Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #1  

Angry Time for SERIOUS FUN #6

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:29 PM   #2  

Missy, I found that wonderful site I was telling you about. Anyone who is looking for anything just pop on over to this site, it's even got an unofficial pts calculator.....shhhhh don't tell or they will take it away I am sure...

http://www.stormpc.com/ww/
Old 06-17-2003, 03:16 PM   #3  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

great! thanks peek! i will surely check that out!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 06:40 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Missy - I got all of my WW stuff off eBay. Hope you find what you are looking for at the site Peek found. As far as the recipes - I cook old fashioned stuff, too, since my DH likes a real meal. There is a free trial recipe calculator at recipecalc.com . I actually bought mine ($24.00)before the trial period was over because it is so handy. Now all of our favorite recipes have been given WW points values right on the recipe card. Very handy.

Faye - Keep those girls harnessed, woman!! LOL!!! I like Splenda, too, and use it to sweeten lots of stuff that the fam doesn't even know about. WAY TO GO on the 2 pounds lost! You are just kickin' it, girl.

Hi to Elle, Lori, Sandy and anyone else I might have missed.

I had lots of fun in the pool with the twins. We were all worn out and I personally had a nice nap. According to their mommy, so did they!

Well, I'm headed for the swing on the front porch with DH. See you later.
Jana
Old 06-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #5  

Just a note: Tomorrow is Wednesdays woes. If you have an issue you would really like to discuss, tomorrow is a good day for it!

I measured myself tonight and was pleasantly surprised that since May 8 when I bought some new capris for our vacation, I have lost 2 inches off my tush and 4 in my waist! Yippee for the ole water aerobics! I tend to be more anxious about the inches than the scale number anyhow so I was glad that I wasn't imagining it , that I really am losing it!

Have a good night girls and will check in tomorrow morning!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-17-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:46 AM   #6  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Got a gripe, having trouble, need some help? Anyday is ok, but today is especially for it!

Actually, my woe today is a ? Does anyone else have trouble consistantly day after day with get hungry at a certain time? I am great until about 2 pm and then seem to be starved no matter what I do and then I want to binge. I have to really make myself busy to keep from doing so and am not always successful. We eat very early around 4 because of dh's schedule but I can't seem to shake this. I have tried eating a snack at that time everyday, but it doesn't seem to help.

I sound like a broken record these days, but it is cloudy and not raining again this morning. Thank goodness it looks like one more day of this and then we have sun again! It is not as enjoyable going to the pool when it is like this. You definitely want to put more into it when it is nice and sunny out. Lift your spirits.

Well 3 days and ole Harry Potter comes out again. I have read all the books and seen both movies, and I think about how much money this woman has made on her books! From what I understand, her first 4 printings have sold over 190 million and they have something like3 million ready to go on Saturday. If she would receive just .50 on each book.....I have never seen anyone able to capture children and adults alike in one series. They sure have perfect PR and adverstising that is for sure! I am a cheapskate though, I wait until everyting dies down and then borrow it from the library! I buy a lot of books, but I never read them more than once so kind of have slacked off doing that especially if no one else will be reading them. I just got the new Robert B Parker book and Jeffrey Deaver (which is what I am reading now). I imagine not a lot of women read Parker, but I really like him a lot. I really only read his Spenser books, but have read a couple of his others. This is Deaver's new Lincoln Rhyme book (if you saw the movie the bone collector, he was the book author). In the movie, Denzel Washington plays Rhyme and I never saw him as a black man in my mind so now he is kind of cafe au lait I guess, , because I see him how I originally did and Denzel too!

Well enough blabbing. I will come back and post when more are here this am!

TTFN
Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Faye - I read Robert B. Parker too - just love his style of writing. DD16 reads the Harry Potter books and is waiting with bated breath for the new one. About getting hungry - everyday between 2 and 2:30 I have a planned snack. It is usually a bowl of Cheerios and sometimes a small banana, depending on the points I have planned. Personally, I have to eat every few hours or my sugar dips. If I am gone at 2, I eat a fruit and grain bar that I keep in the glovebox. Are you getting the water in? How about if you fill up on "free" soup? Or just come here and talk to us til the urge passes, okay?

Not much planned for today. We're thinking about driving over to Montgomery to a flea market just for something different to do. They have an Amish restaurant there, and although some of the food is very high in points in the last few years, they have added a lot of healthy foods, too, so that is good. They also have a gift shop filled with handmade things, a bakery, and a wood shop. The quilts are so beautiful!

BBL,
Jana
Old 06-18-2003, 10:07 AM   #8  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hey Ladies
How are you all today? I'm with you Faye on the rain. We have been getting our fair share here. It's freakin' June and the low was like 45 last nite! What's up with that?
Maybe if you don't look at the clock around the time you get hungry you won't have the urge to snack. Sounds weird, but I had ths same problem. I would always get hungry at 3. So I tried to keep myself busy at work from 2:30 to like 3:30. Then once 3:30 rolled around, I was like...oh well it's only a little further till dinner, I shouldn't eat now. OR, I try to eat my lunch later. I find if I get to work (usually at 9) and wait till 10 to have my morning english muffin, then I get hungry for lunch later and can even skip that morning snack. So it's kinda all about tricking my body for me!

OK, my thing to vent about today is my health issues. This is so darn frustrating! I went back to the doctor today and they still have NO answers about my condition. She said that my T4 levels of thyroid were slightly down but my TSH level was up or something. Who knows. Now I have to go today for YET ANOTHER blood test. I can hardly stand it. It's so frustrating being 25 and feeling 50.

Hope you girls are having a super day whereever you are...I got my 2 mile WATP workout in both Monday and Tuesday so I'm proud of that!

To you WATP'ers out there, which do you do? I like the 2 mile cause 30 min. fits perfectly into my schedule. i have an older one (I think) in a pink box that's 2 miles, then a newer one "for abs" that uses a weird belt in a light blue box. Are there any other 2 mile tapes out there? Just curious.

OK back to work.

Missy
Old 06-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Good afternoon!

I too am with everyone and the rain. Yesterday we got flooded. Every road in the county but 1 was closed. Then after the waters went down the electic decided to go off. Talk about a bad day. I ended up working 15hrs and was exhausted when I got home yesterday. I guess that is one of my vents. The other is people and this image thing. Why is it when someone askes someone out they will not too so no matter how wonderful a personality a person. This is something that I have noticed thru the years is something based totally on looks. And we all know that they can be deciving(sp). Time to go have to take ds to my mothers before work. Hopefully our isp will still be working tonight and I will be able to check in.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:52 PM   #10  

Sandy: I wanted to post regarding this image thing. Not long ago, Dr Phil had on this woman who had a BIG problem with overweight people. She had the gall to come on tv and say they were taking up her space. Dr Phil dropped the ball and really didn't make her accountable for not only her reaction to people but her rudeness. I e-mailed him and let him have it and this is basically what I said:

I am sick and tired of people thinking there is something wrong with the way fat people look. The solution is the fat people themselves. If you take into consideration the health risks and in some cases inability to do things because of the extra weight and realize these are the two main reasons for needing to lose weight, then you are left with someone that doesn't fit what this world thinks is ok and that is bologna. What the heck is wrong with being fat? I don't look down at people who are extremely thin, sit in a wheelchair, are bald, wear cokebottle glasses. Just because your size is not what people think it should be makes no difference. A person is a person and just because I weigh 300 lbs makes not one darn bit of difference. Why do fat people get stared at and talked about? Because again, we don't fit what people think is OK. Just what is the measuring stick for being OK? Is 10 lbs overweight OK, but 30 isn't? Is that big belly on a man, OK, but on a woman something to snicker and make fun of? Is the butt that hangs out of Britney Spear's clothes any different than the plumber whose crack shows out of his jeans just because it is bigger? It isn't, it is just our society and the way things are skewed.

Now this is where I tend to lose some of my dear friends that are overweight, but in my soul this is true. Body image and self image are two different things. If you have a good self image, ie hold your head up, greet people like you are their equals (because darn it you ARE), dress and carry yourself well, then you will have a good body image. You may want to CHANGE that body image, but you are comfortable with the one you have and I am telling you that is VERY VERY important. You cannot expect a stranger to accept you as you are, if YOU don't accept you as you are. That does not me you cannot make changes to yourself, it just means you have accept who you are at the moment and love that! I have said over and over, I never ever let anyone talk about me, whisper, say something rude or anything else. I will confront them EVERY time, but the truth is, I rarely get that anymore believe it or not. It is because I am not ASHAMED of this big old body of mine. I am not proud of the fact I allowed myself to physically mess it up, but I am NOT ashamed of the fact I am a morbidly obese woman. That is why I have no problem wearing a swimsuit in public, shorts, tell people my weight, etc. I just make sure that what I do wear is appropriate and tasteful. You would be surprised how much respect you get if you give it to yourself FIRST.

Let me give you an example. When we went to Indiana a few month ago, I was going to the pool with my gs and daughter and a bunch of little snot boys came towards us and started laughing and one said something about she needs the exercise room more than the pool. I looked him right in the eye and asked him to repeat what he said as I had not heard him. Of course he wouldn't. Later on he and 4 of his friends come into the pool and I asked them how old they were. I told them they could not swim in the pool without their parents because they were not old enough. The posted sign said 14. They went whining out to their parents and mama looked through the window and gave me a dirty look. I just smiled and went back to playing with my grandson. My daughter said, Mom you shouldn't have been so hard on them." I told her straight out, "You didn't seem to have a problem with them being hard on me when they said what they did out in the hall!" Well, she couldn't say anything else because it was true! Suffice it to say, I never had anymore trouble and saw the boys a couple more times and asked them if they were having fun at their birthday party. I didn't blame the boys, as I am sure they get it from their parents. My children including my grandson don't have a problem with overweight people because I have demanded they respect them.

Well, there you have it. My soliliquay about fat people.

Faye
Old 06-18-2003, 05:14 PM   #11  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK here's a request. Does anyone use protein supplements or anything of the sort? Also, what are some high protein but still "healthy" things to eat and bring to work. I'm too high on the carb sitch and I need to add some protein.

Thanks guys,
missy
Old 06-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #12  

Good Evening my lovies,

Sorry to not post till now, but work is crazy with the move and all. Today the man from the Workers Comp was there....and that seemed to take like forever...then there was payroll to do....and then when I got home, I had stuff to do.......so the day has been very busy for PEEK.

My Wed. woe.......I'm exhausted....moms do it all....but, I'm not telling most of you what you don't already know. Please forgive me for being out of sorts tonight, just tired.

Missy: I know nothing about the protein supplements? Sorry.

Faye: It's okay to repeat yourself about the weather, cause the same thing is going on here. I thin summer forgot to come to Maine yet, but I know it's still early.

Jana: Pool, I wish .....it's still to cold here. Sounds like you had fun with the little ones.

Sandy: Sending you wishes of better luck with the weather there. I think you win in the rain department with floods. then to loose the power on top of that....thats a bad day...{{{hugs}}}

Okay gotta run,
Hugs.....
Old 06-18-2003, 08:08 PM   #13  

Peek: Sounds like you could use a nice quiet night. You just relax and don't worry about us here. We will still be here when you have rested and feel perky again!

Tomorrow is Time for us Thurs. My time is gonna be with
SHIRLEY so hope that turns out ok!

I will try and post early because I am going to be pretty busy tomorrow.

Have a great evening and Peek nighty night!

Faye
Old 06-19-2003, 07:14 AM   #14  

Well now girls, our little thread was way down there on the list so I figured I post this a.m and bring us up to the top so we can be found.

I finally got to bed last night around 11 and back up this a.m. at 6....all refreshed and ready to face another day.

Has anyone ever checked out the fitday.com place? It really offers a lot of info and food breakdown values and all that good stuff, I'm having a problem with the activities page but learning. Anyway it's a good way to see what your really putting into your body everyday. It even gives the nutritional breakdown (like how much you got of Vitamin k....stuff like that) so you can see where it is your lacking. It takes a little time but it's kinda neat to see.

Faye: Good luck with Shirley today...have faith, she can do it. When is it that you are going to the wedding? This weekend?

I will try to pop in from work today, but depends on how busy it gets.

Hugs,
PEEK
Old 06-19-2003, 08:23 AM   #15  

THURSDAY: Time for us Thursday. Make time out of your day just for you!

Peek: Thanks, I am sure Shirley will be fine. I am taking that picture. Can't be worse than some haircuts I have had and I don't have a problem with too short so that won't be an issue. The wedding is a WEEK from Saturday not this weekend. We leave next Thursday afternoon. I am more anxious about surprising her than the wedding itself.

Good morning to everyone else, Deon, Elle, Sandy, Michelle, Jana, Lori!

My day is full today and I don't know how I am going to work in the pool. The gate is still locked or I would go over now, but I have a hair appt at 9, nails after that, drycleaning to drop off, lunch with daughter (have to get a b-day card for gs to put his money in), I would like to look at shoes and have to go get dh at 2 and he wants to go out to eat after he gets home so guess I will have to try and get it in after we come home from dinner. I also need to get to the grocery store or he won't have any lunch tomorrow at all! At least I will have worked dinner off, but I hope there are not a lot of people there so I can do what I need to do without getting splashed on or having someone in my way, etc.

How is everyone doing with their programs and exercise? I am going super duper on exercise and my program is ok, but not spectacular like I would like it to be. I am still either losing a tiny bit or staying for the time being.

Oh here is a vanity question I need help with. Does anyone use a really good self tanner? I have what has been called, fish belly legs (white white white!) and I want to use one on my legs for the wedding since I am not wearing hose, but want a good one. I have stuff to exfoliate my legs so that is not a problem, I just need someone's suggestion if they have used one they like! Thanks

Well, I probably won't get back here until this evening. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Faye
Closed Thread