Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Grossed out by foods you used to enjoy?

Okay, so are there any foods that you used to enjoy or even love but now can't stand?
An example: Tonight my hubby slathered some wine cheese onto a cracker and offered me some. I kinda looked at it with a thought of "eww". But, I didn't want to seem unthankful so I took a bite. I didn't finish it, he did. I was pretty grossed out by it. It's not that I purposefully cut out wine cheese, but I haven't had it in so long and it just about made me gag.
I still like wine and cheese and crackers, just not the wine cheese anymore LOL

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. Ideas?
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #2  
Psychology Dork

S/C/G: 195/190.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Pre-made salisbury steak. I used to eat it a lot as a kid, but one week my mother had to go get a surgery, and that was all dad made us all week for dinner (and ramen.. but weirdly I'm not sick of that. :P )

I can eat it, but on rare occasion.
Embuhlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Jack in the Box, ewwwwwww... I ate it one day because it randomly sounded sooo good, I hadn't had it for a longgg time and yuck, the taste is disgusting.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I get grossed when I see fries that coat the container with grease. It makes me gag. Greased up hamburgers also gross me out. Egg rolls gross me out a little bit too. Anything by Mcdonald's (after I watched Supersize Me). Most of TGI Friday's food (after reading Eat this, Not that and seeing the calories posted in New York) but their cobb salad I will not give up.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

i literally had this experience five minutes ago. a double chocolate donut and a vanilla iced coffee. used eat this almost everyday on the way to work. had plenty of calories left over tonight, thanks to a good workout... so i decided to splurge.

I still have plenty of calories left, lol ;-) couldn't finish them. just gross.
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/137/122

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingirl81 View Post
i literally had this experience five minutes ago. a double chocolate donut and a vanilla iced coffee. used eat this almost everyday on the way to work. had plenty of calories left over tonight, thanks to a good workout... so i decided to splurge.

I still have plenty of calories left, lol ;-) couldn't finish them. just gross.

I also had a donut disgust moment recently. I was at my mom's house & craving something sweet really bad. I found a box of glazed donuts and thought I'd just have one bite. Ended up spitting it out. It tasted nasty. Just so artificial and fried and sickly sweet. If only I could have that reaction to other bad for me foods!
Paloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #7  

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we have 2 places within walking distance that make their own donuts. Those babies are DELICIOUS! But, it is a rare treat. When I go to places that cook premade donuts, I don't bother anymore. I used to eat them until I found the fresh places. Now the premade ones sound icky!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Fast food beef, I haven't had beef from a fast food place in over 3 years. Most fast food chicken - liquid margarine as an ingredient? Really? I use to love Stovetop stuffing but I made it the other day and it was terrible, super salty.

There are some things, regardless of ingredients, I will still eat on occasion - nacho cheese sauce, yum, that stuff is like artifically processed gold.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #9  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I uses to drink Pepsi a lot especially in the summer but I have cut out soda since deciding to lose weight. So last weekend I didn't think drinking one soda would do any harm so I grabbed a can of Pepsi. I took two sips and I started feeling sick to my stomach! I put the can down grabbed some water and it went away about 30 min later.
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #10  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

It's not so much grossed out, as just really a big difference in taste. Im a big fanof chips. And since I changed my food intake a few weeks ago - chips taste so much more SALT. Like, way too salt. I still like it.. but less each time. lol. And I also am super thirsty afterwards.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteOwlMommy View Post
I uses to drink Pepsi a lot especially in the summer but I have cut out soda since deciding to lose weight. So last weekend I didn't think drinking one soda would do any harm so I grabbed a can of Pepsi. I took two sips and I started feeling sick to my stomach! I put the can down grabbed some water and it went away about 30 min later.
Yeah, had a similar experience, though I didn't have the intention of drinking an entire can, I just stole a swig from my husband to swallow a pill down. The Pepsi tasted disgusting, very artificial and metallic tasting. And it was regular Pepsi, not diet. It was pretty jolting to the senses, I wasn't expecting it to be so unpleasant. But it keeps me from craving it too badly!

Last edited by cortandcooper; 07-31-2011 at 07:36 AM.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
It's not so much grossed out, as just really a big difference in taste. Im a big fanof chips. And since I changed my food intake a few weeks ago - chips taste so much more SALT. Like, way too salt. I still like it.. but less each time. lol. And I also am super thirsty afterwards.
I notice this as well! The other thing is sugary desserts. Since most days I don't have too many sugary treats anymore, when I do have full sugar stuff I notice the difference! I still like them, but don't eat as much because it gets too sugary!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Chinese food. We used to eat it all the time and the very thought of it makes me want to gag. I will make my own stir fry but to actually order Chinese food....bleck!!!
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

I used to love cupcakes (vanilla cake) with buttercream frosting. I was food shopping the other day and smelled some in the bakery and it seriously almost made me sick. I just have no taste for sugary desserts anymore, lol. Weird or what?!?
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I only WISH there was something that I felt was gross, but I love all the foods I used to eat. I'm a food addict and nothing grosses me out. The only time I get that feeling is if I do a binge and eat until I'm nauseated.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote