Old 07-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Absolutely Awesome August for the Worldly Chicks

Well we can only hope.

To go back to July, click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...rldlies-7.html

Morning all,
Back at work - it's Monday again. Damn it all. I was enjoying myself at home.
Doesn't seem like too many others are here this weekend either, we have it all to ourselves - us old girls.

Back later.

Last edited by Shad; 07-31-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #2  

Checking in late in the weekend. Quick personals based on what I remember from what I read on the train home this morning.

Shad - Thanks for setting up the new thread. Yes, let's all have an absolutely awesome August!!

Mel - Sorry to hear about Jen's fall, but glad it wasn't serious. Yay for helping the senior with your special soap.

Ceejay - How was the meal w/ the uncles??

Ellen - Don't worry about not being here to read and post - it's not about adding to your stress!! Hope the money problems ease up.

Happy - The soak in the tub sounds wonderful! Hope you're happy w/ your progress on the house this weekend. Sorry no pool time this weekend.

Hellos to Michelle & Annie!!

Seeing the band last night was fun. The band was on a stage set up outside in the sand volleyball courts section of this bar, so I was glad I'd worn sandals and not shoes and socks. Drank a bit much, but that's okay every now and then...

The train home was a complete zoo - crowded, and the non-commuter riders are so loud - kids singing, constant chatter. Note to self - Put ear plugs in my purse & never be w/o them.

Napped on the sofa, then finally showered. Time for a meal!

TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's another hot day here.

Mel
So sad about the 94 year old being rob in the parking lot. Things are getting bad down here too. My aunt was talling me of all the break in's that Jonesboro, AR has been having. People are desperate for money. Thanks for being there for him.

Shad
Thanks for settiing up our August thread.

Happy
Think I'd take a break for a hour and go jump in the pool to calm down.

Laura
Glad you enjoyed the band.

The only thing I have to report is that it is still hot. Paragould did get some rain yesterday in spots. The small cloud didn't get to my uncle's house. My cousin's little girl came up to play so I had a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad - thanks for starting the new thread. Last month was hardly jubilant. This month WILL be awesome if we can sell the house. Last 4 days have been a whirlwind. I am so tired I can't see straight. One realtor is coming tomorrow night, another on Tuesday. We will decide between the two. I hope. The house is not where I want it to be but I have run out of time and we will explain that we have some work yet to do. Need to paint 2 additional rooms and get the carpet cleaned and stretched in the downstairs master. Then I tackle closets more than I have already. I'm pooped and so is DH.

Today was downright jungle steamy. Would have been a good day for the pool but no time.

Ceejay we got 2 twenty minute soakers yesterday and today. Just had to be under the right cloud from the looks of the radar. It's good that you had a nice time with your cousin's daughter. Always fun to play we don't do enough of that.

Laura - glad you had a good time at the concert. Good thinking on the sandals. I know what you mean about the train - different crowd on the off commute times. I used to dread working Saturday and having to deal with all the crazies going to the race track on Saturday afternoon. Wild and crazy (and annoying) about sums it up. I have noise cancelling ear buds on my Ipod - helps drown out the commotion.

Shad - hard to believe you have been at the new job a week already. My how time flies by! I'm trying to get them to approve 4 day work weeks. 3 day weekends

Mel - how horrid about the robbery. But why was the man carrying so much cash around with him?????? You have to be so careful - there are always people looking for the right opportunity these days. I hope you had a quiet weekend.

Hello to the other Worldlies I can't believe it's August already. I'm going to have to squeeze in more pool time one way or another. Only about a month left to swim though it's hard to believe that with the current heat and muggyness.

Not sure I will get here tomorrow - we have to go in early to take the car in for a tune up and I'm not sure what the day will bring. It is the first of the month, so reports will have to be run.

I'd better try and get a few more things done before hitting the sack in an hour. Sweet dreams - even if (in Shad's case) it's a day dream.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANKS SHAD FOR OPENING UP OUR AUGUST THREAD
hOPE YOUR WEEK IS A GOOD ONE.
I BET IT WAS NICE TO BE HOME FOR AWHILE AND GET THE FEEL OF COMFORTING SURROUNDINGS.
HAVE A GOOOD WEEK

LAURA......THE TRAIN RIDE SOUNDED LIKE OUR COMMUNITY ROOM. EVERYONE CHATTING AT ONCE.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU ENJOYED THE BAND & THE BEACH SOUNDED LIKE A NICE WEEKEND.

CEEJAY......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE BREAK INS. I TOO TOLD THE OLD MAN ABOUT DESPERATE PEOPLE.
SO MANY STILL OUT OF WORK. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WEEKEND WAS NICE TOO.
TIME WITH KIDS CAN BE A LOT OF FUN. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

HAPPY......HOPE YOU GOT A LOT DONE THIS WEEKEND AND CAN FIND TIME FOR THE POOL DURING THE WEEK.
IS THERE A POOL AT THE NEW HOUSE? FORGOT TO ASK. THESE WEEKS ARE FLYING BY. HOPE YOURS IS A GOOD ONE.

