Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default One year ago...

I joined the gym (August 4, 2010 actually) and – for the first time in my life – I didn’t quit. I have been using my membership for the past year solidly.

I started out going three times a week and my choice class was a swimming pool circuit: 15 minutes of gymnastics, 15 minutes of trampoline and 15 minutes of spinning. On December 14th, I started a diet with a doctor (no medication, she doesn’t like that. We meet to take measurements, talk about the diet and get blood work done every three to six months to keep me in check).

I kept this exercise routine until the beginning of April when I got a full membership and upped my exercise with an additional two days of treadmill. Until the end of May, my exercise routine consisted basically of cardio.

Then, at the begging of June, I started going six times a week and traded my treadmill only days for a mix of cardio (treadmill and elliptical) and a weight training circuit. So now I do the water gymnastics class 3 times a week, and weight training the other 3 days of the week (Gym is closed on Sundays and so am I).

When I started going to the gym, I had already lost 19 lb in a little under a year. Since joining, I have lost an additional 46 lbs. 46 lbs in one year. That’s a lot! Granted, it’s not as much as I wanted to lose but it’s still a considerable amount.

Right now, I’m at my most annoying plateau and I’m getting completely unmotivated. I decided to make this post to remind myself I already won one battle: I haven’t given up. For the first time in my life, I haven’t given up and I’m not going to. This may take longer than it does for other people, but I’m doing this however slow it goes.

This forum has been fundamental in the process. I just want to thank all of you.

As soon as I have my camera back, I’ll post pics (before and after) on this thread.
xoxo
thaisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Awesome progress! Can't wait to see your pics!
peace4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #3  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Your an inspiration! I'd like to lose 50-60 pounds max. And hearing your story has reminded me of how important I am!

Thanks!
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I always enjoy your posts in the 100 pound thread, so I jumped here to see what you posted. Be very proud of the fact that you haven't given up. It seems to me that we get stuck at certain points along the journey. I'm a little bit stuck at 176 right now. This is the first week since January that I didn't show at least some loss. It's very frustrating, but there are lots of frustrating things in life and we just get past them.

I love your attitude and I know you'll succeed in reaching your goal. Keep up the great work and just keep on going. Determination will pull you through.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Congratulations on sticking with it through thick and thin! What an amazing accomplishment to be steadily exercising and eating healthier
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #6  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Wow, that's amazing! And hey - you're already more than halfway there! Great job, and keep up the wonderful work!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

You're awesome!! I don't know you but I'm so proud of you. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm just like you, I'm great at starting but not so good and sticking with things. Keep going, you're an inspiration!

p.s. losing weight slowly (especially if you're doing weights) will mean that you're body is gonna be extra bangin' when you get to goal!
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

You are amazing!!!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

That's terrific! I'll bet you are buff! Congratulations!!!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Oh my God, thank you so much for the response! This is amazing and just another reminder I should not give up!

peace4me, pics are coming today!

MxThickMiddle, Yes, you are very important! That's something none of us should forget.

Lin, thank you so much! Determination tends to recoil when we're stuck but no doubt this is just another phase.

Lovely, thank you!

kaleidoscopic, yay for more than half way! I see you're not far from your goal, congrats!

alleisarang, thank you so much! Even if we don't know each other, that means a lot to hear.

Jenn, thank you!

yoyoma, not buff yet but maybe soon? Thanks!

So I took comparative pics. I decided for the first batch, I'd show my clothes from last year "fit" this year.
These were my favorite jeans last year. You can see they fit just right, almost a little tight.

And then today...

thaisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

whoo hoo!!! That is so awesome and totally inspiring! You look fantastic and your super cute too

Last night I was feeling a bit disheartened that my weight lost is not as much as I had hoped for entering my 5th mon but your post has reminded me to focus on the positive changes in my life and that it is about the journey more so then the end result. Thanks for that.

Oh and huge congrats on going to your gym solid for a year as someone that has a hard time sticking with stuff I know what a huge success that is!
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Wow, that's amazing! You've done incredible, congrats! And you look GREAT!
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I am very impressed with you sticking to it for 1 year. That's one of my goals, to stick with exercising and dieting for 1 year. I am 3 months in and you are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your success and letting us newbies know it can be done.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Thaisccs - Boy - nothing like being able to look completely down your pants to make you feel great! LOL Your photos are wonderful. No stomach in the way, big pants, yippee! Keep it up!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! You look great in your pictures!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote