Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Does everyone take measurements?

I took mine on April 15 and decided to check them every other month so today was the day.

I've lost 11 lbs. since the last time I checked my measurements (about 1.2 lbs. per week) and 9 total inches not counting the inch I gained in my bicep. Can't tell if I'm measuring in a different place on my arm (which is hard to measure when you're doing it yourself) or if the weight lifting does that.

The most surprising losses were my hips (3 inches) and waist (3 inches). In the past I usually lost most in my bust, but that was only an inch. Damn, those hooters must be here to stay! After nursing two kids and turning 50, I don't think I'll ever see 36B again.

Anyway, I'm convinced that taking measurements is a good idea. Still don't like to see the actual measurements, but the losses look so good!
Old 06-15-2003, 11:55 AM   #2  

Sheila,

I don't take my measurements. I have a hard enough time dealing with pounds....Congrats on your losses though. They are really impressive!
Old 06-15-2003, 03:28 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats on your loss! I took measurements a long time ago, haven't done it lately.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:46 PM   #4  
missaprylj

I've been considering it, but I'm not sure how exactly to do it correctly, i mean, i know like a fabric measure or whatever, but i'l like, pull it tight and then the second time i won't and I'll think I lost 3 inches, LMAO. Congrats on your succes though! -Apryl

Old 06-15-2003, 10:01 PM   #5  

Taking measurements is a good way to judge rather than only depending on that crazy fluctuating scale. Sometimes altho lbs dont seem to be any less, inches are lost which encourages me because when the scale doesnt move, I get very discouraged even when I know I'm eating right and exercising every day. I'm like aprylcadabra tho...half the time I cant remember exactly how I did it the time before. I've considered going to a seamstress in town to get her to write them down for me, then going back in a month or so. Wonder how crazy she'd think I was for asking that..

Miki
Old 06-16-2003, 01:50 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

My friend at work takes my measurements for me. It's usually includes and chase around the office and cornering me to get the done but I'm usually pretty happy once I get them taken.

I keep them in a tiny notebook in my purse. Two reason, 1) I know where the measurements are at all times and can use them to motivate me 2) I can never remember my measurements, so if I'm ordering something and it gives a hip measurement, I know if it will fit me.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:33 PM   #7  
beautiful

in the past i only did my measurements when i got a wild hair. but i did do them before i went to weight watchers last week. putting them in a notebook is a GREAT idea. i'm gonna have to try that!
Old 06-17-2003, 01:16 AM   #8  
Catwoman

I take my measurments once per week when I go my logs in at calerie king.com
Untill this week when they sent an email saying they were now charging for being a member there.

So many places are free until they have enough members and bang they wanna start charging for their service.

Will find somewhere else to go.
Measuring is a good idea just can be slower to see results
Old 06-17-2003, 01:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i am mad about calorie king too! i just decided to go with fitday.com, but it's not as cool as calorieking was.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #10  
Losin It For GOOD!

wow girl, that is SO great!! I do measure my inches because you can't just tell progress by the scale. WTG on the lost incehs!!
Closed Thread