Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default Has anyone used Carbthin Zero Carb Bake Mix?

I am looking into alternatives for baking and was wondering if anyone has used the Carbthin Zero Carb Bake Mix or the Shake Mix. It looks like it could be good for IP, but I don't want to spend $30 on it and have it be awful. If you have used it, let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!!
hungrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Okay..here is the answer you might not want...

If the these bake mixes have any calories..you arent allowed them..cause it states in the protocal that on phase 1 you can only have 0-0-0 products..in other words..even if it has 0 carbs..it still has to have 0 fat and 0 calories..and i doubt that it does..ALSO...it might be 0 Net carbs.. but you need to count the Actual Total Carbs..cause some of the ingredients could in fact throw you out of ketosis...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

For the question you asked, yes. I tried the cookie recipe and they were not nice, but I do intend to 'play' with it more. The pancakes recipe is good (WF syrup) and I have mastered the recipe for a single serving.
1 scoop mix
1 egg
3 tbls water. I had butter extract and 1 tsp splenda.
I have a shaker of cin/sugar (splenda) that I sprinkle on one side as they cook. I haven't tried any of the other recipes yet. Makes three pancakes, totals 30g fiber.
Soy bake mix is 0/0/0.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #4  

Great! Thanks! Let me know how playing with recipes goes!
hungrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #5  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Is the WF maple syrup decent? So many of their products are yucky. The bake mix, is that the Atkins one? Aren't there other sorts of crust ideas that are zero carb?
Anyone know of other sugar free maple syrups that are good? I tried the xylitol one but it was just ok. Not thick. My son loves maple syrup and so I tried to use this on his oatmeal, he wouldn't go for it.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote