Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Any slow losers see things pick up?

I am feeling great on this program and don't want to be a downer but I'm really having a hard time staying content on this plan. I feel like I work so hard and am so diligent but I'm not seeing the losses that I'd hoped for. I had a great first week as expected but only lost 2 in the second week and I'm now more than half way through week 3 and I'm down only .9. And beyond numbers on the scale, I'm not feeling a huge difference in my clothes either. Have any of you guys started as a slow loser then maybe see things pick up later on? I'm so afraid that my body has already caught on to what I am doing and has just slowed everything down?

I'm a regular exerciser so this week I've tried adding egg whites in the afternoon thinking that maybe I wasn't getting enough protein. Next week I will try stopping the workouts completely to see if they might be the problem. I enjoy walking so I should be ok with just walking nightly after dinner (once the 100 degree temperatures settle down).

Have any of you seen slow losses in the beginning then have things pick up? Or any advice as to what I might be doing wrong. Oh and one more thing, my 2 losses in the past 10 days have both been after having steak for dinner. Strange coincidence huh?
loriab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriab View Post
I am feeling great on this program and don't want to be a downer but I'm really having a hard time staying content on this plan. I feel like I work so hard and am so diligent but I'm not seeing the losses that I'd hoped for. I had a great first week as expected but only lost 2 in the second week and I'm now more than half way through week 3 and I'm down only .9. And beyond numbers on the scale, I'm not feeling a huge difference in my clothes either. Have any of you guys started as a slow loser then maybe see things pick up later on? I'm so afraid that my body has already caught on to what I am doing and has just slowed everything down?

I'm a regular exerciser so this week I've tried adding egg whites in the afternoon thinking that maybe I wasn't getting enough protein. Next week I will try stopping the workouts completely to see if they might be the problem. I enjoy walking so I should be ok with just walking nightly after dinner (once the 100 degree temperatures settle down).

Have any of you seen slow losses in the beginning then have things pick up? Or any advice as to what I might be doing wrong. Oh and one more thing, my 2 losses in the past 10 days have both been after having steak for dinner. Strange coincidence huh?

Are you drinking all of your water and more? are you eating your 4 cups of veggies? how much protein are you eating for your dinner?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I would like to know that too, since I am a slooowwww loser.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #4  

Water: I drink no less than 100 oz a day. I have 24 usually before work then usually 74 oz during the work day then usually at least another 24 after work and with dinner.

Protein - when I eat fish I have 7 oz, when I each chicken turkey I usually have 6 - 7 oz and the couple of times that I've had beef I had 6 oz.

Veggies - have 2 cup contairs that I bring my veggies in every day. I measure everything out exactly except for when I make a salad. When I have salads I'm not as diligent in measuring.

Another culprit could be the Ken's light dressing that I use which has 3 g of sugar per 2 tbs serving. I never come close to 2 tbs but it does have sugar so maybe that's the problem. I bought white vinegar last night so that I could make my own dressing this weekend.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #5  

I'm also not limiting myself to only sea salt. The sea salt that my coach gave me is mixed with sand and I can't stand the texture so I bought a sea salt grinder but it's not exactly what I got from the program. I also sometimes use table salt but I'd think with all of the water I drink water retention wouldn't be a problem. Plus I have a scale that measures body fat and water and my water is pretty consistenly at 48.1%.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I see that you lost 7lbs your first week then 2lbs that is about average. I wouldn't worry too much. Bella has been the same for 18 days or so, so we are trying to figure out what is going on with her. You don't have 50+pounds to lose so maybe your losses will only be 1-2lbs a week. Make sure your sea salt is not bleached, my coach said that we can have other types of sea salt just make sure it wasn't bleached(brown) and make sure it was white. I would stay away from the table salt as much as possible. I would also stay away from the dressings with the sugar and stick to the EVOO or vinegar.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am a slow loser too, and am right around the same starting weight, height, etc... My coach told me that because I was fairly close to my goal to start with, that my losses would be around 2# per week. When people have 100+ pounds to lose, they lose it faster.

