Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#351

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-17-2003, 09:03 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Wooo Hooo!

Do I feel better or what?! Yeah, yeah....I know. It's all about me. I'm gonna try to get caught up with everyone, so this may take me a little while. Bear with me if you can.

Terri: Yea! More pictures of the puppy! I absolutely love your rottie. I had one a long time ago and he died. It took me a long time to get over it, but I finally got another one. That one got stolen. Since then, I've just not had the heart to get another one. Thanks for sharing your pictures of your "baby" with us. P.S. Unfortunately, I will have to go back to WW this coming Monday. I had to help my granny this last Monday and I didn't get to go. I sure do wish we had one of those centers where you could go when you want instead of meeting at the church only on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Connie: Thank you so much for re-reading what I said and understanding. As we come to know each other better, you'll know I would never ever hurt anyone here on purpose. I was more or less trying to explain myself. I sure am glad thats over now and we can move on to getting down to business. Night shift huh? Yuck. Been there...done that. I'll say a prayer for your Dad.

Deb: You should definitely get bonus points for yardwork. I'd rather do the WATP video six times in a row than to get out and hoe the garden! 15 lbs on the scale huh? You are wasting away!

Barb: hehe....well, I'm not the best, but...... I was happy to help you. I knew you were just on the verge of getting it, I just had to tip you over. P.S. You can definitely tell the difference in your face. Way to go girl. I am VERY proud of you!

Sandy: Thanks for the recipe sweetie. While I am not a real big pumpkin fan....I bet the family would love it, and it won't hurt a one of them to eat better, right? Also....very proud of you for staying on the wagon today. I had one leg hanging off....but I managed to pull it back inside by verbally saying aloud, "NO!" to those chicken wings that were calling my name, much to the bewilderment of dh.

Kat: Ok, I'll tell them. No, you do it, ok? I got a mental picture of you pulling maple trees out of your flower garden and it cracked me up!

2cute:
Quote:
I am working on it... and with the help of all of you I just might make it.
Isn't it the truth? We all need one another, and we will make it with one anothers help. P.S. I want you to know....(thank you very much) I was humming "Rawhide" all day! P.S.S. In case I haven't said it, AWESOME on the 8 lbs.

Amanda: 2 lbs. is definitely nothing to sneeze at! At this point, 2 lbs. would be monumental for me. Way to go! That's awesome!

Mary: Hey there Miss Thang..... You sound exactly like me. I start out the day with such good intentions and then I get home and it all goes to blazes. I'm doing better though. Definitely staying away from the diet coke though. It is water...water, water for me. Congrats on being re-elected, I hope it's what you wanted. Also, I couldn't get the pictures to pull up for me. It told me the page could not be displayed.

Thin: Thank you so much for the recipes. I know I can always count on you for good ones. Thank you again for saying what you said earlier. I can always count on you to say basically what I want to say....but better. You are the best, lady. So glad to have you around here with us more often. In a selfish way, I'm glad you weren't elected. I sure do like seeing that little devil of yours around here.

Joe Anne: That is an absolutely awesome picture of you under your name. I love it and how pretty you are. I liked what you said about the "wagon built just for you". Sometimes we have to be strong and steer our own wagon, but it sure is nice to know we have friends that want to come along with us, huh?

Lori: 2000 calorie burn off! Good Lord woman, I thought you said that Bri went home! Doesn't it feel good when you get back to "your old self". I haven't seen many of those days lately, but hopefully, I'm heading back that way.

Whew...... I am finally done. I have posted to everyone that has posted on this thread and now I'm pooped. It sure does feel good though. I hope you all have a wonderful evening and I will pop back in, in the morning.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Shoot! I had to stop and read, didn't I? I need to get into the shower and maybe sneak a catnap before work, and that darn computer always calls to me...."PSSSSSSSSSSSSST! Comeeah!"

So now I have to tell the news!

It appears that one Miss Tina/QueenB, in her quest to follow a certain race car driver to the ends of the earth, (or at least the USA) will be making a pilgrimage to Connecticut in July. Wellllllll, you can't get to CT without passing NJ, so by hook or by crook, we're going to plan some sort of get together!!!!

I'm so excited!

So who else in this neck of the woods? Michelle, Steph...what do you say???? Anyone else? Come on, come all!!

So that's the news...I really have to go shower now.

ps: Welcome back, Connie!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-17-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:40 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Well, I'm totally bummed! Miss Tina didn't make her pilgrimage to Michigan to see Tony poo this past weekend so I didn't get to meet up with her.....What's the deal?????? Maybe I'm at the wrong end of the earth!!! Michigan was alot closer to Tennessee than Connecticutt for goodness sakes! Maybe she just doesn't like me!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Leroy and Damian

Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Try again

Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 PM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Once again
now isn't that a cute face

Last edited by Grannie39074; 06-17-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:03 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Found this for the frozen pie fans:

Snickers Pie
3 Points Per Serving

1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened

2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter

1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix

1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping

1 tsp Chocolate Syrup

In a large bowl: 1 pint Vanilla Non-Fat Frozen Yogurt, softened in microwave for 1 minute high 2 tbls Chunky Peanut Butter 1/2 package Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Topping Mix well and pour into 8" pie tin. Freeze until set. Before serving drizzle 1 tsp Chocolate Syrup over entire pie in swirl motion.

Serves 8
Old 06-17-2003, 10:04 PM   #9  

Default Re: Wooo Hooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB

Lori: 2000 calorie burn off! Good Lord woman, I thought you said that Bri went home! Doesn't it feel good when you get back to "your old self". I haven't seen many of those days lately, but hopefully, I'm heading back that way.
Ahhh, it is so good to have the old gang posting, especially when they come off with goodies like these.

Seriously, in addition to workouts and walking, there is also housework, gardening (my flower bed is one of my summer projects), romping with the cats, shopping downtown or at the mall--if it means moving, I'm going to do it! (hint: 20 minutes of vigourous lovemaking burns at least 120 calories ) got to admit my arms have been sore for a couple of days from the wall push-ups I've attempted--but I work through it.

I think my metabolism also kicked back in high gear with the help of the Synthroid, but don't quote me on that just yet

Brian may be back in the fall for a visit, if not sooner, or if he can rearrange his schedule, he may be joining me in Atlanta when I do my film role; production begins in July, according to my agent.

My, everyone is so chatty today! Someone must be doing something right--keep it up everyone!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:02 AM   #10  

I'm going to get off a quick post for the night.

Mary - Congrats on your re-election

Amanda - you lost 2lbs, that's great , obviously the walking is paying off.

Barb - so nice to put a face with a name; your wt loss really shows in your face; you do look brighter.

Tina - glad we cross that bridge; now to continue the journey.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my dad.

The recipes sound so good - I've got to try the Snickers Pie. If anyone has recipes that serve 1-2 people, please post them.

I'm sure you ladies are in dreamland right now, so I will say goodnight. Sweet dreams
Old 06-18-2003, 01:19 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies.

Connie.. I am not in dreamland.. yet. LOL
I am soooo happy you decided to stay. Emotions are a funny thing.... especially for women. LOL Mine have been going WILD the last month or so. I am happy I am finally getting back to more normal.

Barb... What great photos !!!! Your weight loss really shows !!!
I love it when the face shows a loss. When I was at my top weight... my face was a huge round ball. I just cried looking in the mirror. I have only lost 41 lbs and I weigh much more than you... but my face shows a difference too.

Kat... Grrrrr ... I am jealous. I guessed that you and Tina were meeting up somewhere. When is anyone coming to Oklahoma?
oh yeah... next spring EVERYONE is coming. I am planning a get together for all of us. ARe you all saving your money... I expect ALL OF YOU HERE.

I had a hard day chasing my grandkids... and then wasted the rest.
I did cook some awesome chicken and rice for dinner though.
Mmmm good. I put a Mexican flair to it. And then sliced some fresh strawberries and angel food cake topped with strawberry yogurt for dessert.

I have to make up for my wasted day tonight... so I can't respond to everyone.
Just wanted to say again.... how happy I am to be back... and even more happy that most of you are happy to have me back.
Love to all !!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile It's Working

I had a 2.25 pound loss this week. I guess all this walking is working.
I just wish I could have done it before graduation. Anyway my picture avatar is my newest since May, I am still learning all this photo software stuff.
Ok one more thing I have to mention, I had a good weight loss this week but I am still 1/2 pound above my new years start weight, I was really hoping to get below that, before I go on my trip next week.
I'll keep working on my eating and do at least one day of resistance training before Sunday maybe that will help.
You all have a good day tomorrow and I'll check on you lighter

Goodnight
Old 06-18-2003, 06:04 AM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks -
Just a quickee note to say good morning. I am on my way to the airport but had to check on my gals before I left. I am taking my laptop so I'll try to check in tonight before bed!
Have a GREAT DAY!
Barb
Old 06-18-2003, 09:41 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Oh my, my, my...that pie looks good! I just need to grab some frozen yogurt, I have all the other ingredients...I'm set. PMS--do your worst!

Mary, that little guy is precious! What a sweet face! Can I hold him?

2cute2Bagrandma: Taking care of little ones is WORK! You earned the rest of the day off! Besides, to me, a wasted day does NOT include making a nice dinner! AND dessert, for goodness sakes! Oh and by the way... I'll see YOU next spring!

I have to tell you all about the most gruesome thing that happened at work yesterday. Most of you know I work nights in a small community hospital. At that very same hospital, yesterday, on the day shift, a patient threw himself through a 4th floor window and fell to his death on a second floor rooftop. He was my age. (45) If I'm not mistaken, I went to high school with this guy. Didn't know him, just who he was. Isn't that freakish?? I can't imagine being the poor patients looking out their windows and seeing that! Apparently he didn't die right away, they worked on him out on the rooftop, but were unable to save him, the damage was too extensive. So incredibly sad.

Iwanted to get everyone with replies, but I just realized I have to get my butt over to my son's school library, where I volunteer. Last day for us, time to pack up the books! As usual, I'm late.

Have a great day everyone...

hey! Guess what? It's raining again!
Old 06-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I'm off sync so far this week

Well, I just got up this morning. Previously this would have been early for me, but I liked it when I was getting up earlier and could go out and walk in the morning before my family was up. I will accompolish that tomorrow. I can still redeem today by going out for a walk though. Today is not like yesterday!!! I just stayed up too late last night for my new lifestyle.

Yep, I fell off the proverbial wagon yesterday. My daughter and I went to the store between her dance classes to get some lunch. She wanted a burrito. I had good intentions, but they were all out of the individually wrapped ones so I ended up buying a bag of 10. Then instead of the stir-fry vegis and shrimp I had planned for lunch I had two of the burritos because we were short on time. I only wish I had stopped there, but I didn't. I ate three more of them over the course of the day/evening. Then to top it all off I had brought home a DiGiorno pizza for supper and we ate that. I did at least make a salad to go with it, and I had only two of the smaller pieces which is a switch for me. So I feel like I did okay at dinner and on a day when I didn't have so much fat in the day I could do that again.

I started using Fitday yesterday. I actually saw how I sabotaged myself after entering all my food. I was shocked to discover I have a hard time getting enough carbs. I like my carbs but I guess when I'm trying to reduce I cut them out. Anyway, I have my menu all planned out today. I will be more successful today than yesterday.

That is all for today ladies. Hope you are all doing well today and that you are up on that wagon rather than being run over by it.

Closed Thread