved those results.

One of the best parts of this diet was finding this forum. I found the original group on here back in November of 2009. Back then the group was barely 4 months old and not very large. We had some very active participants that lost their weight and are now long gone but, they really left us with some great inspiration and motivation and, you can still find the echos of their participation in the archived threads if you want to know them. Torchlaker was very active and dedicated with great support, welcoming, and advice. Ogdog was an active member, avid cook and recipe poster, and a vegetarian. Natural Girl, Princess, Megan, and so many others left great advice and recipes too. I don't think I would have made it through the Holidays last year without ALL of them!

Since then, I have met so many wonderful people through this support group. I love being here, making friends, and sharing our knowledge of the various topics surrounding this program.

So, here I go! Another year ahead of me and hopefully a few more pounds off and many more new acquaintances and friends.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 11-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

What an awesome thread.....

Here goes mine. I am 40 years old...I am very happily married (22 years) and we have one 21 year old daughter (gained 100 pounds in the last two years and she is very sad)

I am a high school science teacher, I love to golf, gamble, and read. I LOVE my dogs...they are both rescue black lab mixes and the joy in my life.

I was average size throughout early years (0-19)...size 7. I only gained 29 pounds with pregnancy and lost it immediately and was wearing pre-pregnant clothes quickly. When my daughter was about three I began putting on weight until I was 280 pounds. I lost down to 200 following weight watchers and kept it off for 4-5 years. I even had a tummy tuck after keeping it off so long. About 4 years ago, life got real stressful and I threw my healthy habits out the window. So the last four years I got myself back to 246. I tried to follow healthy eating and exercise but the loss was so slow that I would quit after 5-6 weeks.

I started IP on September 13, 2009...today 30 weeks later I am down 70 pounds and I am thrilled. I went from a size 18 to a size 8 and from a size XXL or 1X to a small/medium and a 44DDD to 38C.

Last edited by darbs7; 03-31-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #4  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Cool idea showgirl! Here's my story...

I'm 26, am a registered nurse in a trauma ICU. I have never been a "big girl", though have always had the athletic/muscular body growing up from doing sports. I never struggled with weight up until I started nursing school... then I did stress eating, packed on a LOT of weight (highest was 215) and noticed that I was having "hot flashes", though I wasn't quite sure why, seeing as I'm only 26. My nursing co-workers would joke with me that I was going through menopause. So I finally decided to go to the doctor to find out why I was having hot flashes and was having such a hard time losing weight with vigorous exercise and counting calories, etc. Labs were drawn, and sure enough, my estrogen was low... though no idea why, because when a person goes through actual pre/menopause, your other hormones compensate... but mine weren't. I had managed to get down to 200 lbs with diet and exercise, but with taking estrogen, I ballooned up to 213 AND this was a month before my wedding!!! Talk about scary!

I managed with a very strict diet to get down to 203 for the wedding, and barely fit into my dress wedding was 7 months ago

Soo... my husband decided that he wanted to switch careers and go to law school, best scholarship he got was 2 1/2 hours away in a different state... so we moved! Moving has turned out to be such a blessing for me! I had a coworker that had done Ideal Protein with amazing results, kept asking her questions, but was so hesitant to do the diet for many reasons, i.e. price, can't have drinks at Halloween with friends, can't eat Thanksgiving dinner with family, blah blah blah... but after moving, I woke up one day and said to myself "if I keep making these excuses, I will never do it, it's now or never, and it's time to take action and make myself healthier!!" So I started the diet cold turkey 6 weeks ago.

And here's the scoop on that!
-I have lost 21 lbs so far, which is amazing in and of itself because nothing has worked in the past couple years with my low estrogen!
-I am 24 lbs lighter than I was on my wedding day!
-I haven't taken any estrogen in a month and a half, and feel so much better now than I did before!
-I've gotten soooo many compliments, it's unbelieveable!
-I've learned that I can go out, not drink, and have an amazing time and just be me!
-I've been able to get rid of everything toxic in my life, including friendships of those that weren't encouraging me to better myself, toxic foods, etc.
-I've been able to look in the mirror the past week without being completely disgusted with what I see (have had a lot of self-image problems with the weight gain)
-And the best part, my husband can't get enough of me now

This forum has been such a great help! The encouragement on here is sooo helpful and helps me to keep going! I haven't even had a cheat yet! In January, we'll be going to the Dominican Republic for vacation... I will have met my goal and phased out by then yay! And, for the first time in a long time, I will be able to rock my bikini!

Ok, that's enough talk about me :P

Last edited by queenmimi; 11-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #5  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I am one week into my IP diet and my first WI is on Thursday. So far my own weigh scale says Ive lost 10lbs. I've struggled with weight my whole life. I put myself on a very low cal diet in highschool and lost a ton of weight. Then I started University and gained it all back, plus some.
I'm a full time University student and have been for the past 5 years. My first degree is a Bachelor of Science with a double major in biological and physical sciences. I'm now working on my second degree - bachelor of science in nursing. It's a two year program and I have one more year to go. After I'd like to go back for more since my goal is to be a nurse practitioner.
I recently was married in las Vegas June 22. My husband is American. I'm Canadian.
I live at home with my parents and help raise my very much younger siblings (15 years between the youngest and I, she's 7).
I have a dog, a hamster, and a bunch of chinchillas.
My hobbies include learning (I love school), my pets, reading, knitting, eating(may explain the trouble I'm in).
Currently I'm on break from school - just finished my psych placement and classes resume in January. So I'm devoting my time and focus to losing weight.
I just want to thank everyone right now because although I haven't posted much, I have been reading and you are all so helpful and encouraging.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #6  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Carla, this was a fantastic idea - I can't wait to read more about all of you, my online friends!

My name is Jessica and I'm a surgical technologist at a large-ish hospital in eastern Washington. I'll be 28 in a few weeks and on New Year's eve, I celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary. I learned about IP from a coworker of mine who had started on the program and lost 20 lbs in the first 4 weeks and reduced her insulin usage by 80%. I was blown away by that and wanted to check it out.

I feel like I have battled my weight my entire life. Even when I look at childhood pictures, I was just a little bigger than everyone else. My first weight loss program was Weight Watchers in high school. I started at 161.8 and never got below 150.2. When I graduated high school, I was between 165-170 and I've steadily put on weight since then. I tried WW again in 2004 and never made much progress - my heart just wasn't in it.

My husband was diagnosed with diabetes in April of this year. He isn't overweight but has a heredity propensity to develop it. We had started to make dietary adjustments to accomodate his diabetes, but nothing major. When I heard about this diet, I knew that it would be great for me, but also very beneficial for him. He has been extremely supportive and the day before I started the program (10-10-10), we de-carbed the house. He's eating better and so am I!

I have been on the program for 5.5 weeks now and have lost 16.4 pounds. I'm back in Onederland for the first time in many years and don't ever intend to leave! I feel better, I'm shrinking out of my clothes and I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror. I can't wait to wear a bikini next summer!

This is the first program that has ever worked for me - I chose it because I had seen the results in my friend and because the way that it worked seemed logical in my head. Nothing funny about it, just real food and real results. Since starting the program, my co-worker and I have had 4 more of our co-workers and their family members join as well! Having that support at work has made all the difference in our success.

I am so grateful for this forum and all of you - it has been so encouraging going through your victories and your struggles with all of you. It helps me remember that I'm not alone.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I am 59 years old with two adult children and eight beautiful grandchildren. I have been married to the same wonderful man for 41 years. I remember the first time I knew anything about weight or gaining weight was when I was in the fifth grade. A neighbor told me that I was getting fat, so I took the bull by the horns and lost some weight. It was that simple - and for the only time in my life, I lost it and didn't have a weight problem for many years. I was a mere 17 years old when I married a man who was on his way to Viet Nam. I weighed 125 and was in great shape. My husband always said that he married me for my thigh muscles. I weighed 162 when he got home a year later.

My new husband hated me fat and so the battle with weight and the effect it had on my life was devastating. I have been to diet pill (speed) doctors starting back in 1970, fought anorexia with no hair and no monthly periods for two years. Decided I wanted children so I started to eat (after some difficulty) and I couldn't stop - gained 100 pounds. Hated myself and everyone around me, so I had my stomach stapled in 1981 (thank goodness it had nothing to do with the intestines back then) and lost 100 pounds. Started gaining and Bulimia snuck in and controlled my life for many years. I would try to diet healthy and the Bulimia would creep back in. Diabetes was a very familiar face to me since my early 20's. Losing and gaining weight repeatedly had ill effects on my body. I never felt thin - it didn't matter what I weighed. I was addicted to food.

