View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
twinmommaplusone
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Good for you. If you don't mind my asking, at what point weight-wise were you when you started running?

THANKS EVERYONE!

To answer your question, I started attempts on occasion to run when I was about 290lbs....but when I decided I would try to learn how to earn how to run at least 3 miles...I was 265lbs!

It was ok...I never ran into knee problems or any real injury. It was hard of course and in the beginning I could not even run a minute.

I did not follow a c25k program...I basically decided that 3-4 days a week I would go 3 miles and each time I pushed myself with a run/walk routine!
Took 3-4 months and I had my base of 3...then I pushed to 3.5 then 4 then decided I would throw it all to the Wind and Train for my first ever race....HALF MARATHON! LOL. Pretty adventageous, huh! Well at 200lbs and just 9 months after starting the running I ran that half in 2:29 for a 10:45 mile!
I Lost 150lbs in 1yr 11months-maintaining for over 14months now! Calorie Counting taught me portion control - I became a Runner- It was NOT easy- A lot of sweat, blood and tears but now I run Marathons I love Running - and not just what it has done for my body but what it has done for my soul. I online coach new runners and those losing weight with a holistic approaches to healthier living!
You Can Find my Work-outs, Recipes and Running while losing tips here
www.CalorieCountingRunnerGirl.com/
Facebook "Like" CalorieCountingRunnerGirl
http://www.facebook.com/CalorieCountingRunnerGirls
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote