Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default The "Experienced" thread continued again again...

It appears that the old "Experienced" thread far exceeded its limits & has been closed... so to all, but especially those of us who have been at this a while...

To visit the old thread, go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ued-again.html...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 08-07-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #2  

Am I the only old-timer around today?.. I hope everybody in the usual group are out having a SUPER Sunday afternoon... too hot here for any outdoor activity... maybe I'll venture out to WallyWorld in a bit to stock up on salad ingredients & veggies, thank goodness for my car's air conditioner...

My new trainer at the gym has put me on a new diet that she's developed... so far, it looks like what I can only describe as part-way between IP Phase 2 & Phase 3... a little fruit added, but no other carbs... still high protein & high veggies... since last Tuesday, I've lost about 4 lbs., so it must be okay... her workouts are tough, but just what I've been needing... I'm really ready to have a waist again!..

hugs
Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #3  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Am I the only old-timer around today?.. I hope everybody in the usual group are out having a SUPER Sunday afternoon... too hot here for any outdoor activity... maybe I'll venture out to WallyWorld in a bit to stock up on salad ingredients & veggies, thank goodness for my car's air conditioner...

My new trainer at the gym has put me on a new diet that she's developed... so far, it looks like what I can only describe as part-way between IP Phase 2 & Phase 3... a little fruit added, but no other carbs... still high protein & high veggies... since last Tuesday, I've lost about 4 lbs., so it must be okay... her workouts are tough, but just what I've been needing... I'm really ready to have a waist again!..

hugs

Hi Aunt Sheshie...

I'm here. Thanks for starting up the new thread. I was wondering when the site was going to figure out we were way over the 500 post limit.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi All - I've decided to come of 'lurkerville' and join the discussion. I hope you don't mind my joining this thread. It just feels like a better fit than the 'newbie' forum. I started IP 2 months ago and I weigh 30 lbs less than I did on May 11 (20 on IP.) Yay! I LOVE this diet and I LOVE being a size 10 -- haven't been there for 40 years! Thank you all for your encouragement, wisdom & wit. You've helped more than you know.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #5  

I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I'm crashing too! I have been on IP for almost 10 weeks, I can't believe it! I am so close to 20# and being more than 1/2 there. I have my WI tomorrow instead of Wed. because I have to be out of town and I am praying to hit the 140's. It is a short week for me so not sure if I will get it this week, but I snuck a look-sy at my scale and I am SOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOSE.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

I'm crashing too. I've been at this for 5 months and loving the success. I've never lost weight on a diet like this before!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #8  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
I'm crashing too. I've been at this for 5 months and loving the success. I've never lost weight on a diet like this before!
Ditto!! But at 6 months!! LOL!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
Me too! Before I started IP I read all the Stickies (thanks for a lot of yours Jordana) and since then I have been reading Dr. Tran's book and going to his website. I am starting to feel like an "experienced" IPer!!

I do agree that a lot of people are posting without going back and reading the sticky's. Maybe since they are consolidated now people don't really see them as answering their questions.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

hugs
Congrats to you! I can not wait to have fruit and my greek yogurt, that is one of the reasons I never cheat. lol. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Thanks for starting the thread!
I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down. Sounds like everyone is having great success this week.
Pray for rain!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #12  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:

Can you give me some more info on the diet she put you on? I'm starting to worry about a minor upward trend on my scale... I could use some advice before I jump back on the big train.

Thanks for any input you have.

Chris
Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #13  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down.
That sounds like a great plan!! I've been nervous just thinking about weaning off of the phases, but hearing from you makes me feel like I will be able to maintain when I get to goal too!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Auntie - thank you for starting the new thread.

I would be interested in knowing the diet too... but I have a few more months on phase 1, each week I am getting closer I am inching to my 90% and am trying to get as ready as I can for phase 2 and 3 and 4...

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I finally got most of my lawn done... battery kept dying on my mower... lawn I swear was just about 2 feet tall, from all the rain... and today rain and clouds all day... oh well suppose to be nice during the week while I am in the air conditioned office where I have to wear a sweater...
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #15  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Thanks for starting the thread!
I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down. Sounds like everyone is having great success this week.
Pray for rain!
i've been fluctuating between 145 and 147 ever since i started phase 2. it's getting annoying. my coach was out on thursday, so i met with the doctor and he said that i need t stay on phase 2 until i get to 140 so that when i go to phase 3 i'll have room to get back up to 145. the problem is that phase 2 isn't making me lose any weight. i'm going to see how it goes for the next couple of days and if i still don't lose anything i'll start doing phase 1 every other day, otherwise i'll just be stuck on phase 2 forever. i just want to be done so that i can start my exercise classes and get rid of this floppy belly, arm and thigh skin!
Closed Thread