Last year I was at the bottom as far as my health. I was almost crippled, walked with a cain, couldn't go up and down stairs, broke my knee because I couldn't walk right, took 7-9 insulin shots per day, I had high blood pressure, on a multitude of prescriptions and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to work much longer. I couldn't shop anymore and it was all I could do to babysit my grandchildren, let alone play with them. I was at my highest weight - over 270 pounds! I was thinking of applying for disability. I was told that both of my knees needed replaced, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I had to do something, so they started by doing some MRIs of my spine, I DIDN't FIT IN THE MACHINE. I had to go to a special place with a special machine. This was the beginning of LIFE for me. A friend had been wanting me to go with her to the orientation for Ideal Protein and so I reluctantly went. I hadn't lost more than a few pounds in many years and I was desperate because I thought I would soon be disabled. I started the following week on IP and my journey began.

I lost 16 pounds the first week on IP. No one could believe it. The NP told me that I was the sickest person they had ever signed up for this plan. But I was motivated. Soon they found that I had a disc in my neck pressing on my spinal cord and they operated. I was home from work all summer and spent the summer concentrating on IP, losing weight, and learning to walk all over again. It was great. I was in my pool walking, walking, walking until I got it right. The weight just fell off. I just followed the IP protocol and I just kept getting smaller.

I found Three Fat Chicks on a Diet in June, two months after I had started the plan and I instantaneously had a new support system. I continue to follow the IP protocol every day and the weight keeps coming off. I have currently lost 102 pounds with 45 more to go. I am physically fine - I can walk, run, exercise, and barely take insulin. I had something like rooster comb injections in my knee and there is virtually no pain there, either. Taking 100 pounds of weight off of them has had to help.

What is different this time (I am sure you are asking yourself) - the difference this time is that I did it for totally different reasons than I have ever had to before. It wasn't vanity, or for my husband, or for strangers that look at me, or because I didn't fit in the MRI machine - it was because I was afraid for the first time in my life. I am no longer afraid. I can look at food and I know that I do not want to ever go down that road again - I no longer have to worry about when I go off of the "diet" that I will gain the weight back. Because - I have a plan - the IP Maintenance Phase 4 Plan.

It is not about the food anymore - it is about choice - and I choose life over food, it is about peace within, and I choose peace, it is about loving myself enough to do it someone else's way and I choose the IP way. I have always been a strong woman with innovative ideas, and could change careers at a whim and another degree. I don't have to be strong all of the time anymore. I can need people and depend on others to get those needs met. And that is where you come in - thank you for being there for me and witnessing the beginning of my life. I still hate exercise though.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 12-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #8  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I really needed this thread… just to read your stories. They inspire me and touch my heart.

I’m Marion. I’m 44 years old and I’ve been married 26 years. We have 3 daughters that are 20, 17 and 13 years old. I have been dancing since I was 12 years old in one style or another and that’s how I met my husband.
I’ve struggled with weight since I was in 5th grade--- or at least my view of my weight. By the time I was in high school, I was buying into weight tables that said I was fat even though I was dancing at aerobic levels for 4 hours a night 6-7 nights a week. When I had a body fat test done sometime between when I was 18-20, I was 20% body fat, but because I weighed 185 pounds, I believed I was fat.

I had a pretty serious ankle injury that stopped me from dancing and resulted in surgery number one and some weight gain which kind of just got out of control. After several attempts at various diets including the infamous Phen/Phan pills, I yo-yo’d all over the place. Coupled with having PCOS which has led me to several miscarriages and hormones that just are uncooperative my metabolism was rolling downhill. I’ve had two more ankle reconstructions since then as well.

Perhaps the final straw for me occurred in 2003 when I was working with a doctor and finally making some progress. About 3 months into treatment, I found out I was pregnant (which had also happened the last time I had lost weight), but this time it was twins. A couple of months later, I began to spot and soon found out I was miscarrying. I worked as a wedding coordinator the day I lost my babies. I was pretty upset and took an unhealthy attitude that I just didn’t care. Here I was getting healthy and I still lost my babies! More weight gain.

Several factors that were for the most part out of our control led me to the point that I added adrenal fatigue onto an already growing list of medical problems. I didn’t begin treatment for that until 5 years later which was February of 2010.

Even though I have struggled with weight and medical stuff for the last several years, I was finally able to start putting the pieces together to make changes in my life and probably, most importantly, God was changing my heart.

