Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ August

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I figured we better start an August thread before the month was over
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #3  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Gary - that cracked me up to see that... I made the swap though!

Rosebud - We are still so new that we don't know any of our neighbors, and though we think we have found a church and been there a couple times... people have far from learned our names at this point. It's hard when you move to a new area with no outside support system, but it was worth it for our dream home The kids made it through though and I sighed a big sigh of relief when I saw that... and DH kept periodically calling to insure they were ok in between (cause he knew I was a wreck, lol). I will definitely pray for your home to not get invaded...as well as for those folks that were breaking in...they obviously don't have that fulfilled heart we do with Him with us and they can obviously use that... let's hope they get reached (just not through your home ). I am also glad to hear you are taking breaks as needed as to not overdue too much.

Please keep including DD in your prayers. Her name is Amber. When they opened her knee, they found unanticipated surprises, and not in a positive way. Now the optomism of this having helped her has lowered drastically in the doctor's perspective (I am thinking he doesn't know the power of prayer). We are remaining hopeful that she will surprise them once more in a couple weeks and surpass their expectations though!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Praying for Amber's knee , trusting The Great Physician.
Pray for me as I am preparing to move about 111 miles away in a new city for me. Due to my health issues my family have determined I should be closer to them, I won't be in the same town but nearer than I am, now. This also means new doctors and a new church, all imprtant to me.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  
~Star~

bargoo - I will certainly add prayers for you - that's huge change all at once. Pray that He will make it a smooth transition for you!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

Just kickin' back...what's new!

Angie and I got a couple of miles in this morning, we had to turn back early as one of my goldens is having hip issues again

Then we took my sister and my step-daughter down the coast to a new Whole Foods that opened up. We had not been to this one before. Not as big as the one I hit up when I am working out of town and staying in our company apt. in Beverly Hills but very nice...just so $$$$ expensive...dang!

We took my uncle to a BBQ place a mile from us last night. We love to go there and sit at the outside tables with our mutts. He said they don't have too many places like that in his part of Illinois, where you can take your dogs. We always stay away from people if possible as we know that every one loves them like we do My girls get a lot of attention though...little kids just love 'em.

We are doing the Relay For Life Cancer walk this week-end. We will help kick it off tomorrow morning with a lap with my sister, for cancer survivors and their caretakers then we will follow my sister's midnight to 2am shift by walking the 2-4am slot, just like we did last year. Way freakin' cool walking that time in the morning for a great cause....come home, take a little nap then off to church....awesome blessings we have

ROSEBUD that is just too strange about the past residents Unless there was some sort of misunderstanding on her part I think I would be making a police report depending on how you feel about them. Prayers that last night was the end of it all

STAR Most of my remarks about the hot weather is tongue in cheek I am always bragging about the cool weather we have here in the summer compared to many others. It can get hot here though! Right now it is about as perfect as you can get Prayers for your daughter. As one that had several separated ligaments in his knee...then severed...I know all about knee surgeries.

BARGOO as always in my prayers. Davis, as you now, is a pretty cool place. One of the girls, a bff of my step-d and one I have known since she was 4 lives there now. Getting older can %$#@*&! sometimes

Well Ladies...gotta go do a chore for Angie...if I know what's good for me....

and I do!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #7  
~Star~

Gary - you crack me up! You SOOOO sound married! LOL! My DH says the same type of thing when I ask him for help, hehehehe!!!! The relay for life is a super way to do your exercise AND help a good cause! Perfect mix! We do the WalkforAutism Speaks and the Arthritis Walk (this one is cause of me, Amber, and my mom) every year This year Amber waited for us at the finish line...it was amazing motivation to speed up a tad I have never participated in the relay for life though...2 hr increments in the night actually sounds absolutely fabulous! Sorry to hear of your golden's hip problems... is it an older dog? I love the whole food stores in our area, but you are right, they are pricey! As for the weather you are experiencing... I am jealous! Then again... in the middle of winter, when I am out playing tennis in shorts and talk to those up in my hometown state as they are chipping ice off their roofs and shoveling driveways... I then feel the joy you do right now :P I guess it all balances out in the wash, hehehe.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We spent Friday & Saturday painting at the house; boy, such hard work and so sore afterwards, but great exercise. I zonked out for the evening on Saturday. Today is a rest day for us all; and may GOD bless our helpers -- they are awesome. We are so very grateful for their help ... thank you Denise & Maggie!!!

DH's friend put some deadbolts on the doors for us this afternoon; GOD bless his friend for that (DH said his friend was literally sweating buckets becuz it's a lot harder than he thought), as he wouldn't take any pay for it either; but he'll earn rewards from GOD for that.

Gotta go; DH needs me ...

Okay ... I'm back. We had to go over to the house to check on the locks; and I had to do some drywall puttying -- a door knob had made a hole through one wall and I wanted to get started on fixing that so it could dry. I'll have to put another coat on it, I think. We bought some more door stoppers; the kind that don't bend to protect that wall better in the future. Boy, those kids were sure hard on the doors in that house; we have to replace 1 or 2 and change the bathroom door handle, as DH keeps locking himself in there ...

We are making good progress and I am enjoying doing this in spite of the aches & pains. I must rest up good tonight so we can get a good day done tomorrow. I have some finishing touches to do in the kitchen, ie the kitchen coat closet. I searched all over for shelf paper this week and couldn't find any, so guess we will be painting at least some of the shelves too. Maybe they don't make shelving paper much anymore; I could try some of that MacTac stuff but it could get costly with that many cupboards.

