Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #1  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Arrow BFC Labor Day Challenge All Are Welcome!

To BFC Labor Day Challenge Monday Aug.1st is the beginning of another BFC
challenge. As You may have noticed that there is a thread called BFC Challenge & Beyond list under 50+ support group. I have been asked to start a new thread that is easier to find and are for all age groups; so here it is. Goal for this challenge is as follows:Lose 10lbs by Aug.31,2011
Daily S/C Values are: Sugar=15grams/carbs 6 grams

BFC stands for "The Belly Fat Cure". It is about losing belly fat and reducing your wasteline. Belly fat has been linked to all kind of diseases from sleep, cancer, hormonal disturbance, heart disease, type 2 diabeies, higher levels of C-reactive protein which in turn is connected to chronic inflammation. We all know what chronic inflammation does to the human body. BCF based on counting your grams of sugar and carbs. It works with carb exchanges so you can still have normal food and still lose weight and belly fat. Sugar is no more than 15 grams a day and carbs are 6 per day and thats where the S/C Value comes from. (S) being sugar and (C) carbs. It is well worth getting the book and reading it. It is one of the easiest plans I have ever tried. I for the first time unstand how not just being over weight
effects you, but where you store fat. Now more than ever, it is easy to follow guidelines because every package of food gives you the read out of sugar, carbs, fat, saturated fat,etc. Most people who follow the plan can lose between 4 to 9 pounds per week. Here is what is quoted in book.

"Goal Total........................Lose Each Week"
lose 20 to 60lbs.................10 to 13lbs.
lose 10 29lbs.....................4 to 9lbs.
lose 3 to 9lbs.....................1 to 3lbs.

1. Weigh in today and post stats.
SW=(starting weight)
CW=(current weight)
GW=(goal weight)

Please measure your waist as well.

2. Weigh in on Mondays
3. Post daily and give support to other BFC-ers and share ideas & tips.

Those who are familar with the other thread may post where ever you feel most comfortable. We all are striving to lose weight and build a great support group and I encourage eveyone to join and have a great time. It is more fun and helps to keep your focus if you pertisapate regularly. Together we can achieve great results. Imagine being 4 to 9lbs. lighter by next Monday. Good Luck to all!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

Yes, I'm up for the challenge! Can't wait to lose 10 more pounds and fit into my "too tight" shorts from last year. I've been OP today, having a nice egg sandwich (whole grain bread) for breakfast, almonds for snack, and chicken fingers, rice, and celery/peanut butter for lunch. I'm going to hardboil some eggs tonight to have them on hand for the week.

BTW, Here's a good article about high fiber, low carb vegetables.

Good luck to all!

Today:
Starting=(169)
Current=(169)
Goal=(159) Would love to be in the 150's again...
Old 08-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #3  
Chick Losing

Thumbs up

My Stats:
SW=232
CW=218
GW=210

IT feels good to get back on track. I have done well today and I am Praying for strength to fight tomorrows Battles. I have 8lbs to go to meet challenge and I can actually see myself reaching that goal. Problem is....my weight usually goes up and down. Today down!!

Ok, out for a walk.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #4  

I lost 1/2 pound so far and am glad the scale is moving again. Last night I had grilled chicken and vegetables (they are great marinated with italian dressing), but had to eat a VERY small portion of vodka pasta that my DD made from scratch so as not to offend her. Snacked on some roasted pepper hummus with flatbread crackers, and portions were all sensible. It' was just too hot to walk outside yesterday, but I'll try to walk this morning for a mile or so from work.

Starting Challenge=(169)
Current=(168.5)
Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #5  
Chick Losing

Smile

Great morning! I am back on track and have started my Labor Day Challenge. I am down 1.2lbs. already. Last month was no so good because of medical problems, but I am back and rocking it. Hubbie and I planning a trip to the beach Labor Day Weekend and I am shooting for a 10lb. loss before than. If I can keep this up, I might even see a 15lb. loss.

Webwoman way to go! If we keep this up, we both will reach our Challenge goal plus some. Feels great doesn't it! Wow I wish I was at your present weight. Monday I stayed on track, I had my usual BFC breakfeast(boiled eggs, bacon toast & coffee.) Lunch was a chief salad with grilled chicken and
light rasberry vinaigrett dressing. Dinner(grilled chicken, green beans and boiled new potatoes) Stayed within my S/C values.
Good Luck to all and have a great BFC week!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Thank you WebWoman for posting the link to this new thread. I was having a hard time finding it.

My weight for 8/1 was 186.5 and today, 8/2 I am at 185.5. So 1 lb lost so far!

Today is my grandson's birthday....he is 3 YO! Happy Birthday John.

Carol
Old 08-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #7  
Chick Losing

Welcome Carol! So Glad you finally found the thread. I don't know why it is so hard to locate it.
1lb. down is great and it really helps keep you looking ahead to the next 5 days. I am hoping that we all see a nine pound loss for next week.

Today has been interesting and meals ok, not my best choices as far as taste. Its hard to come up with things you like and stay within your S/C range. The book has alot of great ideas, but they are not always available.
I am starting to feel the withdrawals from sugar...
posting keeps my mind off food.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #8  

Good morning, BFC Chicks,

I'm pretty upbeat this morning as I've lost another pound . It really helps that the food cravings are diminished, and I made it a point to keep busy last night doing chores instead of grazing through the pantry. I had more chicken and vegetables for dinner. I buy the whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for 5-6 bucks, and it lasts me for a few days.

I'm not a real breakfast person, so that seems to be a challenge for me. I brought a couple of eggs to work and will probably scramble them in the microwave later in the morning, and I have some whole wheat pita things I can stuff.

Please share with us what works for you!

Starting Challenge=(169)
Current=(167.5)
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #9  
Chick Losing

A Good BFC Morning to All,

First Webwoman thanks for the link to this challenge, I am not sure that posting the challenge from BFC Challenge & Beyond has done any good as to gaining more participants. But I am happy to see that there is an interest.

Now as to breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day. It gives you that much needed energy and starts your metabolism. I choose one of the weekly plans from the book and try to stick as closely as possible.
Besure you drink plenty of water and take your vitamins. It really does help.
If you skip meals, you will have cravings and your body will not burn stored fat. It will go into starvation mode and hold onto the stored fat.
I try to make breakfast my biggest meal, then lunch as recommended in book. Dinner I do better if I keep it light and stay away from bread. I tend to retain alot of fluid, especially at night and eating bread.
Check out one of the weekly plans in the BFC book and stick to it. If you do, you will see great results. Don't forget that you do have the carb swap option, making it easier to create a life style you can live with.

Last edited by BCL216; 08-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #10  
Chick Losing

Talking

Good Morning! Its a great BFC Morning!! I am down another pound!!
I weighed Sunday am I was 220, I weighed on Monday-218 and today 216!! I LOVE BFC plan.

Last edited by BCL216; 08-04-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #11  

Good morning and Congrats BCL!

I'm the same this morning, but can't realistically expect to lose every day. Last night we grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob, so I think the extra sodium may be to blame. Salt's the devil!

I've packed healthy foods for breakfast and lunch today, which I eat at work. I'm still upbeat about the program and will keep with it.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #12  
Chick Losing

Webwomen, You are doing great! just keep up the great work; you have come so far already. I pray that I get to where you are now.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #13  

Good morning BFC chicks,

Still no further loss, although I've been OP all week. What do you think?

Breakfast: 1 HB egg, 1 pc whole wheat toast (no butter), coffee with Stevia (breakfast is always hard for me to gag down)
Snack: handfull of natural almonds
Lunch: a bunch of celery with 1 1/2 T peanut butter; chicken breast with skin removed; some cherries
Snack: ~1/2 oz. dark chocolate
Dinner: steamed broccoli, another chicken breast, white wine
Lots of water throughout the day.

I have actually NOT been "counting" s/c, but more sticking to the guidelines in the book. I think my body may be resisting loss, but I'm not really hungry, either. I think I'm doing ok, but I'd love to see a whoosh.

Next week will be a BFC challenge for me- I have a wedding on Saturday and will be staying in a hotel. Monday morning I leave for Dallas for the week for a national convention, and it will be tough to find the right foods out of town.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #14  
Chick Losing

Webwoman,
Watch the white wine, it has alot of sugar. Your food choices sound great, it takes time for the body to let go of the stored fat. But if you stay true and you will see that woosh! I have a wedding Sat. the 13th...I am already planning a head as to what I will allow myself to eat or drink. Give it some thought, keep portions small and limit it to only one of whatever you choose.
add a little exercise & before you know it Woosh!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #15  

It's Saturday morning, and I'm down another half pound. Haven't been able to get any exercise in as I'm getting things ready for the wedding and my trip to Dallas, but I'll be doing a LOT of walking there as we don't have a car. Have a good BFC day!

SW: 169
CW: 167
GW: 159
Closed Thread