I also exercise 5-6x per week and I always eat 4 packets on workout days. Even though I consider myself a slow loser, I have been fairly consistant and I am happy that the pounds are coming off. They are coming off way faster than they ever did with any other program. My inches lost has also been incredible and I credit that to the exercise. Because of the exercise, I am losing inches, but I am tight. I don't have lose or hanging skin. Now you can see my muscles instead of having fat or lose skin hanging around them. My recommendation is not to stop exercising, but to increase your protein. Here is my typical day:

9:00- IP packet
12:30- 8 oz of lean protein, 2 cups of veggies, salad (with EVOO homemade dressing)
4:00- IP restricted item
5:30-6:30- Workout
6:30/6:45- IP packet (usually the RTD chocolate)
8:30- IP packet, 2 cups veggies, salad (with same dressing)

Hope this helps! Most importantly is for you to stick with it and stay OP! You will see I had a couple of slow weeks, but overall my average is around 2# and I am very happy with that. And I think that EVERYONE has slow weeks, regardless of the amount they have to lose.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

I read old threads a lot. I was just reading this one
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ot-losing.html
some people suggest switching dinner and lunch, eating the protein for lunch and IP packet for dinner. I did that during the weekend. I am not sure if this is going to help. But maybe worth a try.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree with jenny doodle. I also kept exercising and added a packet and a couple egg whites. No loose skin and great muscle tone was the result.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

There is also this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-3-weeks.html
I am reading it now and I like this reasoning
A cup of broccoli or cauliflower is around 5 carbs (4.6 broccoli, 5.2 cauli -both raw) so that's 20 carbs from just the veg, plus your restricted pack (8) and drink (5) and pudding (3) add up to 36 total carbs. Try some mushrooms, spinach, cucumbers and other lower carb veg. That might help. If you are hungry add them to a big romaine salad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I see that you lost 7lbs your first week then 2lbs that is about average. I wouldn't worry too much. Bella has been the same for 18 days or so, so we are trying to figure out what is going on with her. You don't have 50+pounds to lose so maybe your losses will only be 1-2lbs a week. Make sure your sea salt is not bleached, my coach said that we can have other types of sea salt just make sure it wasn't bleached(brown) and make sure it was white. I would stay away from the table salt as much as possible. I would also stay away from the dressings with the sugar and stick to the EVOO or vinegar.
The sea salt I was given is white and brown and I can't find anything like that. Is just regular sea salt ok

I am starting to think high carb veggies could be a big problem if we eat them every day! Here is another response from the the thread I just posted:
started the IP program last week 02/24/11 weighing in at 152lbs. Breakfast: Wildberry yogurt Lunch: 1 Protien bar or drink and 2 cups of broccoli. Dinner: 5 oz chicken on top of lettuce with 2 cups of broccoli mixed in. I'm drinking all of the water and taking the suppliments. I do smoke and wonder how that effects IP. I've not cheated and have my weigh in tomorrrow. I have weighed myself on my scale at home and haven't lost a pound.
YOu are missing a protein in there. You are supposed to have a snack at some point during the day. This could be affecting your weight loss
From the same thread a few suggestions maybe:
For 3 weeks, I lost nothing, gained 1lb and lost it the next week. So esssentially no action in those three weeks. I was very frustrated. I found this site and got some ideas.
1. I cut out the bar I was having for snack at night (thus having no restricted foods) to keep my daily carb intake low.
2. I changed by lunch vegetables to only raw food (celery/cucumber)
3. I eliminated cabbage (green). The vote on that was mixed, according to members of this forum.
4. I already drank 72 oz of water per day and increased it to 96 oz.
5. My coach put me on a detox (an IP protocol) thinking my liver and kidneys had become sluggish.
6. And finally I weighed my frozen veggies before cooking so they equalled the 2 cups, thinking that measuring 2 cups cooked was too much.

Well I lost 5 pounds, I was elated. I have kept that up and my scale this morning had me up a pound.

The only medication I take is for thyroid. I am taking the IP supplements.
Another old thread, lol
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-3-weeks.html

I am not sure what to think about these posts! Any thoughts?
So I went almost 4 weeks with no weight loss. I was following the plan exactly, not cheating and I drinking over 3 liters of water a day and nothing was happening. Needless to say I got VERY frustrated! I recently had a two week vacation and decided that I was going to enjoy it! For two weeks I was off the diet, eating whatever I wanted. After vacation I decided that I would try to start over again. I have been back on phase one for three days. Today was my weigh in, which I was dreading! I got on the scale and to my surprise, I had not gained any weight from my two weeks off the diet and I was actually down 5 pounds! When I gave up on the diet I was 144. My weigh in today I was 139. It's so weird but it has motivated me to finish the program. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks, as I'm close to my goal.

I was frustrated as well. I gave up on plan slightly, but still remained low-carb. Finally a friend convinced me that I just needed to eat, so I had one really big cheat day (or as big as I could make it considering my stomach is so small now Anyway, that was a little over a week ago and since then I've lost 4 pounds! My belief (not being a dr, or having any science to base it on) is that I was in some sort of 'starvation mode' and once I showed my body that there was food, it started losing again. No idea if I'm right, but the weight loss started the day after the cheat. Makes no sense to me I think my stall lasted almost 4 weeks! After a little more than 10 weeks on the program however, I'm averaging a loss of 1.9 pounds per week, including the big stall.

My friend that has been on the diet since January and lost over 35 lbs, suggested you cheat when you start to stall. She said one good day of eating what ever you want. (Can you imagine WHAT EVER you want?) BUt it worked for her twice. it kick strated the process again and she kept on loosing.

My sister and I are both on this diet. She started before me and is on week 8. She has lost 25 pounds. She cheats every Sunday and has never stalled on her loss. I have been doing it with no cheats except one day in week 3 we had a treat day at work and I had anything I wanted. I am now on week 5 averaging over 3 pounds a week. I think there is some logic to a cheat day even though my coach says no cheats are allowed.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

My coach said last night when I asked that if you have no success for a few weeks, she will fax in your food journal to the IP corporate office where it will be reviewed by doctors and they will provide suggestions.

She herself had 3-4 weeks of almost no loss and it was determined she needed extra packets to compensate for her high activity level. Her body went into "starve" mode. She started losing as soon as she added more protein. Don't know if that's your issue, but it's a thought.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #12  

Wow, thanks to all of you for the many responses. I have already started adding 2 egg whites in the afternoon as a snack so maybe over the weekend or next week I'll try having my protein meal for lunch instead of dinner and see if any of these work. I think that there is definitely something to the whole starvation mode concept. There is no other explaination for eating less than 1000 cals a day and barely any carbs and not losing weight quickly. I just wish I knew what my body was telling me. If I knew I'd do it. Haha, kinda reminds me of my talks with God. If I knew what he wanted me to do I'd do it but I'm not the best at listening I guess.

And I also wish I had a doctor who I could talk to about this with. I know that my doctor would consider this an unhealthy way of eating so I can't asks them but I also think there is something to be said for checking liver and kidney health. I know that I've had poor blood test results in this area in the past but things are always ok on second testing. Oh where is that crystal ball?

Last edited by loriab; 08-04-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #13  

Oh, and my normal vegetables of choice are Asparagus, mushrooms, cucumbers, spinach, red, orange and yellow peppers and zucchini. I've had broccoli and cauliflower a couple of times for a change but I don't eat them often. I also LOVE okra but since I love it so much and it's so filling I feel like it might be higher so I only have that on occassion.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriab View Post
Oh, and my normal vegetables of choice are Asparagus, mushrooms, cucumbers, spinach, red, orange and yellow peppers and zucchini. I've had broccoli and cauliflower a couple of times for a change but I don't eat them often. I also LOVE okra but since I love it so much and it's so filling I feel like it might be higher so I only have that on occassion.
Are we allowed Okra? When I look it up the sugars seemed too high.
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #15  

I've only had it twice since I started but it is on my list. I wonder if that might be the hidden offender? I love okra but certainly not enough to make it slow down my weight loss. I haven't had it since last week but I planned to have it tonight so I'll change that plan quickly. Thanks for pointing it out.