Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default Back to the drawing board...

Hi Ladies,

Allow me to introduce myself

My name is Jennierose and I formerly used to reside in the 20-somethings. I'm single, just started a new job and I'm a few weeks away from my last semester of grad school.

I haven't really logged into 3FC in a few months for a variety of reasons, mostly because my life blew up around me. I was able to lose about 60 lbs over the course of 18 months, but I've since gained back probably around 10 of it. I don't exactly know how much as I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'll be doing that on Saturday. The warning sign was this morning when I tried on one of my skirts that I was JUST able to wear a few months ago and I couldn't zipper it...

I need to get my head back in the game. I love to exercise, my issue comes with balancing food and exercise. This wasn't an issue when I first started losing weight, as I hated to exercise and I mainly just controlled my intake. Now I run, bike and do all other things to keep myself active, and half of the time I'm starving.

I'm not going to lie, though, I've also been giving myself a few too many liberties on the food front. Cookies are my downfall, and I need to stay away. My will power muscle is a little weak lately.

I mainly calorie count and I try to make sure that I get enough protein for muscle recovery, etc.

I'm going to stick between 1200 and 1600 calories per day, dependant on how much I'm exercising. I'm training for a half-marathon in October/November, so I'm going to have to start stepping up my running game.

I've also signed up for an 8 week boxing boot camp in an effort to mix things up, and I'm considering doing another triathlon sometime in the fall.

Any support would be appreciated, I'm just feeling slightly disgusted with myself today...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I remember you, fellow Marylander. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck, lady.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

Welcome! We are very close in weight and goals, so I do feel your pain! :-) I too am running (or trying to) in an attempt to run a half marathon in October. My biggest hurdle has been finding the time to run. It seems that I just cannot drag myself up and out of bed early enough in the morning to get it done and by the time I get home and settled at night I am beat. So trying to shake things up a bit and figure out a good schedule.

Anyway, welcome to the 30-somethings :-)
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to the 30 somethings!

I am starting my masters program in the fall, I calorie count and I jog (I am to slow to consider myself a runner). I am doing my first 1/2 marathon in Sept...YIKES...it is just around the corner!!!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

Thanks ladies!

Envelope, I'm slow as well. As long as I can keep to my 12 minute miles I'm happy and I have no desire to ever go above that. The fact that I'm actually running is a huge thing for me, since less than a year ago I couldn't even run 1 mile let alone 10. Also, do you mind me asking about your eating? How many calories do you stick to per day? Are you going for any sort of eating schedule/ratio that helps? My issues with food + exercise started when I started running, and I've never been able to figure it out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Peaches, I have a similar issue. Once school starts again I'm going to have to get up early and exercise, only because after work I'll be in class. When I was training for my 10 mile race, I wound up running 3 miles twice a week and then Sunday was my "long run" day. It's kind of a time suck, but worth it.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 30 somethings Jennierose! I think we all have weaknesses that compare to your cookies I know mine was dairy (which I am not supposed to have for health reasons too... double whammy, lol). That will power muscle will build with time Let the new journey begin for ya ... or the old/new journey
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

I had a decent day yesterday. I worked out for an hour and a half (running and spinning) and I wasn't starving after. I had some almonds before the work out, and half of a clif bar in between, and that seems to have helped.

I also went food shopping last night and got a lot of fresh vegetables and some Luna bars.

I made my own version of a Chipotle burrito bowl last night (for lunch today) with seasoned chicken, brown rice, black beans, spinach and hot salsa, so I'm curious to see how that turned out. I'm going out for some girl time tonight, but my goal is to stick to one drink, which won't be difficult since I'm driving and I have to work out tomorrow in the morning. Can't do that hung over
Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

mmmmm that burrito bowl sounds fabulous! I have never been one to cook or be very inventive with food, but have noticed myself trying to pick up on various new ideas here. I am trying to follow Paleo as close as possible, so I have to be careful and substitute quite often, but I am loving it!
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

For me, not getting bored with food is a big thing. I get bored easily, and I like to experiment in my kitchen. 30 minutes until I get to try it out
Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Yummmmm! I love the burrito bowl.

I eat with in 1200 - 1800 cals a day, with an average of 1500 cals per day during the week. About 4 days a month I might eat close to 1200 and about 4 days a month I eat right up to the 1800 cals. The rest of the time I am between 1300 - 1700 cals. I try to eat "clean" as much as possible, Especially if I am really hungry since I find whole foods do a great job at filling me up. (I just had 2 days of eating at 1800 cals and I am at 1200 cals right now...I may eat a plum before bed which will bump me up a little.)

I usually jog in the morning, before I go out I eat a yogurt with wheat bran in it or I am starving before getting finished. When I come home I usually have coffee and serving of oatmeal with 1/2 a banana and cinnamon. This combo seems to keep me satisfied.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

That's very helpful, thank you! I've been doing better with eating actual food and not grabbing breakfast at Dunkin Donuts every day.

I did have about 6 drinks on Saturday night, but that was over the source of 6 hours while dancing non-stop. I've been keeping my eating in check and sticking between 1400 and 1800 calories. I'm hesitant to weigh myself right now because I did heavy weight lifting on Saturday (prior to the dancing) and I know my body is retaining tons of water. I'm going to go for a swim tonight in an effort to alleviate some of this muscle pain, and then I start my boxing boot camp tomorrow!