Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #1  
Teen Member

S/C/G: SW- 145. CW- 145. GW- 125.

Height: 5'5

Default Arms, muffin tops, chin & thighs!

I hate my arms, muffin top, chin & thighs! They are my absolute worse problem areas. The sucky part is, I KNOW my chin isn't just genetics. It can't be! I never had it before I started gaining weight. My arms kind of flab over, especially if I'm in something sleeveless. So annoying. My muffin top is kind of always there. Like, indents in my hips. But, when I wear tight pants / shorts / skirts, I always feel the need to pull them up all the way over my muffin top. My thighs just always annoy me. They never seem to get smaller, no matter how hard I try! Anyone else have any of these problem areas?
125byOctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Yes yes yes and YES!

Muffin tops. OMG. I have actually found something that helps - "Suck it in pants!" Those big unattractive cream pants... they actually work! I love them when I go out clubbing, although I do cringe when people touch my lower back (or my bum. Though that doesn't happen much now I need super-pants. :P) Also mid-rise jeans and skirts are great. If I can get them to cover my belly then I feel much more comfortable.

I have biiig calves too. And that bit of chunk on the inside of the knee that sticks out and makes me look like my knees are on the inside of my leg. OH and the little bit of fat that hangs over the knee cap. I can lift it up and make it talk...

Yea, I sound attractive. :P

Can't wait til these things all go! And I'll be able to wave again! (I hate waving. I can literally feel the fat on my arm swinging as I wave)
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

First of all, let me admit that I now look pretty good for someone my age (closing in on 50 fast. Would really like to be (back) at goal before then).

That said, yes I have very similar problem areas. The one that bothers me most depends on the state of my dress.

If I am fully clothed, it's my "proto-jowls" -- a little bit of extra flesh along my jawline, not my chin per se. I really thought this was due to age only, but they do seem to be shrinking a little as I lose weight. Smaller is better!

When I am wearing a bathing suit (one-piece; not likely to ever choose a bikini), it's my thighs. My upper inner thighs have highly visible bulges of fat, like chipmunk cheeks. I had them even when I was stick thin as a teenager. They are unsightly even in some pants and shorts (which I won't buy -- I have to choose wisely). The rest of my legs are fine, although they do jiggle excessively when I walk (again, a weird thing that has always been true even as a thin teenager, and it's not like I don't exercise). I know these issues aren't just in my head. My husband is willing to admit they exist although he claims they don't bother him.

Nekkid, my least favorite feature is my abdomen. It's nowhere like what it was, but it's still not pretty to look at. In clothes, it's fine. But it's still thick and a bit poochy on the bottom. (Again, not in my head. It's also hubby's least favorite feature.) Hoping it flattens out more, and I expect it will, at least a little. It's actually a lot better than it was the last time I was this low. I think lower carb and more exercise can take credit.

My upper arms are also a bit saggy, but they are low priority for me. I have started adding a little arm work while I'm on the treadmill (and I do mean little) but when I reach goal weight (again) I may focus on them a bit more.

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-01-2011 at 07:03 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #4  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

my worst one is my hip and my upper thighs.
My hip can lose some love handle and my upper thigh (and general my legs) can lose A LOT of fat. I can even see a lot of the fat under my skin of my thighs when I squeeze between fingers (saddlebag fat and stuff). Not attractive at all.

Other than that, I have under chin fat (genetic - so nothing can be done here), abs can be tighter.

Last edited by Annita; 08-01-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

My chin fat disappeared as my weight dropped and fortunately I don't seem to have the jowly thing going on yet at nearly 47. The muffin top is still very much there and I hate it. But at this point its mainly a little apron of skin that won't be going away...I had a C-section 10 years ago and it basically hangs right over the cut line (gross!). I have very defined muscles in my upper arms but still have to deal with some bat wings even after lifting weights...it is looking better with time though so there is hope As far as thighs...I give up! I am alot smaller now than I have been in years but those things still have lots of jiggly bits. I am slowly learning to accept that I will always hate these things but I can live with it and dress to compensate..
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

I've lost 10 lbs and my thigh measurement has not budged from 22 inches, and my hips have only lost one inch...meanwhile my waist has lost almost 3, my arms have lost 1 and my bust 1.5 inches xP.

I'm always gonna have some serious junk in my trunk :\
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

I can so relate to the muffin top, lol. After two babies, my abdomen was a train wreck! Had a 'modified muffin top' until like two months ago when I started running. Now it's almost gone...after six years of carrying it around. Ugh! Of all my problem areas, this was the one that used to bother me the most.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #8  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

Yeah...my belly and arms REALLY bother me. My belly has always bothered me but more so now that I have had a child. I can definitely tell that it is slimming down but it is still quite jiggly and can't wait to see it firm up some.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/122/119

Height: 5'7.5"

My arms used to be my most disgusting body part. They were so flabby and weak and disproportionate. First I did weight training with moderate free weights 3x per week to build muscle. There was a noticeable difference within 3 months. Then I did pilates arm exercises to sculpt and tone. Now I actually like my arms. My evil inner and outer upper thigh fat is still around though. Anyone have success with that area?
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
My arms used to be my most disgusting body part. They were so flabby and weak and disproportionate. First I did weight training with moderate free weights 3x per week to build muscle. There was a noticeable difference within 3 months. Then I did pilates arm exercises to sculpt and tone. Now I actually like my arms. My evil inner and outer upper thigh fat is still around though. Anyone have success with that area?
I used to have moderate cellulite on the backs of my thighs and they were also quite jiggly. Running took care of it for me along with a clean diet. Hope this helps.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote