Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #1  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy TOm I have some really stong feelings for you!

In a bad way!

weighed in at 229.2 up 0.6 from yesterday

I just ended my TOM. (the first one of the month) I am quite furious with my Uterus at the moment. I have two TOM's a month and each time I stall out on my weightloss. I stick to plan perfectly and nothing. I dont lose anything. I know it will happen its a pattern thats been happening for a while. But it still gets me down. So here's to 3-5 days of no weightloss no matter what! well this is my first TOM of the month its usual 2-4 days of a stall. then in a week and a half ill be on my second TOM. then another adter TOM stall. Im a bit down today. Can i get some encouragement?
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

I'm going through my TOM right now and trying to avoid bingeing on Goldfish pretzels so if you find some encouragement, send it my way.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #3  
HijabiMommaBear

well at least we are struggling together lets stay strong even though its so hard.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

That sucks. ): All I can say is, even if you don't lose, you won't gain, or you won't gain too much, by staying on plan. Hang in there!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #5  

Well, the scale's moved up to 120 from 117. Eeks! I'll stay strong if you do, lol. I hate TOM!!
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

I am there with you girls. Came off of one type of birth control and getting ready to go on another. My body is NOT cooperating with me. I had my first TOM in two years (just came off Depo) it lasted for over a week, went away for a few days and then right back at it again! NOT happy! Not losing weight, very frustrating.
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/192/140

Height: 5 Feet, 5 Inches

Mine is FINALLY here! After I ovulate everything goes wacky until my TOM is over then I get a few weeks of glorious bliss! Mine are so irregular (40-60 day cycles) and my luteal phase is such a long time of misery! It's darned near impossible for me to lose and I have 0 energy after the my last day of ovulating, that I almost can't even force myself to workout. I'm looking forward to the end of this one so I can see how many pounds come off that the scale owes me!
NotJustALittleFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #8  
HijabiMommaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkaleidoscopic View Post
That sucks. ): All I can say is, even if you don't lose, you won't gain, or you won't gain too much, by staying on plan. Hang in there!
thank you! it is always good to be reminded to look at the silver lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
Well, the scale's moved up to 120 from 117. Eeks! I'll stay strong if you do, lol. I hate TOM!!
stay strong. im doing my best. i have been sticking to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches5577 View Post
I am there with you girls. Came off of one type of birth control and getting ready to go on another. My body is NOT cooperating with me. I had my first TOM in two years (just came off Depo) it lasted for over a week, went away for a few days and then right back at it again! NOT happy! Not losing weight, very frustrating.
ooh i was on a birthcontrol like depo and it was the one that went in your arm. it made me gain like crazy and be very depressed i had it in for 6months. it was the best thing ever to get back on birth control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJustALittleFat View Post
Mine is FINALLY here! After I ovulate everything goes wacky until my TOM is over then I get a few weeks of glorious bliss! Mine are so irregular (40-60 day cycles) and my luteal phase is such a long time of misery! It's darned near impossible for me to lose and I have 0 energy after the my last day of ovulating, that I almost can't even force myself to workout. I'm looking forward to the end of this one so I can see how many pounds come off that the scale owes me!
lol thats definetly how i feel. i feel like I have no energy. i know exactly what you mean. stay strong though. at least stay on plan with food. thats what i do when i cant coax myself into excercise.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

am I the only one who loses weight at that time? I like TOM! I always seem to lose a couple of lbs!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I hate TOM too, but not because I gain, but because it's the end of my weightloss for the next 18-19 days. I don't lose during TTOM, might lose a tiny bit a few days after it, but then gain it back plus some as my body prepares for ovulation. Then, my body holds fluids waiting for a fertilized egg or something, and when it realizes - NO BABY! it releases all the water and I'll lose all my month's worth of weight in about 9 days... ending with TTOM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #11  
HijabiMommaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I hate TOM too, but not because I gain, but because it's the end of my weightloss for the next 18-19 days. I don't lose during TTOM, might lose a tiny bit a few days after it, but then gain it back plus some as my body prepares for ovulation. Then, my body holds fluids waiting for a fertilized egg or something, and when it realizes - NO BABY! it releases all the water and I'll lose all my month's worth of weight in about 9 days... ending with TTOM.
omg! i think i might die if i were in your boat. Thank you for making me realize it could be worse. I hope the best for you to. and i hope you dont take it in the wrong way. (my reply) but you really have helped me and made me stop complaining to myself. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriette View Post
am I the only one who loses weight at that time? I like TOM! I always seem to lose a couple of lbs!
you are one of the lucky ones!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #12  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Y'all are so wonderful! I was depressed when I started searching about TOM while on diet, and now I feel all better *hugs* Just happy to know that sticking to my plan will show results after TOM is over, is very very encouraging! Thanks for everyone that posted here.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #13  
HijabiMommaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueCat View Post
Y'all are so wonderful! I was depressed when I started searching about TOM while on diet, and now I feel all better *hugs* Just happy to know that sticking to my plan will show results after TOM is over, is very very encouraging! Thanks for everyone that posted here.
im very very glad my moment of depression could help you! (honestly i do that not sarcastic lol) I get down. and i think we all do. but im learning how to not let it get to me. its hard but its a work in progress. : )
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #14  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

im so sorry! its my TOM too and i gained like 2-3 lbs so i started at 193. today i saw 190 again so im happy! its like my body doesnt want to get out of the 190s lol
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #15  
HijabiMommaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimicat76 View Post
im so sorry! its my TOM too and i gained like 2-3 lbs so i started at 193. today i saw 190 again so im happy! its like my body doesnt want to get out of the 190s lol
its ok we can do this. oh and something i have learned is that there are foods that break little stalls like that. such as watermelon and apples. (those work the best for me) another thing would be to change up your excercise. one of the big ones would be to swim. you use every muscle in your body for swimming and this will usually cause a stall to end after a couple days. : ) hope i helped.