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
NOT MUCH NEW HERE THANK GOD.
YESTERDAY WAS A QUIET DAY FOR THE MOST PART.
GOING DOWN WITH THE WRITTEN REPORTS.
TOO MUCH TO LEAVE ON THE ANS. MACHINES.
I FELT EERILY GOOD THESE LAST 2 DAYS AND AM WONDERING IF I AM HEALING
ONE CAN ONLY HOPE. EVERYTIME I SAY IT OUTLOUD I FEEL IT ALL OVER AGAIN
MAYBE I SHOULD JUST SHUT UP!!!!
HAVE A SUPER DAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-01-2011 at 07:06 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ladies...

Yesterday was my first day off in 28 days. Spent it in the yard, 7 hours worth. Stepped on something. My foot is a mess with swelling and infection and have red streaks going up my foot/leg. Have a doc appt at 10:20 at this morning. Head hurts and a bit nauseas. Will have to call off work at CVS tonight...darn, which means I have two days left....Wednesday and Saturday. YEAH!!

Gotta get busy, lots to do since I will be out on a doc appt this morning.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #7  

Annie
Hope you didn't get bit by some small varment, like a spider or a lurking snake.

Mel
Glad you had a nice quiet day. My day was quiet also.

Happy
I was hopeing that we would get some of the rain but not a drop.

Shad and laura Have a good day.

Went to Walmart yesterday on the way home and bought a rotesserie chicken to have this week. It's a little spicey for me but it was good. It's back to work today and today is report day so I'd better get busy. I know it's a little much but I've set a plan in action to lose 30 pounds by December 4. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Sorry I've been away for a few days. Friday was insanely busy (and stressful) with work, and after that, I didn't feel like getting on the computer. Plus, since it was DMIL's last weekend here (she leaves Wednesday morning), I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her. We went to the county fair on Saturday and enjoyed seeing all the animals! My back got very sore with all the walking around even though I used a cane. I think when we go to State Fair (either next weekend or the weekend after), I'll be taking my walker so I can sit whenever I need/want to.

Yesterday, DH and I got up by 6:30 to do some yard work before it got really hot and muggy. DH planted a tree and put a concrete block ring around it. I put the second layer of half-moon bricks around a border garden. I was able to do this sitting down, so it didn't hurt my back at all. Then I mowed the lawns with the riding mower. Yesterday afternoon, I took DMIL for a very scenic drive. What a wonderful weekend!! I wish she wasn't leaving so soon.

Laura - So sorry to hear that Coal has had a rough time with the storms we had last week. You guys really got hit much harder than we did. We had steady rain a couple days...but not too loud. What a coincidence that after we talked about Thundershirts, I got a catalog in the mail from "In the Company of Dogs" that sells Thundershirts. The items in the catalog tend to be fairly pricey, so you can probably get them cheaper. I'll bet your hair doesn't look as bad as you think. Too funny about all the stuff we used to do during commercial breaks and now that we have DVRs, we don't have that time (unless we pause the programs). Glad you had a fun time seeing the band, bummer about the train ride home being so noisy.

Shad - Bummer about all the weeds in your garden. I really should've taken the weed whacker around the fence after I mowed yesterday...but just didn't have the energy (or the back) for it. I hope your legs are doing better. Thanks for setting up the August thread.

Ceejay - Good for you for getting to the gym. Hope you had a nice time in Paragould. I'm glad to hear that the burn has healed. Bummer that you're still having such a heat wave. Good for you for setting a goal of losing 30 lbs in 4 months! That's really ambitious..but if you keep eating right and working out at the gym, you'll get there!

Mel - Love your new avatar! I'm glad you took Thursday off to be a lump. Sorry that the salami made you sick. Be careful with those spicy foods. Sorry to hear about Jen's fall, but I'm glad that nothing was broken. Happy 3FC anniversary to you! And I'm so thrilled that Social Security actually gave YOU money this time. So sorry to hear about the formerly rich 94 year old. Who would carry that much cash on them?

Happy - I'm glad to hear the downstairs bathroom is all done and that you got a lot accomplished on your two days off. I'm so glad to hear about all the boxes!! That's wonderful!! It shows great progress! I hope things go well with the realtors tonight and tomorrow. The nerve of the contractor wanting to put pictures of your design/color scheme into THEIR portfolio! So sorry to hear about the flooding in your sister's basement. We've had a lot of the fests already...SummerFest, GermanFest, Festa Italiana, PolishFest. State Fair is Aug. 4-14. I'm trying to convince DH that we should go twice. IrishFest is a few weeks away. Just to clarify about the mowing...I mow with a riding mower. The only bending/picking up is prior to mowing when I pick up all the dog toys and move the hose off the lawn. I actually did have time for myself and my family this weekend! It was lovely. This next week/weekend is going to be insane...trying to fit in everything we want to do, along with having to work this Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday morning and possibly Sunday night.

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your injured foot! I hope it's not a spider bite, though that's what it sounds like. But I'm glad you're going to the doctor and I hope that you get some medicine or whatever to cure the infection. Please let us know how the doctor appt goes. Sending you : and healing

Ellen - So sorry to hear about the $$ issues. We are here whenever you need us...and you know we don't only support each other on our quests for health. And don't be so hard on yourself when you can't or don't feel like posting. :

Better post this now and get back to focusing on work.

Lots of love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #9  

Morning all. Quiet here. Boss is out through Wed.

Ceejay - Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the uncles and the cousin 7 her lttle girl. Keep cool! We're having another hot and muggy day today here. I hope you get some rain soon. I hear the drought in TX is causing foundations to crack!! I actually heard on one of the HGTV house-buying shows a while back that it was definitely something to be wary of in TX, and now it's really widespread because of their drought. Good for you and your plan to lose 30 pounds!!

Happy - You made a lot of progress this weekend - good for you chicky. Hope the meetings with the realtors go well and at least one of them impresses you enough to want to hire!

Mel - Glad it was relatively quiet this weekend. Hope you keep feelin' good!! Just be good to yourself and I'm sure you will. Love the new avatar & siggy graphics, and all the other graphics. Keep 'em coming!!

Annie - Sounds like you had a good day off - until hurting your foot. Were you out there barefoot?? I don't do that often, having stepped on a nail as a kid... Hope the doc makes it all better!!!

Michelle - Sounds like you had a packed weekend. I was just talking about packed weekends with my friend yesterday. She's been keeping busy all summer to avoid being alone in the house (it's 1 year ago today she lost her dh). I understand that, but I hope she can learn to feel at least comfortable (if not ecstatic) spending some time by herself. As for me - I have to have my "alone time" and I don't like to have packed weekends very often. But then again, I wish I were a better planner and gone to more fests, etc. Yes it's hot and muggy, but that's the way it's been this summer and I'll miss out on a lot if I let a little sweat (okay, a lot of sweat, LOL) stop me!! Nice you spent so much time w/ dmil while she was here this summer. Yeh, I've gotten that catalog maybe once before - OMG is the stuff in there expensive!! The Thunder Shirt site has some sort of satisfaction guarantee, so it might be worth a try - have to read the fine print on that.

Hi Ellen!!

Nothing much to report. After a late lunch yesterday we went to Walmart for groceries, dog food, etc. Watched some tv and got to bed at a reasonable hour.

This morning I cancelled my standing monthly train ticket order so I don't buy a monthly for September, when I'll be out of the office for two weeks. Stupid website can't just suspend it for one month and then go back to my usual order - I had to cancel it completely and then I'll have to remember to set it back up for October and going forward. Whatever. I save ~$30 because I only need a couple 10-ride tkts. instead of a monthly.

I slept in on Saturday and went to a 10:30 Body Blast class. Good workout. I got 4 classes in last week and will shoot for 3 this week.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a good day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #10  

Laura
Good for you in saving some dollars on the train tickets. I really enjoyed my time with my cousin's daughter. She loves attention and I love to give it to her. Re-cracks in the foundations in TX. I've noticed some cracks in the exterior brick. Guess I need to call the land lord but it will be like every thing else and be put on the back burned.

Michelle
Sounds like you had a good week end. I completely understand about not getting on the computer on week ends.

I'm really dreading my electric bill.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #11  

Hope this cools us off a bit.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Doc dug around in foot and couldn't find anything still in the deep deep hole in arch. That about shot me off the table into the ceiling. My tetnus shot is up to date so she put me on Keflex 500 mg 3x a day. I am to call her if the red streaks get any higher or wider. I also spoke to her about my sadness and crying. She has added Wellbrutrin to my pill regimine. Now I am on Cymbalta, Wellbrutrin, and Buspar. SOmething should happen...Better living through chemicals...yeah~! SHe told me to stay off my foot for a couple of days...yeah right, like that is going to happen. Altho I could use a nap.

Got tomatos, zucchini, banana peppers, cucumbers, lettuce and green onions out of the garden and all have been very tasty. I am a dork cause I think it is exciting to pick the veggies out of the garden.

Chelle....when or is your MIL coming back? I know you will miss her. You two seem to have a marvelous relationship.

Ceejay...I love those rotisseree chickens..yum..the meat is so tender it melts in your mouth....

Laura...we didn't get any of the storms hardly at all. Still have to water everthing...blah. Good job on working out.

MELLIE...take it easy on eating...you may be all on the road to healing but it is still tender in there and could flare up at any moment...no more stupid eating.

Happy...do what you can and STOP stressing over things, it will get done when it gets done.....don't make me come rolling pin you.

Shaddie...hope the new job is keeping you busy but not overwhelmed.

Ellen...I understand completely about the finances...it all sucks.

Gotta get, lost 1.5 hours at the docs office and CVS getting script.

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey ladies -

Just checking in with y'all as I eat my lunch. The cafeteria had sliced pork loin with quinoa pilaf and spaghetti squash sauteed with spinach. Yummy and fairly healthy.

Laura - I'm glad for your friend that she's been able to keep busy during the summer. I hope she's able to get more comfortable with being by herself and having some down time. I savor my down time as I really enjoy it and don't have much of it. As hot and muggy as it's been this summer, it's been tempting to stay indoors in the A/C all the time...so I have to remind myself that in just 3 or 4 months, I'll be STUCK indoors due to the cold, so I'm going to enjoy my summer...even if it means going to fests/fairs early or late in the day. Good for you for thinking ahead and canceling your train ticket. That's $30 you can spend on your vacation.

Ceejay - I am NOT ready for snow. Not even a snowy graphic. I know our weather isn't as hot/muggy as yours, but I'll take it over the 6' of snow and below 0 days. I'm dreading my electric bill too.

Annie - A deep deep hole? Definitely call her if the red streaks get higher or wider...or if it turns black. I had a spider bite that left a deep hole on the inside of my wrist. The doc gave me antibiotics and told me to use Domeboro on my arm/wrist (either soak in it or use it as a paste) to help ease the pain and swelling. http://www.bayercare.com/Domeboro_faqs.cfm I hope your new medicine and the combination with your other meds helps you. I love harvesting veggies from my garden. So far the only thing I've gotten is cukes, lettuce and green beans. I've got little squash that will hopefully get big enough to pick someday...and LOTS of green tomatoes. DMIL is coming back for Christmas (she's promised). But if the living situation with DH's sister is still really stressful in CA, then she may come out (to live with us) in September or October.

Gotta get goin'...so many report issues to deal with this morning, I haven't made progress on ANY of my projects!

Love y'all,
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #14  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF FROM LIFE.
THE PHONE RANG ALL DAY AND THEN ONCE AFTER DINNER.
POLITICIANS MADE NUTS BY THE SENIOR ROBBERY.
THEY WERE LED ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE BY OTHER TOWN EMPLOYEES.
I TOLD THEM THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME FIRST....WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
THE LAST CALL WAS TO TELL ME I WAS RIGHT. NO SURPRISE THERE.
LORD HELP ME! I TOLD EVERY ONE OF THEM I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS S H I T.
EITHER CALL ME FIRST OR DON'T CALL AT ALL.

SO...............................
I DID GET SOME SUN AND ONE WASHLOAD DONE THROUGH IT ALL.
THURSDAY IS TRADER JOE'S AND I HAVE MY LIST READY.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST AND A REST
HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE.... OMG WHAT THE HECK DID YOU STEP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THIS HOLE HEALS VERY QUICKLY BUT I WISH YOU COULD LISTEN TO THE DR AND KEEP IT ELEVATED.
I WON'T ASK THE LORD FOR ANY HELP TODAY AND TELL HIM TO GIVE YOU MY SHARE INSTEAD
WISH I COULD HELP YOU. SENDING A HEALING THOUGHT YOUR WAY
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE YOU ALL MY BUBBLE WRAP SO YOU CAN STAY SAFE.
HOW ARE THOSE RED MARKS????? KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THEM

CEEJAY..........HOPE REPORT DAY WENT OK AND THE PLANT IS DOING WELL.
IT WAS NICE THAT YOUR COUSIN'S DAUGHTER COULD GET TIME WITH YOU AND ATTENTION. SHE MUST HAVE LOVED IT.
THE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN IS A GOOD IDEA AND I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN GET ONE THIS WEEKEND COMING. THANKS!!

MICHELLE....THE WEEKEND SOUNDED VERY NICE AND GLAD YOU AND THE MIL GOT TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER BEFORE SHE GOES.
I CAN IMAGINE SHE WILL MISS YOU AND DH AND THE ATTENTION SHE GETS AS WELL AS THE GOOD COMPANY.

LAURA........SAVING MONEY AND 4 CLASSES....SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.
I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO ASK HOW YOUR ARM IS? WAS WONDERING IF IT'S FEELING ANY BETTER.
I AM HOPING TO SLEEP IN THIS WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-02-2011 at 09:49 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

My company's intranet posts daily inspirational quotes...and today's was so fabulous, I just had to share! In fact, it's so good, I added it to my signature.

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."
~ Edwin Louis Cole

Last edited by diyana; 08-02-2011 at 08:09 AM.