In March, I started to really make changes in my life by changing what I was eating and exercising beyond dancing that is pretty much “normal” life for my body after all this time. In 4 months, I had a net weight loss of 16 pounds which was better than the 301 pounds I had started at, but it was going to be a long journey and I was really having doubts. I had gone back to school the year before, but finally decided on getting my BS in Sports and Health Science with a concentration in Exercise Science. I felt like I was sticking my neck out being the fat girl in a fit major, but it has worked well for me.

I went for a chiropractic adjustment and he had an Ideal Protein brochure there. I asked a couple of questions, but was EXTREMELY skeptical, but it did seem to meet most of what I thought I needed to do to lose weight. I talked to my husband figuring he’d say no, but he said, go for it. July 7th was my first day. Tomorrow I go in for my 20 week weigh in. It’s been two weeks since my last one, but as of week 18 I was down 56 additional pounds which averages out to just over 3 pounds per week.

My last two weeks have been pretty crazy for reasons that would all sound like complaining, so I’m going to skip it, but I had been very committed to staying with IP until I reached my goal of 185, but I’m starting to think differently about that now. Part of doing IP was to give me an opportunity for some behavior modification which I believe has happened, but there are lots of things going on that are making me think about phasing out to a plan that I can/will follow for life. I’m going to talk to my coach in the morning and seek her counsel. I have already spoke to my husband who agrees with my thought process. I may even decide to start back at a later point, but we’ll see.

Feel free to read through my blog linked in my signature for more details on this whole journey. As I make a decision about what I’m going to do from this point, I’ll probably end up posting more of those factors and details there but for now, I’m just trying to sort them out.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #9  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

My name is Paula. I've always been called chubby even as a teenager. If I look back at what size I was back then I wouldn't be in the position I've been in for the last 20 years. I've been the classic yo-yo dieter and have tried everything under the sun.

I was married for 24 years to a very verbally abusive man who always called me fat and lazy. I was at my worst when we separated in 2001 at 240 lbs. Once we split over 2002 I managed to get my weight down to 189. After that it started creeping up again.

In November 2009 my best friend in the world proposed to me in the bottom of the Grand Canyon and I made a pledge to myself to spend the year 2010 getting into better shape.

I started this journey on January 2 at 219 lbs. I initially started on the Uweightloss system but as the months went by it was costing me a fortune. In February I found the wedding dress of my dreams and took a big gamble by buying it two sizes smaller.

We got married on October 10, 2010 and I weighed 183 lbs and my dress did not need to altered. It was a real pat on my back. I still had lots of weight to lose and still have a high school reunion coming up in May 2011. I started on the Jillian Michaels program back in June and got in pretty good shape but the weight still was not moving.

I found the Ideal Protein diet and decided to take another gamble and see if I could really lose this weight once and for all. I started on October 31st and the first two weeks have blown me away. I'm now at 173 and looking forward to the day I reach my goal.

I'm not the best at putting my feelings on the table but I will try and do my best. I'm an accountant and have 3 grown children and now two step daughters. I have 6 grandchildren and one more on the way and one stepgrandson. I'm 53 and figure this is my last chance to get into the shape I've always dreamed of.

This feedback system is awesome and look forward to being a part of it.
Paula
Old 11-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

My turn!

My name is Julie. I am 31 years old. I am single have no children and 1 really fat, spoiled, fluff ball of a cat. I work as a multigrade teacher in a rural school as well as an EMT-B during my "time-off". I love to read and watch movies...as well as laugh....so that involves any of my friends and/or family! I also am active in bowling, volleyball, hunting and fishing....but you would expect that from a ranch girl from Wyoming!

I have always had what I called an athletic build. However, looking back, I always knew I was bigger than my peers. Huh, go figure I thought 5'8" and 150 lbs was FAT! Too bad I was easily 4 inches taller than everyone else. Really too bad no one ever corrected the way I felt.

I really never started dieting until my 3rd year of teaching. At that point I had a total stress job....teaching on an Indian Reservation- getting chairs, scissors, books thrown at you and the kid not being punished by admins. The first diet I tried was Atkins with exercise.....and I was losing....but when my hospital labs came back I STOPPED!!! Yikes. I will NEVER do that to myself again.

In the mean time, my boyfriend and I were having troubles and I began eating. I believe I went from 180s to 240 in a slow climb in about 6 years. It's not that I ate tubs of ice cream....nope. I would eat very healthily. But, like Carla said...it was the good carbs that were doing me in. I would eat a whole bag of corn or peas....thinking, "oh, double the veggies...skip the dessert." Lesson learned.

My BF and I have since moved in together (dated for 6 years now) and things are going great. My aunt, a Physician's Assistant, told me about IP. She had found out from her chiropractor. She said she recommended it and everyone she knew that did the diet, changed their lifestyles. I thought, what the heck. Why not?

Before I started, I did some internet searches to read up on what I was getting myself into. That is how I stumbled across 3FC. WOW! This has really been my saving grace! My bestie started a few days after me, and has lost all she needed and has gone off the program.....me, I am alone....but, I'm not. You all have been here. I love this diet (a little frustrated with myself at times). I love this forum (a little brutally honest at time- which we all need). Thank you. I have complete confidence in what I am doing.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/255/210

Height: 6'4''

My name is Eric and I am from Lyman, Wyoming.

I have been on IP for almost 7 weeks and am down 43 pounds. I am married and have 4 children.

In 2005 I weighed almost 340 lbs. I made a resolution on Jan 1, 2006 to lose weight. I then proceeded to lose 140 lbs on my own with exercise and reducing what I ate. I did this with no special diet or help. In October 2006, our youngest child was born with only half a heart. We spent lots of time in Salt Lake City at the Children's Hospital where my son has had 3 open heart surgeries. This time down there was full of stress, eating out and no time for exercise. Then in 2008, both my parents died at the age of 65. My dad who was large died of a massive heart attack. My mom who was small died of respitatory problems. Then later that summer I broke my leg playing softball. All of these things lead to me gaining back 95 lbs of the 140 I took off.

I started on October 1st with IP to give me the jumpstart in weight loss so I can feel good again and work towards regaining the exercise rountine I once had. I hope we can all support each other on this journey.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #12  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

This is such a great idea!!!! Its nice to be able to get to know the people you tell your deepest darkest secrets to....lol Here goes:

I am 26 years old, have been happily married to the love of my life for 2ish years, and have a beautiful & healthy 1 year old daughter.

I have struggled with weight for as long as I can remember. I grew up with 5 best friends, all sizes 0 - 6. So I have always been the "big girl". It hasn't been easy, but you develop coping mechanisms I suppose (People say I'm funny lol). Since I was 10, (I developed really early) I had double D's. Tough when your young, let me tell ya! Big self esteem issues, so when I was 23, I got a breast reduction - best thing I have ever done! (aside from starting IP) I was over the moon happy! Lost 12 pounds in boob fat! haha! Then I started Herbal Magic, I lost 40 pounds, which was great! Right in time for my wedding. But I then moved out of the city, back to my little hometown and could not deal with driving an hour twice a week just to get weighed in. So, needless to say, I gained back the weight. Then I had my baby girl, best day of my life but did she ever reak havok on what was left of my figure!! I weighed the same after, just things are in different places now....lol!!!

One day, I heard that a friend of the family was on IP and she had lost a TON of weight! (she is now my coach!) She looks so fantastic that I just HAD to try it. Well let me tell ya, am I ever glad I went in and talked to her about it. She gives me great support, and I have refered her to this site for even more support (after all - she is in this battle with me right?) This site has given me the courage & devotion to make a change!

So for all those newbies who are just reading and not writing, I encourage you to do so!! It really helps to get it all off your chest, I know you can talk to your friends, spouse, whoever - but these men and women on here are truly something else! We will try and help with whatever your up against!

Ughhh! Long winded! All your life stories are truly encouraging! Keep up the good work everyone!

P.s I am down 6 pounds in 1 week, and my second WI is this afternoon - will post results! NSV - I bought a pair of size 14 pants!!! (Usually atleast 16!) In 1 week!!! I love IP.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #13  

Thanks for everyone's stories. It is really nice knowing more about you all. Great idea on starting it.

My name is Amy (hence the name AmyonIp~lol) and I like long walks on the beach and good book. Haha, I'm a smart alec.
I am married to a man I went to Jr. high and High school with. We knew each other but never dated, weren't even friends really. I had a daughter when we met and he loves her like she's his. She is 13 and we have 2 boys together 18 mo apart. 4 and almost 3. I am blessed with being able to stay at home with them. We have been married for 6 years and he is very supportive of me. He tells me the dinners I make for him and the family are horrid so I won't want to cheat. I told him I don't know if that's good or not. His mom passed away a year and a half ago and we had heard someone talking about alternative medicine and didn't know anything about that, so we went to the local health store and learned a lot, researched online also. Well, they were doing IP there and I didn't get into it because I thought that it was going to be like the other diets I've tried where I just gain it all back, and then some. I had never been heavy until after my bad divorce and I thought I was eating because I was happy. (I'm a smart alec and a little dence too. hee hee) Boy was I wrong. It's a hard journey to look at yourself and find out what's wrong. Anyways, On October 16th our town was doing a Womens Expo and the health store had a booth set up for IP and I asked the lady questions because at this point it had been a year and a half from hearing about it, but I hadn't done anything on my own like I had told myself I was going to do. She asked me how ready I was and I said 7/10. I was going to a BBQ that night and wanted all the food. She said she wouldn't take me as a client until I said I was 10. I scheduled the apt for Monday the 18th and answered 10 but thought, well I'll cheat here and there, at least I would get right back on it in the morning.....Until she explained the program to me. I didn't want to loose out 3 days of hard work for nothing and a lot of money, and that's what got me to 214 pounds, was there were always excuses; a party, BBQ, friends coming over, Friday, Saturday, etc. so I have been committed for 1 month and haven't cheated once (still sounds hard to believe) I love sugar way to much to think I haven't had it in that long. I ate it for all meals and even between meals (not spoonfulls of it, but it might of well have been) I am really enjoying the way I feel inside and also getting down a size in jeans really helps too.
I don't know if I would have stuck with it for this long if it wasn't for all of you, I have had my down days and I just read read read everything I could on 3FC to keep me motivated and encouraged. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for all your support.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #14  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Hi ~ I'm Rhonda and I live just outside of Houston Texas. For 5 of the last 9 years, Men's Health magazine has ranked Houston as the fattest city in America. There are restaurants and fast food drive-thrus on every single corner in this city as well as right in the middle of some subdivisions of homes. And that folks is my weakness & one of the reasons I have gained 60 lbs just since moving to Houston, TX five years ago.

I have tried every single diet that has been mentioned in this thread except 1 -- someone mentioned the blood-type diet. haven't tried that one, don't really want to now that I have found IP!

Can you believe how full just 1 of the IP supplements makes you?? I like to compare it to friends to a Slim-Fast with added protein. But when I've done Slim Fast dieting (3 times in my life) I've always felt I needed a sandwich & chips with my slim fast drink. LOL

I'm a mother of 3 children. Each child weighed about 9 lbs. and I gained at least 50 lbs with each pregnancy. But still I cannot believe I allowed myself to reach 283 lbs at one point. May 2010 -- 283 lbs. WHEW! Sounds like a fat man in a circus.

Do you know I actually used to get teased as a kid for being so skinny? I had long chicken legs. Everyone would call me chicken legs. And I was flat as a board up top until having my first child at 20 years old.

I received a letter from my doctor's office one day & though "hmmm, what is this? Do I still owe her some money?" It was a letter describing a trip she took with another doctor to Florida for a nationwide seminar on the Ideal Protein plan. She explained that her and her partners have all been on the diet the last 4 weeks and have seen remarkable results. I should come to a free informative seminar. It was in the evening, so I went! Signed up that night and could not wait to begin! I even started no-carbing it the following day and lost 7 lbs. before I even began IP. Then started having the IP packets with my salads, veggies and meat and whew -- I am FULL.

I love feeling FULL. I hate hunger.

Looking forward to reading all about YOU.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/226/145

Height: 5'

Smile Thanks for this thread as I am new and love meeting you all!

My name is Julie and I have struggled with my weight since I was 14 and since I am 56 that is a lot of years. I am the only one in my family who struggles with weight. All of my siblings take after the other side of the family, tall and slim. I am just 5' tall and also have a thyroid disease.

I am divorced with no children and am find my self working all of the time. I have a 4 day a week job as a bookkeeper and also a free lance bookkeeping business. I also own a small bakery and sell at farmers markets and events during the summer.

I am not tempted by the pies that I bake and sell, but find that I resort to fast food or what ever is available. Love carbs.

June 2009 I as introduced to IP and lost 35 lbs. Then I let life get too busy and started to eat what ever I wanted. I told myself I knew IP worked and could always go back. Well tomorrow never came and I could not get motivated to start again.

At my annual doctor visit two weeks ago I found out that I am diabetic and got a wake up call.

I began back on IP last week. Already am down a few lbs and looking forward to weighing in next week.

I am so glad to have found this forum and look forward to giving and receiving the support.

Julie
Closed Thread