Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/8

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, hope you all had a nice week-end.

First WI today, right before lunchtime. Of course now i feel heavy and bloated with a stomach ache, darn it.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone.

I hope that you all had a great OP weekend.

I stayed 100% OP. Last night after dinner I started thinking about having a chocolate! I have Dove dark chocolate singles in the fridge and started thinking about having one! I was reasoning it is not going to be too high calorie and too high carb and I could tolerate one! Well, then I got up went brushed my teeth and then flossed since I knew there was no way I would eat anything after I flossed, lol. Of course, then I remember I had not drink my last shake of the day, lol, which thankfully I thought did not require flossing, just brushing afterward! Anyhow, I felt real good for being in complete control.

Have great day.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, hope you all had a nice week-end.

First WI today, right before lunchtime. Of course now i feel heavy and bloated with a stomach ache, darn it.
Good luck.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Down less than pound this week... trying not to be discouraged. It's TOM, though, and that normally does me in. Oh well... It's also a double coffee Monday.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Down less than pound this week... trying not to be discouraged. It's TOM, though, and that normally does me in. Oh well... It's also a double coffee Monday.
Don't get discouraged. TOM is the problem. I have my first weigh in with TOM today, don't really want him there, but oh well...

Also, you are super close to your goal, I would assume the weight loss would slow down the smaller you get, that's a good thing!!!!

Enjoy the coffee!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #7  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday to everyone!
Made it 100% OP spending 3 days with 19 family members at the lake. Feels good to be in control and everyone was very supportive.
Enjoy your day!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

After a fun weekend with friends, too much birthday celebrating in July, I have let a couple pounds creep back on. Good news is that with this program, I can do a "boot camp" Phase 1 for a week and drop them right off! So guess what? 100% OP until Saturday. Should take care of the "extra" fun I have consumed. Good luck everyone!
kimvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #9  
started on June 14

S/C/G: 185/ticker/120

Height: 5.2 1/2

It is very discouraging to see the loss of only 0.4 pound. I feel crushed.
texan kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday IPers!! I had a really busy weekend!! It started off with WI#5 Friday monring. TOM showed up a little early so I knew that my WI was going to be a little off from the norm but still lost 1.5 so I'm happy! Had several NSVs this weekend. Started off with Friday night at dinner. I love Logan's Steakhouse veggie skewers so we went there for dinner. I have a wiatress there I LOVE as she remembers all my "crazy" requests (no carrots on the salad etc). Some friends joined us for dinner making our usual party of 4 a party of 6. I asked for Jacqueline's section and they told me that her section couldn't accomodate a party of 6 since her section had only 4 seater booths. They said we could wait for two booths (30 mintues or more) or sit in a different section. We opted for the different section. Needless to say, I will be waiting from now on. The waitress argued with me about the salad and everything else I requested. I politely told her that Jacqueline was always able to accomodate me. I guess I hurt her feelings because before I knew it, Jacqueline was bringing us our salads. She told me that they said the "pretty girl" at our table requested her - I had gone to the bathroom and she told her manager she didn't recognize anyone at the table but then I walked out and they pointed to me. I've never been called the "pretty girl" before. Second NSV was shopping this weekend. It was tax free weekend in Oklahoma so I went out school clothes shopping and to look for me some new pants since I have skinnied out of mine. I got to buy a size 7/8 pants!!!! I haven't been that size in about 20 years!!

I tried to get through all the messages from the weekend but didn't quite make it through. I hope everyone had a great one!!! Here's to a great OP week!!!!
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

morning everyone...try not to get to discouraged (so easier said than done). Just means next weeks wi will be great. I did a 26 mile bike ride this weekend, on Cape Cod and man I feel great! I lost 2.2 this morning at wi#13, was hoping for more, but oh well. Staying OP and I love it. I also spoke a little about how at the end of August I have to take a "break" from the clinic and try on my own (to save $) until Nov. They were so supportive and understanding! It really is a weight lifted off my shoulders. I am staying on program, just with alternatives and plan to get back, much lighter, to finish phase 1and move on to the next.

I hope everyone has a great day/week. Stay positive, you are making the right choices and they WILL show!!!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #12  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all!!!! I had a great weekend and still going strong on being OP for 8 weeks now. Still in the 150's after a weekend in the city.... made me realize that I can still do this for another 8 weeks OP and no cheats, it's getting so much easier to just walk by all the yummy looking food!!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone... Back to work Monday, time to buckle down and get to the business of losing this weight... Totally happy with my progress so far, this will be WI 24 & 25 because of the holiday Monday last week and Now I have to break in a "New" to me coach... I am finding the weekends just fly by, I wish they would last like 4 days... Everyone here is coming back from vacations all nice and tanned... the only thing real tanned on me is my feet as I wear my sandals all the time. I went to make Mexican rice last night and low and behold I had no cauliflower... how can that be? that is one of my staples... so ended up with mexican spiced roasted veg with steak instead...
I have found I am still always cold and this is after 6 months starting my 7th month today... oh well, everyone says it is because I am so skinny... (i love hearing that as I don't think it is quite true)...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #14  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday everyone, I had a great weekend. My son and I picked raspberries from our back yard this weekend. Even though I'm not allowed to have them I had a great time picking them with my boy.

I stayed OP all weekend, it was tough though, my husband wanted nachos so that put them in my mind, but I didn't have any. We also went grocery shopping and I couldn't believe all the smells that are in a grocery store....lol...I honestly don't recall smelling everything. The strawberry smell hit me pretty hard and so did the buns, but I was strong and kept on looking for items I am able to eat.

My scale hasn't moved since my last WI which I find odd as I am only in week 2 and have not gone off track at all. Fingers crossed that this keeps on working, I really don't want to get discouraged. WI in 2 days, hopefully I'll have some inch loss.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #15  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan kay View Post
It is very discouraging to see the loss of only 0.4 pound. I feel crushed.
You've had great losses so far. Sometimes your body has to adjust and it will catch up over the next week. Don't get discouraged!
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote