Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default A Bar and a Chocolate Drink, Oh My!

Ok, so I struggled today with more of an emotional and rushed lunch. I grabbed a bar because it was most convenient but then really wanted more after I ate it and quickly downed a chocolate shake. I wasn't in a position to make myself a nice salad etc. like I should and was afraid I would grab something not permitted because I was both hungry and upset (a bad combo), so I went ahead and did this. I will get my veggies in a bit (not hungry now, of course) but curious is you think this will be problematic for me -- the 2 highest sugar / carb items I could combine done in the same meal?
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure what kind of issues that will cause. I surely wouldn't have any other IP products the rest of the day if you had one at breakfast also. When I'm rushed, or fail to plan, I grab a cucumber and have that with a shake and it holds me over until about 4 or so and I eat dinner early on those nights (around 5:30) and just keep full with water the rest of the time. Water water water is my friend because it keeps me full when I *think* I need to eat.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

i dont think it will be a big deal in the long run. stay within a healthy carb range the rest of the day. if you dont want any more IP products but need protein with your veggies, scramble some egg whites and eat some veggies with it.

Also it may seem bad, but truthfully you could have reached for somthing bad. My coach has said if you are going to eat something extra, eat an IP product not chips or something.
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #4  

Thanks, that's what I was going for (not reaching for something bad) and it seemed good in the moment, but then I questino in hindsight. Going to keep myself busy and try some extra activity to burn a few more carbs if I can then I am thinking an easy egg scramble dinner - sounds great!! thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

One thing i notice: if you screw up on IP...start to watch your calories as well as your carbs..cause you can screw over your carb count for the day and kick yourself out of ketosis easily, but if you keep your calorie count low enough you wont gain weight at least..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #6  

Thanks Port! I am positive I haven't eaten enough to gain (my BMR is around 1450 or so), and you would think I'd even lose this past week notwithstanding my digressions but nevertheless I haven't :/ I think it may be nearing TOM for me, too. Lots of factors but I am considering the past 7 days a wash, with tomorrow a new start so hopefully that will help me alter my expectations!

Sad to find no eggs in my fridge since I read your egg post. Was hoping it'd do me some favors. I just don't think I can choke down the chicken breast that's here . . . it is making my stomach turn thinking about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #7  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Coliep, you made progress! Yes, you feel unhappy that you ate 2 packets at the same time, but you didn't go for the PB! You're trying hard to transition from the PB and as of your last writing, you hadn't hit the bottle yet.

Kudos for making what most would think is a better choice.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote