Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #1  

Question In Need Of Your Expertise Every1! Plz

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sonia, I'm new here.. It's my 8th day on IP and My first weigh in I only lost 2.6

I was expecting to lose more, as they say that we're suppose to lose the most in the first weeks.. anyone else had this problem??

I also wanted to ask everyone if you've tried some 0 carb 0 sugar bread and bagels? I ordered some from lowcarbcanada.com and kind skeptical about it.. dunno if it would be safe on the diet, kinda embarassed to ask the coach (she's on vacantion for 2 weeks anyways)

Thank you every 1 !! <3

Sonia -xox-
Sonia006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I would say no to the bread and bagels. Even though they are 0 carbs, they probably aren't 0 calories.

Do you have a lot of weight to lose? If you don't, that could be part of the reason that you didn't lose a lot. Did you follow the protocol 100% with no cheating?
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Sonja..People lose at different rates on this program. The 2.6 is great..just keep going!
Also..make sure you follow the plan exactly..don't eat anything other than what is on your sheet. The no carb breads would not be allowed.
I just lost 2.5 this week and stayed on prefectly.

Good luck.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

I would have to agree w/the others stay away from the breads and bagels.

Look under the Ip sticky recipes you'll find a recipe to make a pudding cake out of IP puddings, they are pretty good.

I also make a pancake put of the IP oatmeal its very yummy and eat it w/WF maple syrup. make oatmeal w/2.5 oz. water cook in pan like a pancake add some pam though.
this would be your restricted for the day, well worth giving up a bar for.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Sonia,

My first week on the diet I only lost 1.8lb! I was very constipated for the first couple weeks on the diet and I believe my TOM was around my weigh in. I also was doing low carb dieting prior to IP so I knew I would not have the extreme water weight loss many have that first week. Stick with it and the weight will fall of before you know it!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Sounds right to me. You might expect to lose a bit more if you're 300+lbs. Are you?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #7  

HEY GIRLS!! Thank you SO much for you replys .. the breads and bagels ARE 0 calories beleive it or not. I did follow the plan properly and im 182.. so a good 40-50 to lose!
Sonia006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I could be wrong here, but I looked at those breads and bagels and they have zero NET carbs, not total carbs. I know that some people will argue forever about how your body doesn't recognize some as carbs (I am not pretending I know anything about it at all), but I do know that my coach said IP goes with TOTAL carbs, not net.
If I were worried about losing fast, I would just stick 100% to the phase 1 sheet they gave you and add nothing else that is even questionable. It has worked for me, and then you don't have to worry about counting or anything. Plus, you never know what is going to kick your body out of ketosis and everyone is different. I think if you are going to add things you have to be prepared to lose slower.
I use the WF stuff, and even with that, which IP recognizes and some places even sell, I try to keep it to a bare minimum because it can slow some people down.
Lol so in short... my advice would be stick to the sheet and it wont fail you. I have yet to see someone following the program 100% and failing.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I'd say the bagels and bread are a definate no-no. In order to digest carbs, our body needs to create glucose (sugar)...the controlled amounts and types of carbs in the Ideal Protein packs are developed in a way to allow our pancreas to rest and produce just enough insulin. I'd be really worried that the bagels and bread (even low carb) will spike your glucose level and slowly kick you out of ketosis.
My friend started IP two weeks ago...she lost 1.8 her first week and 2.8 the second week. She is starting out around 170lbs.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Also, are you getting in plenty of water? My friend was only drinking a litre a day, because that is all she could manage. I think her losses would have been higher with more water consumption. Just a thought....
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

For optimal results, I would follow the Phase 1 plan exactly as outlined. If you deviate from this, there is a good chance you will slow your progress. The theory behind this program is to eliminate those types of carbs, so personally, I would not introduce them. Good luck!!!
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote