Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #1  
I think I can...

Default WTF is wrong with me!?

It was HOOOOOOOOTTTT! The kind of hot that makes you just want to pass out when you open your front door. The kind of heat where you see a haze in front of your eyes. That was maybe 3 weeks ago. Since then it's been regular summer heat like in the high 80's to low 90's. But the thing is I stopped exercising the week it was extremely hot because I couldn't due to the heat and a small barely cooling air conditioner in my home workout area. (A corner of my bedroom lol).
But when the weather went back to normal I never did! I havent exercised since! I even convinced DH to drag the old treadmill out of the garage and put it in the basement for me. It's just been sitting there and I saw someone had hung laundry on it over the weekend!
Such a familiar pattern for me and I just feel helpless to stop it! I had started C25K and had gotten thru the 2nd week.
I feel so lazy and so ashamed of myself! But why can't I snap out of this rut?
So please beat me up and yell at me so I can stop being a lazy slob and move my a**.
BTW I have gained 3 lbs.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #2  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

haha! I so recognise the feeling. I am having the 'same' issue, but then with the rain. I just convicne myself it's too gloomy to do anything. Even when the sun shines. lol.

Goodluck on getting back on track, I am doing my c25k w1d3 run tonight, or else I am afraid I'll have to start over as I was suppose to do this run on saturday already.

Just wish you the best! I know what it's like. I think all that you can really do is just tell yourself to "just do it, nike style"
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #3  
I think I can...

Ahhh Thanks Philana! Good luck on your C25K. I'll be starting all over. Have you noticed any changes in your body? The 2 weeks I did it my body was changing dramatically, especially my go nowhere belly! You would think that would've been enough to keep me going.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You got derailed because it wasn't habit yet. Jump back in now that you have publicly confessed and just do it. It is amazing to me how fast time flies when you miss days. Before you know it, it's a week!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

I had to force myself to do it for a few weeks. After a little bit, it makes it a habit! Once it becomes a habit, it's so much easier to do!! I know it's hard but when you need the boost, i'm here
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I was having the same issue as you. All of July was a wasted exercise/diet month. I finally decided that I was going to force myself to get up at 5:30a.m. to exercise. I have done this for 10 days now, I take weekends off but found myself ready to get up and exercise this morning. No more excuses, we just have to do it.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #7  
I think I can...

You guys are so right! I'll be exercising tonight!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #8  
say what?

go mzKiki!!

I went to the gym AND i went on my c25k run! And I feel completely back on track again. Amazing how excersise is so needed for me to feel like I am doing something right.

I haven't noticed much change yet, but this was just my 3rd run. I hope I'll notice a change in a few weeks. I have never run before... so I am just amazed at the 60seconds run and the not dying before the half hour is over. hihi.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #9  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I heard somewhere once that you don't need to wait to feel better to workout- you should workout to feel better. This has always been true for me when I get into a slump of being off plan and not exercising. A good sweaty workout always does the trick and gets my a$$ back in gear! So get your laundry off your treadmill and hop on TONIGHT!!!

Enjoy those endorphins
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzKiki View Post
I feel so lazy and so ashamed of myself! But why can't I snap out of this rut?
So please beat me up and yell at me so I can stop being a lazy slob and move my a**.
BTW I have gained 3 lbs.
I know your comments here might be a little sarcastic, but I'm a little concerned about your negative self-talk here. I think often we are our own worst critics. I admit I say things to myself that I would never say to another person, friend or stranger. Take a step back and understand how negative thinking is on the empty side of motivation. Taking care of yourself includes being productive and getting motivated, but the negative statements here may be counterproductive to your well-being.
OyWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Just do it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #12  
I think I can...

Well I DID IT!!!! Went back to Wk1 Day 1 and it was hard, but I feel great now.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzKiki View Post
Well I DID IT!!!! Went back to Wk1 Day 1 and it was hard, but I feel great now.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement.
Hurray!!!! WAY TO GO! Sometimes just getting back up there is the hardest step. But you did it!

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #14  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Good for you! Way to go!
Now ask yourself what you are going to do to keep your motivation? Exercise is so important to keep our bodies healthy both physically and mentally. You can't let the weather or anything else keep you from it. Heck, I live in TX. If I used hot weather as an excuse, I would never exercise. Especially this summer!!
You owe it to yourself to continue exercise on a regular basis. You can do this!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #15  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Great job!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote