I'm cool, I'm calm
I'm gonna be okay! Uh huh
I love myself today
Not like yesterday
Take another look at me now
'Cause it's your last look
Your last look forever

-Bif Naked-

We haven't had this thread up for a while so I thought I would bring it back.

For those of you newbies this thread was originally inspired by the fact that I had the song " I love myself today" by Bif naked stuck in my head and I thought - "why don't we have a thread that helps us feel good and empowered?" So here it is

Feel free to post about things you like about yourself, something good that happened to you this week, something nice you did for your self, something you did that made you feel empowered or motivated you in your weight loss journey or in your life in general, something you feel thankful for or a good samaritan moment where you helped someone else - good Karma!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-16-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:51 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Okay, I will start.

I feel really good about myself today because I have managed to stick to my exercise routine for 5 weeks in a row I am feeling healthier, stonger and much more energetic than I have for ages and I am actually getting stuff done around the house that I have been putting forever due to lack of energy and inclination.

I think that I feel empowered because I am really taking control of my weight and health this time and not doing it in a half-assed manner! ...although only having half the weight in my *** would be a good thing but I am working on that too

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-16-2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh! Well THAT helps!

I feel good about myself because I'm on my third week of my diet and I've barely cheated at all.

And I'm wearing my pedometer constantly, and logging my steps.

And like you; Mauvais, I'm getting some things done around the house.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:07 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I worked out this weekend (even though I ate like a pig and wanted to give up) and I feel so much better for it.

I got my report card from last semester and all those lonely nights studying instead of partying paid off and I got all A's!

I cooked dinner (instead of eating out) all last week!
Old 06-17-2003, 01:21 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

CONGRATULATIONS JESSICA!!!! GREAT REPORT CARD!!!!!

I went to a women's dinner party (Chinese food!!) at the home of a woman I am just getting to know. I didn't know anyone else there, but had a WONDERFUL time!!! I know I am loud and obnoxious here, but when I am in a situation like that I am usually feeling shy and awkward. Tonight I got over that VERY quickly and just had a great time.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:14 AM   #6  

We are all very wonderful.

Den, good for you... I know how difficult those situations are for you. (having EXACTLY the same problem MYSELF! )
Old 06-17-2003, 10:42 AM   #7  

Yay Ellis! You are doing great -keep it up!

Congratulations Jessica

Good for you Den, glad you had a good time!

I felt good yesterday because I resisted the temptation of buttertarts! I had to have an iron will to do that since they are my favorites, oh and I had a coffee at Timmy's on the way home from WW last night and DID NOT have a maple doughnut!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #8  

Oh, tee hee! (giggling like a schoolgirl) -when my friend and I were walking home from WW last night 3 guys in an armored truck drove past and waved at us! And I am all like "Hey don't you guys have something better to do- like guard some money somewhere?!?" My friend just laughed and said " hey, guess we still got it!"
Old 06-17-2003, 12:51 PM   #9  

Oh Mauvais... how VERY sweet. You hot babe, you. (congrats on the buttertarts, babe)
Old 06-17-2003, 01:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Big WOOHOOs all around to everyone!

Mauv, you're doing awesome & you're an inspiration to me!

Congrats, Jessica on those grades and for sticking to your work-outs!

Den, that's really great - I am very conscious of myself in situations like that, too. I'm SO glad you let go & had a good time!

Ellis - how many steps do you find yourself taking in a day? I have a pedometer, too - I need to dig that bugger out.

As for me... I had a revelation of sorts & I still feel kind of high from it. I've been thinking that I might want to have a child (I've gone back & forth on this for years) - and I read a book about the "pre-conception" time... basically, things that everyone should think about before getting pregnant (nutrition & exercise, genetic abnormalities, toxins to avoid, birthing options, etc.) - and I realized something. I cannot, will not, even THINK about getting pregnant until my body, the place my child would be created and grow into a little person, is in tip-top condition. First of all, how can a baby get proper nutrients to develop if I'm not feeding myself well? And I'm already scared to death of labor, lol - there was an entire chapter dedicated to the increased risks, problems and trauma that overweight women endure during pregnancy and labor. And since I would be that child's primary adult example/role model, do I really want them to learn my behaviors? Would I really wish for my child to suffer all the pain, frustration, anxiety and hurt I've experienced because of my overweightness? Do I want them to lose their mother at age 50 because I didn't take care of myself? To watch me suffer with my weight and related illnesses?

**** no!

So... before I will even seriously discuss the possibility of having a child, I have to change my ways. I need to know that I did everything possible to have a healthy & happy child. Am I doing this for my future children... no - I am doing it for me. For my peace of mind. It's for my future and my health... but since their health is a direct by-product of mine, I cannot, in good faith, inflict this on them. I just can't.

Holy cow, I totally rambled. But I am happy that even though losing weight is essentially a selfish thing, I saw it from a different & important angle.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:18 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lunula, you are loving yourself! Good for you!
Old 06-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Lunula - I think that's a very smart decision. What a way to share the love!

Mauvais - Maple doughnut? I didn't even know they existed... and you resisted? WAY TO GO!
Old 06-17-2003, 02:53 PM   #13  

Good for you Lunula! You can do it!!!

Jessica - they are called Canadian maple, they are sort of like a Boston cream- they have a lovely custard filling and are topped with maple flavored icing! Delish
Old 06-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lunula-GOOD FOR YOU!! Great thinking too.

Mauvaix-WOO WOO!!! (By the way, DS12 loves those maple doughnuts too!!!)

Ellis-You are doing REALLY well sweetie!!

HI!! to Ruth and Jessica!!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:17 AM   #15  

Lunula, what an exciting decision! You're an inspiration for those of us who already HAVE children!
I really admire people who THINK about whether or not they should have children. Most of us just plunge into it (myself included) thinking it's "the thing to do". Without weighing the consequences. NOT that I ever regret having children, but there are a lot of lousy parents out there.

Lunula... go here...
http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/walk.htm

On it is a link to a chart you can print out. It's good... it gets you to gradually increase your distance each week. I'm on Week Five, and I have to walk 3500 steps on at least 5 out of 7 days. So far it's been really easy accomplishing the goals...
The first week you just "live life normally" while wearing your pedometer. Just to see what level you're at. I was pretty seditary, and averaged 2500 steps a day. Now I'm usually doing 3800 to 6000 a day.

love to everyone!! Keep up the good loving!
Closed Thread