Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #1  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

So I've been calorie counting and doing IF for a few weeks now, and I find it very easy. I was thinking about starting low carb as well, staying under 35 grams per day. Does this sound reasonable? Has anyone experienced a significant de-bloating from going low-carb? Anything I should know? I know nothing about IP, Atkins, whatever. I'm just kind of interesting in adding this little tweak, I guess.

Edit: I just realized that 35 was not enough by looking at some of the more nutritious food I eat. Maybe 55 or less. =P
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

I've been wondering...what is IF and IP?

Last edited by shalyn; 08-05-2011 at 10:08 AM.
shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164|151|130

Height: 5'2

I've noticed a major difference since I started my low carb diet two weeks ago. I feel more energetic, less bloated and over all happier. I'm also combining the low carb diet with the low calorie intake (I'm eating roughly 1100ish calories), you feel hungry, but it does eventually get better.

I definitely love this low carb diet.
intellectlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalyn View Post
I've been wondering...what is IF and IP?
Shalyn- IF is intermittent fasting and IP refers to the Ideal Protein diet.

I do 1200 calories/day with 60 carbs/day. I also IF from 7pm-noon every day. I find it to be very easy to do low carb with IF'ing because both reduce my food cravings and hunger. Good luck to you!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Keep a journal for a while and you will know for sure what levels are best for you. As I track my cal/carbs I also observe other effects as well. This data has been priceless in figuring out what is best for me.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/135

Height: 5.0

I have been doing low carb for around 2 weeks. My problem is sweets. I am a sugar addict. I don't feel hungry and I have been using sugar free jello to knock off the sugar cravings.
rdnkgirl0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #7  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

I researched IF and I'm thinking about giving it a try to see if it works for me since nothing else has. I usually don't eat breakfast anyway, just an iced coffee.

I attempted to restrict my carbs today. That did not go so well...I ate about 150 carbs! I had never really kept track before so now I know and will work at cutting that at least in half.

xxkaleidoscopic - is there anything in particular you did to lose the weight (Atkins, etc.)?
shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #8  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalyn View Post
I researched IF and I'm thinking about giving it a try to see if it works for me since nothing else has. I usually don't eat breakfast anyway, just an iced coffee.

I attempted to restrict my carbs today. That did not go so well...I ate about 150 carbs! I had never really kept track before so now I know and will work at cutting that at least in half.

xxkaleidoscopic - is there anything in particular you did to lose the weight (Atkins, etc.)?
When I weighed 178 pounds, that was many years ago. I was young and a complete couch potato. I joined marching band, and dropped ten pounds without changing my eating habits. I went down to about 140 two years ago by eating two meals a day (I never liked breakfast) and doing one mile on the treadmill every day. It wasn't a lot, but it was a strain for someone so wholly unathletic, so it got my heart rate up enough to help me lose.

This time around, I have stuck to low-cal. I do IF, so I eat between 12 PM and 4 PM, which has really helped with my cravings. If it's past four, I tell myself - nope, not happening! And the longer I stay on plan, the easier it gets! I am a vegetarian, and I have cut out most of my dairy/egg products, so I'm basically a vegan now as well. Finally, I kind of casually watch my sodium to make sure I'm not eating too much of that.

I hope that helped!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote