Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/297/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy HELP!! having a hard time getting back on track

over the weekend it felt like i tryed to eat on track then there was temptoins and emotions . I just ate and ate and ate. i still counted my calories but I felt so ashamed about it that I kept eating. today is a new day and im trying to stay on track but I keep coming back to the guilt of the weekend. has anyone had this problem before if so,how did you over come it?
aidensmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

For me I used to say 'Well I'm already over calories, there's no way to 'save' this day now, so I might as well eat more...' It ain't over till it's over, if you cheat, you need to train yourself to stop as soon as you realized you crossed the line! Remove the temptations if you can, otherwise it will be up to you to make sure you keep from reaching into that cookie jar. Every time you reach for that snack, ask yourself if you're really hungry!

Find something to do that interests you on the weekends! I would eat on the weekends out of boredom...sitting in front of my computer being lazy! I took up sewing on the weekends, and made it a point to schedule a visit with my mom every Sunday to get me out of the house. Even going to the mall and walking around window-gazing and people-watching (but not buying anything) will get you away from the temptation! If you prefer solitude, go to a local park or national park and just stroll down their hiking trail--nothing intense, just you and your thoughts and maybe your IPod!

Last edited by mimi86; 08-01-2011 at 01:36 PM.
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #3  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I feel your pain! I, too, have a really hard time on the weekends. I found a group of people on a thread and we would do a "weekend challenge" every weekend, and the challenge was to stay on plan. When I would get weak, I would try to do something that took my mind off of food. I would also log-in to this site and visit that thread and post something. Mind over matter...you can do it!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Look, you don't fail a diet. A diet fails YOU.

So you can't stick to whatever it was yesterday. Accept it. Now take what you can learn from it.

Was it trigger foods that set you off?
Trying to go too low in calories that set up a binge thing?
Was it social eating?
Taking on more than you could do?
Extenuating circumstances?
What was it?

Then adjust so it doesn't happen again. Move forward. Some things take more than one try to master (ex: eating out) and that is OK. We are all learning here!

There really isn't any need to get all emotional about it and feel ashamed.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

aidensmamma... I am working through some of the same thought processes, and so far I'm not doing awesome, but I am doing what I can to change. One thing I find that worked was writing in a notebook a quick note. First I started every morning to help get my focus on track and my mind in a good place for the day. Then I found that on times that I slipped, instead of just saying "screw it" and eating more, I would write another journal entry to go through my emotions that lead to the eating, how I felt while eating and what came after the binge (physically and emotionally). I think this helped me to keep from continuing the binge and it's really brought forward some emotions and moods that set off eating and fueled a binge.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but sometimes my entries are literally only a few sentences. I admit I lost track of it and find I was doing a lot better when I did do it...
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/297/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone I really needed that suport , I think i just get too bored on weekends Im going to try to pick up on my sewing its how i used to spend any free time I have. I apriciate the different things to think about im going to try to meal plan next week and just stay out of the house much as posible this next weekend.
aidensmamma is offline   Reply With Quote