DH got a new toy today: his new lawnmower finally came in (I got it on sale) -- he gets so excited over stuff like that ... it's kinda cute really. So now we can cut our grass; it wasn't getting too long yet anyways. Now we can also start taking stuff over this week as well; DH has been chomping at the bit to do that.

Had nicer temps today with a cool breeze and a few clouds that helped keep us more comfortable here. I had a nice lean pork chop steak (well, half of one really) and salad; DH had a homemade hamburger steak with tators mixed with veggies (that's how I sneak so many veggies into him now).

Hope you all had a super Sunday and have a wonderful week coming up too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-07-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #9  
~Star~

Rosebud - That sounds like great progress! I am so glad your DH's friend got the deadbolts done!!! Security for you That sounds sneaky to get the veggies, I love it!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

Angie is making fish tacos tonight so I have some time to check in while we wait for my step-d, my sister/bil and one of our nieces to join us for dinner.

Got a haircut and one of our cars smogged today while Angie took the dogs for a grooming, got a massage and facial and almost saw a movie with her daughter. I guess they got the time wrong so they went shopping....something my wife NEVER does! Well, unless Kohl's is having a sale

The relay for cancer went well. We kicked the event off with Angie teaching everyone how to do yoga stretches before the walk. She was asked about 2 minutes before the event...I guess the lady that usually does it from jazzercise didn't show. My wife was a rock star

We walked the survivor lap in the morning with my sister and were joined by an uncle, my sisters daughter and her 4 yr. old grandson. Then we went back and met my sister and niece at 2am when they were finishing their shift. We walked a few with them and then were joined by my step-daughter and her dad's fiancee, another niece and her boyfriend for the next 2 hours while my sis headed home. A great time....although a bit rough o get to 8am service at church, even though I never did go back to sleep. When you are used to getting up between 3 and 4 most mornings 1:30 was not that bad....heck I'm usually up peeing at that time any way

Had a big BBQ here Saturday too to say good-bye to my uncle, who we took back to the airport 5am Monday to send him on his way back to Illinois. Sure was good to see him.

OH!! My GRANDdaughter had her first sleep-over at Nonni's and grandpa's house Sunday night. She was so good. Angie slept with her in the guest room as she thought my snoring might wake her...imagine that .....

anyway, she woke for one feeding and went right back to sleep.

On a little sad note my golden does not have a hip injury/arthritis...it is her knee. She has torn the ligament and needs surgery...a $2,800 OUCH!! Not really a good time with work being slow and the new stock market blues...which not only hurts my savings...AGAIN...but future work.....

Prayers for all those hurting financially.....

anyway, we took her to the vet yesterday since, although seems to be better, we were concerned....and rightly so. We will take her in next week as after surgery she will need to be crated and my step-d will be bringing her wild and crazy dog over until Sunday when she and her dad take off for a Star Trek convention. Not a good time to crate Reba. She is on pain meds and doing fine right now.

Glad to see the progress ROSEBUD on that new home

STAR Speaking of weather, when my daughter was in college, over here on the coast in San Diego, I was telling one of her friends, on her tennis team, from the Phoenix area that I was interested in buying a rental there....she just looks at me confused and says..."Gary, you do know it is always 110 or higher there don't you?"....lol....I do know it can feel almost like that...she talked me right out of it...we headed to Washington instead

BE GOOD
Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #11  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HOWDY ~ yes, we are making good progress; the kitchen & livingroom are done and now two bedrooms as well. We have just half of the hallway left becuz we are doing it in a different color; and the smallest bedroom to do. That leaves only the side entranceway which needs painting badly.

I am gonna put a PRAYER REQUEST in the prayer thread for my SIL's SIL, MAGGIE, who had been helping us painting. She is awesome, and has worked so hard for us; but she had a wee fall a couple of days ago -- nothing broken or anything, just sore.

WE had cooler weather for the last two days and it was so nice to work in that; but my body is complaining more. I am taking it easier tomorrow; just gonna rest again. Our phone & internet will be put into the new house tomorrow, so will only be able to go on the net when we are over there from that day on. I think I set the date too early; but the girl was so insistant about it.

We are starting to take stuff over there as well; my new desk should go up tomorrow if we can figure the directions out OK. Hope you all have a great week too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-09-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, hope things have improved with the former owners and they have learned that it is no longer their place. I hope Maggie is feeling better, I know how sore you can be from a fall.
I will be moving, too, not a new house but a new apartment in a new town.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #13  
~Star~

Gary - That's funny! Talked you out of coming. I will say it's just 2 months out of the year that we truly "feel the burn" in a manner of speaking, lol, but it is crazy hot for sure. Can't wait til September!!!

Rosebud - Glad to hear of all the work being done and consider the prayers said! So happy you have help with the process and are able to not overdue it

Bargoo - Please be safe on your move, I know that's got to be right around the corner now
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #14  
~Star~

Rosebud - Hope you are ok? Haven't heard from you and thinking it's due to limitted internet, but you are on my mind.

Bargoo - Been keeping you in prayer too. Not sure when your move is? I know it's soon

Gary - Hope things are good with you? How is your golden doing?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #15  
~Star~

Not sure where everyone is, but hoping everyone is ok?
Closed Thread