Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Default Stuffing Chicken Breasts with Greek Yogurt Sauce or Veggies?

I'm really liking the stuffing chicken breasts with Greek Yogurt but I'm not sure it will taste right. I'm a lazy cook so anything that is simple I'm willing to try. Have you tried this or think it's an ok experiment.

1. I was thinking of taking a tsp of dry soup mix and combining it with greek yogurt to put into the chicken breast to bake.

2. I was also thinking of shredding some vegetables and shoving that with some pesto into a chicken breast.

3. I was thinking of putting jack daniel's sauce into chicken.. That one is more for my boyfriend than me.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

I have never "stuffed" chicken with greek yogurt, but I'm sure it would be great- though it might leak out/melt all over the place. I have marinated chicken in yogurt before, frequently, for Indian food recipes and it keeps it moist and delish! All of the ideas you came up with sound great! I also like stuffing chicken with light laughing cow wedges mixed with herbs, lean ham lunch meat slices, and asparagus stalks- it looks pretty, too. Pretty much stuffed anything is delicious- so you should do it!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #3  

I would cut up the breast into smaller pieces (like 2 or 3 bites worth) and use the yogurt mix as a marinade - then bake or broil briefly. That will create a nice sauce and get more flavor into each chicken bit versus stuffing the whole breast. Pour it all over vegetables and/or starch of choice and enjoy. I would not use JD unless you are going to precook it enough to burn off the booze - too strong of a taste - you could simmer the JD, let cool and then mix in a marinade. Chicken breast just does not require that much cooking time especially if you cut it up. The cutting in smaller bits aside from the benefit already mentioned about flavor penetration, usually results in a more evenly cooked and moist result. Let us know.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

I have never done it with yogurt, but I have stuffed it with a low fat cream cheese flavored with garlic. Thank I food processed some homemade bread into bread crumbs, and dipped the rolled up chicken and cream cheese in milk, roll in bread crumbs, spray with olive oil spray and bake in the oven. Gives you a stuffed "fried" chicken taste. Really good!
BakingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I've never eaten laughing cow cheese before. It sounds interesting to try. I think I may head out to buy some chicken now to let marinate for dinner. I was thinking more of the Jack Daniel's Marinade brand that they have at the store. I don't buy too much alcohol that sounds like a lot of money and time to be spending on some chicken. I never really thought of greek yogurt as a marinade! This is awesome! I need to look into making an olive oil spray or buying one. It sounds very convenient instead of drizzling and wiping it. I wonder if some fiber cereal would be a good substitute for the homemade bread. I've never made bread before.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Here are some good recipes, but once you make one, you can certainly change it around to make your own, depending on what you like:

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken

Chicken Saltimbocca

Chicken Rollatini w/Prosciutto and Cheese

Chicken Rollatini w/Spinach alla Parmigiana

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Broccoli and Cheese stuffed Chicken
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote