Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/265/150

Height: 5'9

Smile Hey there! I'm a n00b!

Hi there everyone! I'm a fellow fat chick struggling to lose the weight. Let me tell you a bit about myself! I'm 23, single mom to a gorgeous 2 year old daughter, full time student, work part time at a movie theatre, engaged to love love of my life, and trying to lose this stupid weight so I can go dress shopping! I'm currently 265 and lost 5lbs, my goal is to be 150 again. As a kid and teenager I was always pretty thin, roughly a size 9/10. After I graduated high school in 2006 the "happy weight" just piled on as I dated one jerk after another. Then in July of 2008 I lost 25lbs! ...and then I found out I was pregnant with my little one! So I gained all 25lbs back, lost it quickly after I had my daughter, and gained it all back and then some since March of 2009. Now it's August of 2011 and I've gained at least 50lbs since my daughter was born. Depression, a stressful life, and insomnia doesn't help trying to diet. I think what I've been lacking in support from women who get my situation and going to Weight Watchers meetings is just demeaning and embarrassing so I'm trying to do it from home. I'm only 23 and on 3 types of blood pressure medications, I've been told to lose the weight by my doctor for fear I may have a stroke. Recently the headaches have been bad and my doctor really yelled at me this time! So! Here I am and already successful with losing 5lbs... now I just have another 105lbs to go! I sure could use some nice friends to help me through the weight loss process and I'd love a friend to be supportive of as well. I also need to be accountable to someone so I need someone to be hard on me but supportive if you know what I mean. I'm very happy to be here and I look forward to meeting friends!

-Christine
CMLB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I am the same weight as you and looking to lose about the same. We could be buddies! I am not sure how to send my info privately but you could comment on my blog (link under my name on the left). Then it sends me an email with your e-mail address to moderate.

I am married to the love of my life with 2 beautiful daughters (although I am turning 31 on saturday) I work full time at a desk job.

wagfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome! I just joined last month and have already gotten some awesome advice. Good luck on your journey!
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Congrats on your 5 lb weight loss!
105 lbs seems like such a big number. Maybe breaking it down into smaller mini goals would help with your motivation to stay on track.
Take it one day at a time and if you fall off the wagon, just hop right back on.
Weight loss is hard but YOU CAN do it.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275.6/264.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm the same age and size as you. I just got married a year ago in September and am working on roughly the same goal weight. Are you doing any program in particular? Hope to see you around!
NightwingFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #7  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC! Great job on the five pound loss - every bit counts!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Welcome, well done on your weight loss, Keep up the good work. You can and you WILL succeed!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote