Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/233/130

Exclamation what keeps me motivated you ask?

Well when i feel the need the "bindge" or "cheat" i go to a quiet, privet spot and a make a list of why i want to lose weight.

1. healthy me.
2. keep up with kids.
3. feel better about myself.
4. shop at all the cool stores at the mall.
5. wear cool clothes.
6. have more confidence.
7 attract guy i really do wanna date.
8. set a good example for my family.
9. wear a SINGLE diget pant size.
10. have a whole new better life.

then i look at the list and i think, " is that few minets of false happiness with food worth giving up all this" HECK NO! good luck everyone, hope i helped.
kb11311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Very nice! It's good that you can make a list and keep it nearby for those times when you would otherwise cheat or binge. I personally keep my current weight and the amount lost from the previous week on a post-it stuck to my work computer. I've also thought about printing out a picture of someone I admire with a rockin' bod and posting it to the fridge so I think of that before getting my food out. (Though, luckily, my husband doesn't buy much junk and I only buy what I should be eating, so there's not much temptation in our fridge.)

I think I'll steal this idea if I ever get a craving for McDonald's or some other food that would wreck my daily calories. Thanks!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Let me tell you, being able to shop in the cool stores is a huge motivator now that i can. I have been stuck wearing plus sizes for so long with the limited choices and never feeling I looked good in anything. Now, I still have a logn way to go, but man is it fun trying on clothes at whatever store I want! Love that... don't even need to buy - just seeing my thinner self in the mirror is a good enough reward and pushes me harder to tone more and lose more to get out of the higher end normal sizes.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Whenever I feel tempted to binge or cheat, I take out my bikini that I can finally fit into (after almost ten years, lol) and the sight of it immediately sets me straight. It sounds extreme but it works for me.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote