Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Weekend Chat, Fri 8/12 - Sun 8/14

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone.

Question, i found some new stix yesterday called Arizona, they're made with Splenda but also contain acesulfame potassium which is also an artificial sweetner, is that ok to use?

Another question: What would be the reason we wouldn't be in ketosis if we follow the program perfectly?

Last edited by Busymomx4; 08-12-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

This morning I am, for lack of a better word, pi$$ed off! I had an email from my sister in law this morning because she lets me know when she weighs in because we keep each other accountable. She's lost 10.7 in 2 weeks which is great and I'm super happy for her. The next part is what made me angry. She said our sister in law and mother in law said she's looking thinner already. And they even asked her directions on how to do it themselves! This is the same sister in law that told me a couple weeks ago that this is too restrictive and there is no way she could do it she would DIE if she couldn't have the things she wants. (She's larger than both my sister in law doing the program with me and myself.) And my MIL, if you've been around awhile you probably remember her chewing my a$$ because, "SHE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THIS DIET and she doesn't like it!" She went on and on about how I'm going to age and lose my hair and this and that. And now both of them want to ask HER how to do when she's in week 3 and I'm in week 8. Not to mention I've lost 24 pounds and they haven't said a word about me looking thinner. Ugh. Some people!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-12-2011 at 09:33 AM.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
This morning I am, for lack of a better word, pi$$ed off! I had an email from my sister in law this morning because she lets me know when she weighs in because we keep each other accountable. She's lost 10.7 in 2 weeks which is great and I'm super happy for her. The next part is what made me angry. She said our sister in law and mother in law said she's looking thinner already. And they even asked her directions on how to do it themselves! This is the same sister in law that told me a couple weeks ago that this is too restrictive and there is no way she could do it she would DIE if she couldn't have the things she wants. (She's larger than both my sister in law doing the program with me and myself.) And my MIL, if you've been around awhile you probably remember her chewing my a$$ because, "SHE KNOWS ALL ABOUT THIS DIET and she doesn't like it!" She went on and on about how I'm going to age and lose my hair and this and that. And now both of them want to ask HER how to do when she's in week 3 and I'm in week 8. Not to mention I've lost 24 pounds and they haven't said a word about me looking thinner. Ugh. Some people!

Go figure! Ugh, it does make you mad, but you know what, you will have the last laugh! Just let it go and keep losing!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #5  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Busymom, what makes you think you're not in ketosis if you're following it perfectly?
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #6  
On my last diet

It'sabouttime, that would piss me off too. specially the mil who KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT DIET. Sure she does!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

It is 62 right now and my 2 co-workers must be having wicked hot flashes because they have the air on. I on the other hand am in my office with jeans and a blanket!! I have always been the cold one out of the group but now I feel like a popcicle! They think I am nuts but after I explained the whole fat loss and most ppl are colder on this diet they just laugh and tell me I need a snuggie haha. I was so cold last night I turned on my heated mattress pad on my side of the bed. I think I will have to invest in a few pair of cuddleduds before winter for sure.

I am going to take my daughter to Monte Carlo the movie tonight. I have been promising her I would but have not felt I could handle the movie theater smell. I have confidence I can do it tho now.

I did some long and hard thinking last night and I think now is a good time to quit smoking. I was going to quit when I started this program but couldn't give up too much at once. I have been through enough stressful situations and have not gone to food so I think I can do this without eating everyting in sight. I know it will be hard but it wil be sooo worth it. If I can sit every day and watch my co-workers eat things that are so bad and actualy be kinda grossed out by it I think I will have enough will power to eventualy think ciggs are nasty too. Wish me luck everyone
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning,
Happy it is the weekend. I typed in 3 fat pigs this morning and said What? lol. Today is official WI #6 this afternoon. But I weighed at home this morning, like I have from the begining and it looks like 1 lb or less grrrrrr. I ate all non-restricted this week, even the veggies. I will post later. I am going to Wyonna Judd concert tonight ( Girls Night Out) can't wait.

To whomever posted about their Pain in the butt SIL & MIL. Some people have to have it be all about them and then your idea magically becomes their Brain Fart!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #9  
On my last diet

nikkib, we are both 60+, short and have a lot to lose (I am 5' and want to lose 80 lbs.), so we can motivate each other.

I am sure you can handle the theatre smell, just take your fav restricted snack to each. And maybe a baggie full of chunks of celery etc. I find if I sprinkle the veg with maybe very spicy stuff it is way more satisfying as a snack.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
It is 62 right now and my 2 co-workers must be having wicked hot flashes because they have the air on. I on the other hand am in my office with jeans and a blanket!! I have always been the cold one out of the group but now I feel like a popcicle! They think I am nuts but after I explained the whole fat loss and most ppl are colder on this diet they just laugh and tell me I need a snuggie haha. I was so cold last night I turned on my heated mattress pad on my side of the bed. I think I will have to invest in a few pair of cuddleduds before winter for sure.

I am going to take my daughter to Monte Carlo the movie tonight. I have been promising her I would but have not felt I could handle the movie theater smell. I have confidence I can do it tho now.

I did some long and hard thinking last night and I think now is a good time to quit smoking. I was going to quit when I started this program but couldn't give up too much at once. I have been through enough stressful situations and have not gone to food so I think I can do this without eating everyting in sight. I know it will be hard but it wil be sooo worth it. If I can sit every day and watch my co-workers eat things that are so bad and actualy be kinda grossed out by it I think I will have enough will power to eventualy think ciggs are nasty too. Wish me luck everyone
Good luck at the movie, I still haven't braved the theater yet. And extra good luck with the smoking. That's a major thing, good for you!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,
To whomever posted about their Pain in the butt SIL & MIL. Some people have to have it be all about them and then your idea magically becomes their Brain Fart!
Love this! Thanks!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Busymom, what makes you think you're not in ketosis if you're following it perfectly?
I assume that i am but i see a lot of people testing and i was just wondering why should we test, shouldn't we be in ketosis if we follow the plan?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

Ugh, i'm frustrated just reading your post. I hate when people act that way, especially when its family and you can't keep them away from you. All i can think of is that they're jealous of your success.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #14  
On my last diet

Busymom, you probably are in ketosis if you are following it 100%. I just like to test because I find it motivating. If you start to have cravings --that aren't emotional just because you have had an upsetting time - or are hungry, then you may have overdone it on the carbs and gone out of ketosis. But realistically, even though I test all the time - probably too much - it's always very faint, just a trace, because I am drinking so much water.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I took a bag of soy puffs into the movies with me a few weeks back. I bought popcorn and a drink for my son so if they would have said something I would be like "well if you offered healthy options to your calorie/fat/carb ridden menu I could have bought something here." I have found they never check your bag if you buy something from them

I DID have a WI victory today as I Am not out of the 160s! 159 today... first time ever since starting to lose weight *insert weight loss dance here*.

Last edited by Jonsgurl0531; 08-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote