Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default What will you do with your stones & ribbons?

Well - we have a reward thread and some mini-goals going on ... but what will you do with all your stones/ribbons when you're done with the program? Or if you're already in maintenance, what have you done?

Right now, I keep my stones on my desk at work - up by my monitor. I also have my ribbons hanging on my office wall. I'm hoping by the time this is all over, I will have to get a chair to stick them to the ceiling and let them hang to the floor.

I was thinking I would make a picture frame with the stones - you can get the plaster stuff at Hobby Lobby and arrange stones or whatever else in it. Of course, i would buy more stones to fill it all in but the ones with the numbers written on them would be placed across the top or down the sides. Then have a nice picture taken of me and some how incorporate the ribbons.

Has anyone else thought about this?
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I enjoy scrapbooking so I would probably make a book to highlight my progress using the ribbons and stones as embelishments. That or do a shadow box with a before/after picture using the ribbons and stones as embelishments. I already have started an "all about me" scrapbook though so I will probably just add more pages using the ribbon in a type of quill work.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

My ribbons are on my mini fridge in my office at work. It's an all day reminder for me. My center doesn't hand out stones, but I'm thinking of going and buying some because I love the idea so much.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #4  

Jen I'm not sure if mine does either. But I figured it was a common thing since I've seen it referenced else where. At least now I know if I don't get one it's not just me but I love the idea of a stone.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #5  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Love the picture frame idea!

My center gives a stone. I was kind of surprised when I got mine, because it's just one of those flat glass stones (you can buy a bag of them from Walmart back by the vases and potpourri) and someone had just written a "10" on it with a silver marker. So.. you can make your own. :-)
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #6  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I hot-glued small magnets to the back of my stones, and I use them to hold up pictures of me along the journey (usually pictures taken at the time I hit those milestones) on my fridge at home.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #7  

Evansmom...(Trudy) do we get stones in Shalimar? Guess I will find our tomorrow one way or the other lol Getting nervous about my first weigh in
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I know they have stones, but I did not get one until I hit 50 pounds, then I got a diamond shaped stone with 50 pounds on it.

As far as the ribbons, I have them all hanging on the rearview mirror in my car.

Good luck with your first weigh-in. I know you will do fabulous on the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Evansmom...(Trudy) do we get stones in Shalimar? Guess I will find our tomorrow one way or the other lol Getting nervous about my first weigh in

Last edited by evinsmom; 08-05-2011 at 08:28 AM.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #9  

Oops sorry I spelled your name wrong...going off memory wasn't a good idea I guess

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm not sure who's more excited about todays weigh in, me or my husband. lol
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

I met someone at the center and she puts her stones in her water fountain in her home. All the other stones look like rocks, except her mrc stones which are colorful. People ask her when they come over about them. She sees them as she walks past. Seemed pretty cool to me.
brandy8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #11  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Depending on the amount and size of ribbons you could make a quilt out of them.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote