Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default LAWL Serving Sizes

I know how many proteins, veggies, fruits, etc. I need to eat but I need to know what constitutes a serving. Can anyone help me with this? I used to have all the LAWL books but I have moved and cannot find them anywhere.
graceey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #2  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

Default Hi!

Hi! I just saw your question now! I have all the LAWL books and plans so I can help you

1 cup raw 1/2 cup cooked = 1 veggie serving

and what other questions did you have? Be more specific with fruits and I can help you. I also have the entire electronic plan in PDF format I can email you if you want. You just download it and you have all the color plans, fast forward plans and extras. Its really great to have. So send me a pvm if your interested and I'll tell you more about it

Hope I helped! Good Luck!

Last edited by CandyCoatedSymphony; 05-27-2011 at 11:16 AM.
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #3  

Question

hi i would love that info if you dont mind but cant send a message to you a personal message yet i dont have enough posts.
kgmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

LAWL exchanges (and almost all exchange base-plans) are based on the exchanges developed by the American Diabetes Association, and the American Dietetic Foundation in the 1950's. And the exchanges haven't changed much over the years, which is nice because that means most exchange-based cookbooks can be used interchangeably regardless of plan or publishing date (DASH is one of the few exceptions, but even so it's easy to translate as 1 DASH protein exchange is equal to 3 standard protein exchanges, and 1 DASH nut exchange is equal to 2 fat exchanges, and I believe all the other exchanges are the same, if I remember correctly).

You can google diabetic exchange lists online (just as you would calorie information).

I also highly recommend the book "Exchanges for All Occasions" (especially the 4th edition, because it includes information on how to calculate exchange values from a nutrition label).

Last edited by kaplods; 05-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #5  

Default Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCoatedSymphony View Post
Hi! I just saw your question now! I have all the LAWL books and plans so I can help you

and what other questions did you have? Be more specific with fruits and I can help you. I also have the entire electronic plan in PDF format I can email you if you want. You just download it and you have all the color plans, fast forward plans and extras. Its really great to have. So send me a pvm if your interested.

I just finished the take off juice and I lost 9 pounds but I lost my book with serving sizes I would love to have that info as well. Thanks
bigelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/142/124

Height: 5'3"

"I also have the entire electronic plan in PDF format I can email you if you want. You just download it and you have all the color plans, fast forward plans and extras. Its really great to have. So send me a pvm if your interested."

CandyCoatedSymphony,

Can you send me the PDF as I'm not able to PM at this time.

Tha
suan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #7  

Hi, I was wondering if you could email me the PDF. i was on the program a couple years ago and am trying to get back on it but cant seem To find my booklet
Thank You so much,
tghasemloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #8  

Fun Game

Portion Control Pop Quiz

----

These are portion sizes I got from a plan given to me by a nutritionist in my doctor’s office the pamphlet was distributed by the American Dietetic Association.

One Portion Size:

1 Starch – 80 calories
1 Protein - 75 calories
1 Vegetable - 25 calories
1 Fruit – 60 calories
1 Milk – 90 calories
1 Fat - 45 calories
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #9  
LYSA

S/C/G: 163/130.5/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCoatedSymphony View Post

and what other questions did you have? Be more specific with fruits and I can help you. I also have the entire electronic plan in PDF format I can email you if you want. You just download it and you have all the color plans, fast forward plans and extras. Its really great to have. So send me a pvm if your interested and I'll tell you more about it

hi,
I'm on day one back on the plan and was wondering if you could email me the pdf format of all the plans...? My centre closed and I moved and only found one of my booklets.....*ack* my email is: lcsexton73 at hotmail dot com I'd appreciate any help....cheers.
(I had to write my email like that because it wouldnt let me post a email addy)
lysa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'2

@CandyCoatedSymphony, could you please forward me the pdf. I did this program back in 2005 and I have over 100lbs. to lose This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. my email is latoya.branch at gmail dot com.
Thank you so much!
huzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #11  

Default I need help too...

This is the only diet that ever worked for me too. I need the portion sizes for either purple plan or plan 3. If anyone has that info, it would be greatly appreciated.
wannabskinny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5 6'

Default i am new here so i dont have a private message open yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suan View Post
"I also have the entire electronic plan in PDF format I can email you if you want. You just download it and you have all the color plans, fast forward plans and extras. Its really great to have. So send me a pvm if your interested."

CandyCoatedSymphony,

Tha
i was wondering if you could also send me this information, i dont really know how this site works yet like i said i am new, i dont know if i should right my email here or not, but i would really love to have those portions sizes, i was a memebr at LA a couple yrs ago i stopped due to 2 pregancies
thax would really appriciate it
neebeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Height: 5'5

CandyCoatedSymphony,

Me too! Can you send me the PDF as I'm not able to PM at this time. Does it also tell you the criteria on which color to start based upon, I assume, age, weight and height? lat621 at gmail.com THANKS!

Last edited by Lauta65; 06-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Lauta65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suan View Post

CandyCoatedSymphony,

Tha
If you still are offering, I would love to have this information. I cannot send a pvm either since I am too new. Could you send it to: lat621 at gmail.com
THANKS!
Lauta65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #15  
ReL

S/C/G: 257/247/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi! New and trying not to be too annoying...

I was really excited to find this site! I've been perusing the threads and have found some really helpful information about LAWL, unfortunately I might have been faint-of-heart (there are A LOT of threads) and missed the post that told me the Portion Sizes for the numbered plans. Can anyone help direct me to the right thread? I've gathered that for my height and weight I should be on plan 4 and just finished TakeOff with my DH but I just don't know how much to eat for the starches, certain fruits, or fats. Thanks a bunch in advance!
ReL is offline   Reply With Quote