Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/9 - 8/14

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-14-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Its a new week! So after being stuck on 245-243 for about 5 weeks. WHOOOSH! I am at 239.8 this morning. Oh happy day!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #3  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

iamerican--Wow, what a woosh, congrats!!

Diana--Have a great week, too!

Today's Info:

Weight: No change

Breakfast: small cinnamon roll with no topping (120) (with topping it said 140...so I'm guessing?), coffee (40)
Snack: 6 pieces of Good and Plenty (50), 2 pieces of Dove chocolate (80)
Lunch: Veggie soup (120), whole grain bread (200), earth balance (40)
Dinner: 2 oz of nuts, spring mix salad w/ fat free Catalina (500)
Snack: Popcorn (300)

Calories: 1450

I've been gone this weekend getting my mom ready to go back to college. While we drove up to deepest darkest Maine, we took the coast and enjoyed the different parts of the gorgeous rocky Maine coast. I've also been studying for my midterm tomorrow. Wish me well!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
Hello! Its a new week! So after being stuck on 245-243 for about 5 weeks. WHOOOSH! I am at 239.8 this morning. Oh happy day!
Fantastic!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Iamerican Congrats on the whoosh and breaking into the 230's!

Shells Good luck on the midterm exams.

Berry Hi Check out your new avatar!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #6  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

I had a bad day.

Weighed under 160 today, and we went out to eat. And I got a buffalo chicken wrap and fries. I ate the sandwich and most of the fries. I don't know the calories for that...don't know if I want to know.

So I had half a serving of protein powder, a Special K bar, that horrible lunch, and then 280 calories worth of chicken egg rolls for dinner.

And then when I went for the three mile walk with the small pony that is my dog, it rained us out.

I doubt that 159 stayed after today.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #7  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

iamerican, way to go! Let's have a great week! I don't think I'm doing any strength training this week. We bought our DS a Wii for his birthday and I hurt my back playing bowling on Wii Sports. I've played it before without hurting myself so I don't know what's wrong. I've been taking tylenol and getting back rubs from DF but nothing is helping. It's like a knife in my right shoulder blade. It hurts to turn and breathe i'm ok if I just sit still. I might go to the gym for some cardio and maybe leg exercises, but rows and lat pulldowns are out.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
iamerican Congratulations!! Persistence sure paid off!!

:

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #9  
BlockHead =)

Maile:

re the lemon chicken:

first time I've made it and I can taste the garlic way more than the lemon but the recipe was:
2 cloves minced garlic, 4 TB olive oil, 2 TB chopped fresh parsley (love my herb garden!), 3 TB lemon juice - fresh preferred, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts. Marinade chicken at least 5 hours, cook as desired.

I didn't use fresh lemon juice so not sure if that's why I don't taste the lemon much. I will probably add some lemon zest next time.

Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well gals (and fella), I'm officially very part time employed. I was just offered the Director of Religious Education postion with our Ethical Society (much like the Unitarians - we are very much nonfaith based teaching about ethics, world religions, better treatment of others, etc).

While it's part time and the pay is crud, it's employment and something I will enjoy. I can add to my employment area something current and hopefully it will jump start a REAL job search which I plan to start this fall.

And yes, Diana, my new avatar. I'll have more pics on my blog tomorrow. It's for the 60 pounds lost. Last photo was 40 pounds lost. Can't see much difference, honestly!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #11  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone! i am here i had another day of trying to be more relaxed about my eating but it didnt go so well...i wanted everything in sight and ate far more than i should have...strangely enough, i kept it to moderation with a rhubarb crisp that i made that went with ice cream...i had more restraint with that than apparently anything else i ate today...i am stuffed but it's from a healthy chicken salad with vinaigrette dressing...although i have one more day off tomorrow, i am making it a "back on plan" day because i dont like feeling like i want to stuff myself silly with everything in sight...i was even starting to crave pizza and junk food and stuff so im not going to bother with another relaxed food day, just getting right back on plan before i fall farther off...didnt count calories or carbs today and not even sure how i would with the rhubarb crisp etc..it was mostly rhubarb, strawberries and splenda so i dont suppose it was THAT bad but still...

tomorrow i have some big cleaning projects, need to hem my pants and my son has his cousin over tonight for the last summer sleepover...then it's off to work on tuesday

tried to help my little sister, over the phone, figure out how to offload photos from her camera to her computer and email them to people...she is SOOOO computer-illiterate...she doesnt understand that you are looking at the contents of your camera on the computer and "why does it disappear when i turn the camera off?"....she cant create a folder and doesnt know how to click and drag and doesnt know what a desktop is even when i explain it to her...she calls everything an "icon" regardless of whether its an image, a folder or an application...she clicks random things within programs and then cant figure out what happened, leaving me to ask 5923 times "tell me what you see on your screen now"...very, very patiently in my best teacher voice...we did this FOR HOURS!!...and she NEVER EVER figured it out...*sigh*
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! I hope you have a great week!

Berry I could see a difference immediately when I saw it. Great job!

DZachery Have a safe/fun trip to TN!

Weigh In: 146.4
Down: 1.8 pounds

I slept better last night than I have all week.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #13  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

alaskan, you just described me and my DH. Of course it's me whose computer illiterate But he does the same as you when he's at work "tell me what you see now". We've had that talk over the phone so many times. It's funny because I thought I was the only one. He gets mad because he feels in this day and age everyone should know more, but for some reason I can't retain it. I know on and off and how to get to my mail and the rest is guess work.

Berry I like your new avatar. You look cheerier in red. That's a great color on you.

iamerican Congrats I know how important getting off of 243 is. I think I found what you lost. I don't think I'll ever leave 243, but so glad that you did.

shish I hope your back gets better soon. Our backs are so weird, my DH can pull his by bending over and picking up a sock.

mlgibson I hope today is better for you. You saw 159 so you know you can get there and if it's not there today then I'm sure you'll see it again soon.

Ugh, I just spilled an entire cup of coffee on my floor, books and electrical cords. That totally sucks. Guess I've got some cleaning to do. Have a great day every one.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Well I'm back again after another week of eating my bodyweight in food daily. Going to try my absolute best to not slip up this week. The festival / birthday season is over now so I've got the rest of August with only a few social events where I should be able to follow a much more regular diet / exercise plan.

I can never decide how to control my diet, with all these lo/no carb, wheat-free, low sugar, low fat diets around I feel like just plain calorie counting is cheating in some way, or not committing enough. My B/F has been following the Dukan diet, and the thought of that horrifies me. I think I need to get it into my head that eating whole grain, lots of fruit and veg and getting some protein is a good thing, and I don't have to cut out zillions of food groups in order to feel that my 'diet' is justified.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #15  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

themilesaway I think you're right. If you were to go on a diet you didn't feel comfortable with then chances are you wouldn't stick on the diet. I think that's whats important. You've got to find whats good for you, not what everyone else is doing. You know you best and you know what works for you. So no justification needed
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote