Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #1  
Nothing Getting in my Way

S/C/G: 205/201/140

Height: 5'6''

Default I had an epiphany on Saturday night!

I've been preparing my "new healthy lifestyle" for over a month...and it all started today, BUT- something happened on Saturday night that changed my life.

Let me start from the beginning. I weigh 205 lbs right now. I used to weigh 120 lbs 7 years ago. I'm not bragging, but back then I used to get SO MUCH attention from the opposite sex, and I always felt like a pretty girl. These past 5 years have been different. I always feel the "fat girl" in the group. I can't find clothes that fit me (at least not in the styles I want to wear) and I can't take a good picture. How did I let myself get that way? I can pinpoint 5 million different reasons- but it all comes back to me and the choice I MADE.

So Saturday night, my boyfriend and I were invited to dinner at a new local restaurant (it's "THE PLACE" to go right now)...I also found out that my boyfriends best friend would be there with his girlfriend (skinny and gorgeous) as well as his best friend's brother and his girlfriend (also skinny and gorgeous). Well, I sucked it up and put on my best looking fat girl clothes and headed to dinner.

When it came time to be seated, somehow I ended up in between these two girls at the booth. I could just imagine how everyone was looking at me...I probably looked like a huge elephant in between these two girls, not to mention I'm taller than both of them so it looked even worse, and then it hit me. I realized that my lifestyle was about to change, and that I was actually going to be doing something come Monday that would make me feel better about myself no matter what I looked like on the outside.

I always hear people talking about just the mere fact that they were eating healthier made their confidence go way up, regardless of how they still looked on the outside- and I think I've finally joined that group. Just a small victory for me!

What small goals, not related to an actual weight loss number have you achieved?

~Leslie
mselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #2  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

First of all, people always think that they are being looked at more negatively than they are. Probably no one was giving you any side looks. These are you friends and loved ones, right?

But those good choices DO make you feel good in and of themselves, because you're treating your body right, so good for you! Your body will start to reflect those changes in shape before you know it!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #3  

Best of luck to you!

You will get to your goal...and so will I.
All it takes is a LOT of time and perseverance.
I count my calories and keep a record on LoseIt.com. It really helps me keep on track.
I set my calories for a 1.5 lb loss per week. (1550 per day) That way I can lose over 50 pounds per year.

If you do the same, by this time next summer you might be under 140.
You WILL get back to 140...and 120...if you stick to it for the long haul.
So many people quit when they lose 20 pounds. Don't do that. Hang in there.
Ask for help if you feel like quitting.

And those 2 skinny girls will be so jealous when you end up looking nicer than they do next year.

It just takes time....and I got so discouraged this morning, I felt like quitting. But I decided to keep counting my calories every day, to lose that extra 22 pounds this year. I'll be down another clothing size if I lose it. And I'll look that much better this coming New Year.
So I joined two weight loss challenges today to keep myself focused.

I am getting more done around the house now, and I feel happier wearing 2 sizes smaller.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #4  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

First of all, good for you and feeling better about yourself already! I don't care what it takes, that first bit of feeling good provides motivation! It's a long journey, so take the motivation where you can get it. I didn't have one of those "feel good moments" unrelated to weight loss, but I have surrounding circumstances to the start of my journey that would hinder such things. I am so glad you have found one though, and that you are set to go with your plan!

Jolina - I want to say.... you give a heck of a pep talk girl! It's hard to imagine you having that feeling of giving up... just reading what you wrote to mselle inspired me! Dig deep because you have come so far already! You have a lot to be proud of!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #5  
Nothing Getting in my Way

S/C/G: 205/201/140

Height: 5'6''

Wow- thank you so much for your replies...you all just made me cry- happy tears!

@jem- Being "the fat girl" is a terrible title, and I think we're both on our way to losing that title!
@kaleid- I'm sure you're right, even when I was "the skinny girl", I never stared at girls with a weight problem...but now that I'm on the other side of the mirror it's so easy to think that everyone is staring at me.
@Jolina and myturn - Jolina definitely gives a great pep talk! I'm so glad that you tld us that you were discouraged this morning, it's things like this that are going to keep me going when I do get discouraged. Keep it up! We all know you can do it! Itsmyturn- we're both living the inferno in the western part of the USA...last I check it was 104 outside, I don't even want to imagine AZ!
mselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

mselle - It's been hanging between 106-108 as of late. Last night we got a bit of sprinkles and a wonderful light show from lightning though, so that helped cool it down today. This morning woke up in the 80's instead of mid-90's... I will take it! Not sure where you are at, but California's temps have been real high as of late too. Hope you all have an awesome day! ~Star~
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote