Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Worried about packet number (using alternatives)

Okay..so far, ive lost almost 20 pounds on IP and ive been doing 5 protein packets plus 2 eggs for my dinner along with veggies etc...

Well..i was wondering what i should do..because i hear so many people saying that they are using only 3 packets ..but im looking at my size..and the calorie count and what that would look like for me..that would be like..maybe 500 calories just from those packets plus my 2 eggs for my dinner...then add olive oil and it makes for 600..is that too low??? I mean..am i going to starve my body on only 3 packets plus my dinner?

Cause i have wanted to switch over to 3 packets..but have been afraid to for fear of starving my body..especially since i have heard random people saying that they use 4 packets cause they are "larger"...and i happen to be rather large..so anyone wanna help me out here??

Should i go down to 3??
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #2  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Are you working out? I didn't know you were having five packets. If I remember rightly you were upset at the slow pace of your loss - I would imagine that would be due to the five packets. I think people who are working out are using four packets.

Wuv2BLoved could answer this better but she is having amazing results.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #3  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Okay yes I looked back and not only were you upset with a stall, you were having cravings. I would imagine that with five packets you aren't in ketosis and no wonder you're dealing with cravings. I bet if you cut back to three (unless you are working out) you'd be craving free and a lot happier with your progress
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Heather that's wonderful, I'm so happy for you too, nice job. I think the extra packets are suggested in the very begginning to get some of us over that hump of hunger/cravings. That's not someplace we need to be with our emotions either so an extra packet (to start) can be a big help in that first week (or 2?? not sure). 'Thinking' starving and 'feeling' hungry can be a scary place to be, especially since we try so hard not to get into a situation that creates a bad choice. You are seeing results, congrats. Maybe it's ok now to take that next step (leap of faith) and go to 3 packets. BUT, then again, ?? 20 pounds is gone.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Why not try going down to 4 packets first and see if that makes a difference?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote