Old 08-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #1  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Default Why is it so hard?

Im so frustruated with myself. I want to lose weight SO badly, but seriously, have zero motivation. Well, I have "some". I start every morning on the right track. Been walking the track with a friend, but by the end of the night, I always blow it...forget to measure and weight food...eat too much, etc. I guess , I really have no excuse..its my own fault. Guess I just needed to vent lol..Thanks for listening
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

What sets up the night blowing?

Like maybe you need a heavier breakfast?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #3  
Starbucks Addict!

Boredom sets off the night blowing....I read in bed when the kids are asleep and I grab something fattening to nibble on..its my own fault, but the sad thing is, ive done this my entire life that I dont even THINK about it..I just grab the snack, eat it, then remember after Ive eaten it all :/
Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #4  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Maybe to start you could try replacing that snack with something better? Baby carrots? Then until you break the mindless snacking habit, you'll at least be eating something good for you!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #5  
Starbucks Addict!

I only like carrots if I dip them in ranch But I should try them without the ranch...Only I can do this..and it seems like I have every excuse in the book. *sigh*
Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I like no LOVE Celery and hummus. Have to be very careful though, and measure it out. Otherwise before I know it the whole thing is GONE.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

I am in the same boat. The night time snacking is my issue. I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for about 1 month. We jsut have to stick to our guns and find a way to eat a healthy snack and stay away from all the bad snacks. I feel your anguish.
Lindy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #8  
Starbucks Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy87 View Post
I am in the same boat. The night time snacking is my issue. I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for about 1 month. We jsut have to stick to our guns and find a way to eat a healthy snack and stay away from all the bad snacks. I feel your anguish.
I just have to stick to it. Im tired of having ZERO energy!! So today, I started the C25K program~ with my kids! I just did the first one , my son (14) is on the treadmill now and my daughter (12) is next. Im excited they are doing with me. Gives me some incentive. They are both super active and play soccer, so it doesnt hurt them to get in even better shape

I dont think ive ever had hummus? What is it lol
Old 08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I like carrots and hummus too. I also "budget" my calories for an evening snack of fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes) or FF yogurt.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #10  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

The weight seems to pop on a heck of alot easier then it comes off doesn't it? When bored I exercise and that seems to take my mind off of food or if I just MUST snack I do so on healthy things however the key for me was to clean the cupboards out of crap in it and keep only healthy snacks available at my fingertips. If it isn't there you can't it eat it right?
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

If you were to portion out a snack ahead of time, would that help? I count out grapes and put them into ~100 calorie baggies right when I bring them home from the store. I also like making snack bags with turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese cubes - turkey pepperoni has SO fewer calories than regular! I like "poppable" stuff for when I'm reading, watching TV, internet surfing...

Also, if it would help having a large volume of something, maybe try popping your own popcorn? Not only is it healthier, it's CHEAPER! 3 cups of air popped popcorn is going to put you a smidgen under 100 calories. I put the kernels in a brown bag and throw them in the microwave for a minute and a half to two minutes -- no oil required. I like to spray it with I can't believe it's not butter spray and a shake of popcorn seasoning -- white cheddar is my favorite at the moment.

I struggle so hard with night time snacking too, I had 300+ calories of animal crackers just last night since I wasn't paying attention. We can do this!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #12  
Starbucks Addict!

I look at food and I gain weight lol. I also figured out that I cant have junk food in the house..my son is a junk food junkie..as active as he is, he is a mindless eater (like myself) and I worry about him...well, same as my daughter, really. So no more junk food, no sodas, only water! We got new water bottles yesterday and on the top of them, has a thing you turn for however many bottles you've drank...great idea if you ask me. They are totally on board with this, and in turn, I think its going to help me
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
If you were to portion out a snack ahead of time, would that help? I count out grapes and put them into ~100 calorie baggies right when I bring them home from the store. I also like making snack bags with turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese cubes - turkey pepperoni has SO fewer calories than regular! I like "poppable" stuff for when I'm reading, watching TV, internet surfing...

Also, if it would help having a large volume of something, maybe try popping your own popcorn? Not only is it healthier, it's CHEAPER! 3 cups of air popped popcorn is going to put you a smidgen under 100 calories. I put the kernels in a brown bag and throw them in the microwave for a minute and a half to two minutes -- no oil required. I like to spray it with I can't believe it's not butter spray and a shake of popcorn seasoning -- white cheddar is my favorite at the moment.

I struggle so hard with night time snacking too, I had 300+ calories of animal crackers just last night since I wasn't paying attention. We can do this!
I USED to measure everything out, years ago (ive been dealing with this for a LONG time), but havent gotten back in the habit. I really need to! Thanks for all the great ideas!! I really appreciate them!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

perhaps you eat dinner a little too early? I read somewhere eating dinner before 6pm for weight loss is a myth, but I wouldn't know. I guess because of your kids... You could try eating an hour later if that's the case. otherwise, try green tea or chamomile right after dinner, not waiting for the snack craving to show up. You could also try not keeping unhealthy snack foods at home; you can't eat it if it's not there, right?
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #15  
Starbucks Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight2winthis View Post
perhaps you eat dinner a little too early? I read somewhere eating dinner before 6pm for weight loss is a myth, but I wouldn't know. I guess because of your kids... You could try eating an hour later if that's the case. otherwise, try green tea or chamomile right after dinner, not waiting for the snack craving to show up. You could also try not keeping unhealthy snack foods at home; you can't eat it if it's not there, right?
Yes, sometimes we do eat dinner early, sometimes late. Just depends on what kids functions are happening...usually soccer and practices. I guess its just hard to find the middle road here. I am going to put snacks in my bag for sure. Ive always wanted to do crockpot dinners, that way, after soccer we dont hit the drive through (one of my weaknesses after practice)

And yes, NO MORE unhealthy food in our house!! Our lives depend on healthy food now