Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Raaaaaant >:(

So I know this serves no real purpose other than to blow off steam, but I am so sick of feeling gross when I go to try on clothing. I mean, I've lost almost 50 pounds, but every day that I spend obsessing over calorie counts feels like such a sham when I go to buy new clothing and I still look like crap.

Honestly, it's not like anything can change this, but being my height REALLY sucks. I mean, I won't even be normal-weight in appearance after 10 more pounds...heck, most 5'1"-ers have to go all the way to 125-130 just to look average weight. I know it's simply the reality of things, but every day is getting more and more painful when after all this hard work, I still have fat thighs that look huge in jeans, I still am thick looking from the side, I still have a lot of pooch and my arms are still huge. I mean HOLY ****, I don't even want to be skinny, just average...chubby-average, even. Arghhhh.

Buying jeans tonight was one of the most heart breaking experiences I've had in a long time. Down 50 lbs, and I still can't wear the things I want. Still have the same crummy shape I had before. Still can't feel good about anything I cover myself with. Meh.

-end rant-
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #2  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

I feel ya. <3
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4''

I'm 5'4'' and at 152 (7 pounds from a normal BMI) I thought I'd be looking only slightly overweight by now. Wrong. My stomach is like an unshrinkable mass, my arms are still thick, I wish it was all in my head.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by popspry View Post
I'm 5'4'' and at 152 (7 pounds from a normal BMI) I thought I'd be looking only slightly overweight by now. Wrong. My stomach is like an unshrinkable mass, my arms are still thick, I wish it was all in my head.
^ This. How I feel every day . If only after "X" number of months dieting our bodies would just give us the benefit of the doubt and drop the last 25 lbs as an act of good faith. Harumph.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Sorry you are feeling crappy There are so many things about weight loss that are sooo frustrating!!

Strangely, I have sort of your opposite problem. At 162, I look in the mirror and feel like I look pretty 'normal', or at least not just a few pounds away from obese, which I am. BUT- then I see a picture of myself, or catch my reflection in a store window and I think, "Holy crap, I'm still so fat!!" It's like a punch in the stomach and it sucks!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 1980 View Post
Sorry you are feeling crappy There are so many things about weight loss that are sooo frustrating!!

Strangely, I have sort of your opposite problem. At 162, I look in the mirror and feel like I look pretty 'normal', or at least not just a few pounds away from obese, which I am. BUT- then I see a picture of myself, or catch my reflection in a store window and I think, "Holy crap, I'm still so fat!!" It's like a punch in the stomach and it sucks!
That latter situation is usually what puts me in a funk, too. I know I don't look -bad-, I've definitely looked worse, but it's the dressing room 360 degree mirrors that kick the wind outta me.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #7  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

I think at some point during the weight loss process, WE all have to go through the phase of looking awkward. I'm 5ft tall and when I put on a lot of weight (I ballooned to 140lbs from 95lbs) I looked like a ball, and when I jump, it felt like bouncing. 2 months ago, I decided its time to shed the weight. A month later I lost 20lbs and eventhough I felt good and people started noticing how much I've lost weight, I look in the mirror and my arms were HUGE! Everything else were shrinking except my arms. I wasn't ready to wear anything that would show my arms or shoulders. I waited another two weeks before I finally found the confidence to try on a spaghetti strap top and to my surprise the BIG ARMS were gone like they were never there. No loose skin too!

Just hang in there! It will all shrink in no time at all. My favorite part of my body right now is my stomach. Even at 95lbs, I've never had my stomach as flat as what I have now and I am still needing to lose 10lbs (my doctor recommended I stay around 100lbs as my healthy weight. I've always been 95lbs all my life except for the last 3-4 years when I got lazy and binged)
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #8  
I think I can...

Sorry you're feeling bad and what better place to rant than here. You may not be where you want to be but you have made some great progress and undoubtedly look and more importantly feel better than you did when you were 50 lbs heavier! Keep doing what you're doing!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

As a fellow shorty, I know just what you mean.

I still have so much work ahead of me, and I know my appearance will improve, but I'm never going to be willowy. It's just not the way I'm built. Round ribcage, quad-tastic thighs, wide-hips, big boobs on a short torso. It's never going to add up to looking cute in clothes. I remember shopping when I was thinner. It was NOT easier.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #10  

If you haven't seen a full length picture of yourself, take a look at one. We often have a mind that sees us as fat in a mirror but in a picture we see we don't look so bad after all. I'm 5'4 and aiming for 135 because I still look cubby to myself in the mirror and I wear a size 8-10 now. When I saw a picture of myself, I thought wow! There is a difference. It doesn't help when I go clothes shopping, however, I still head for the large size and 16 jeans and then wonder when they fall off when I put them on.

The other thing is weights. Cardio is great for health but its weights that tone your body. I do weights 3 times a week and it has helped a lot.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopdoop View Post
That latter situation is usually what puts me in a funk, too. I know I don't look -bad-, I've definitely looked worse, but it's the dressing room 360 degree mirrors that kick the wind outta me.
Dressing room 360 degree mirrors kicked the wind out of me even when I was slim. They're cruel to everyone. Maybe it's wise to avoid them until you genuinely feel confident looking at yourself in a normal full-length mirror?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote